Unicorn wrote:
Couple suggestion for ya!
1. Custom menus instead od TI OS menus. (compared to the xlibC it looks really bad Razz)
2. A help guide explaning everything on calc
3. maybe something explaining how fitness and other things work.

Custom menus: Can you please provide examples? I kind of get what you're saying, but don't at the same time.

Help: Help will come later.

APIs: explanations will come with them.
solarsoftware wrote:
Custom menus: Can you please provide examples?

Sure, I believe the idea is to avoid the TI-OS Menu() command, and rather draw the menus more graphically, in a way. So rather than having it be a basic menu, it would have some sort of style to it.
Like how Cortana has the color background,instead of using the TI OS menus make a custom menus using the xlib colors. It would make the whole project look way more seamless.
Sure thing. Right now, I have it so the theme syncs with the menus, but I'll change it later. Right now, I have to finish up the Start Screen, geofencing, and the general UI. Speaking of which, in very soon, there will be a new build. The build version goes like this:
4141: number of changes from first build
Okay, I'm finally back with a new build. Trust me on this one.

Run START first, then delete it.

DOWNLOAD:
https://db.tt/gPmouLMz

SCREENSHOTS:
http://1drv.ms/1br7sy5

This build features a new Settings experience with Search, and you can search for features in the new UI very easily. In fact, the whole Settings interface can be navigated with just the arrow keys alone (besides text and ENTER).
Battery Saver can help your battery last longer by graduating the colors on the screen and limiting background tasks. In the future, this will track the percentage of battery taken up by the screen, background tasks, and communication.
You can add a PIN lock to the lock screen, and this doesn't have to be limited by numbers, it can contain letters and special characters in it (such as WIn10+-).
Reminders also function, and they will display on the lock screen under the time and date. Geo-based reminders will not function, for now.
Dynamic Switch is also present. Windows will automatically change the theme based on the time, so when it's dark, you won't have white space glaring at you.
What else, oh. There's an about section in Settings, and you can view the build information and see if you need to update Windows (which you can easily do within Settings. Settings is bound to change, which new features being added daily. Date and Time settings will be next, along with Region for Weather.
If you want a stable build, this one's the one! Try it today!

PLEASE REPORT BUGS!
Known bugs:
Cortana won't do lowercase sometimes
Theme doesn't change immediately
solarsoftware wrote:
Okay, I'm finally back with a new build. Trust me on this one.

Run START first, then delete it.

DOWNLOAD:
https://db.tt/gPmouLMz

SCREENSHOTS:
http://1drv.ms/1br7sy5

This build features a new Settings experience with Search, and you can search for features in the new UI very easily. In fact, the whole Settings interface can be navigated with just the arrow keys alone (besides text and ENTER).
Battery Saver can help your battery last longer by graduating the colors on the screen and limiting background tasks. In the future, this will track the percentage of battery taken up by the screen, background tasks, and communication.
You can add a PIN lock to the lock screen, and this doesn't have to be limited by numbers, it can contain letters and special characters in it (such as WIn10+-).
Reminders also function, and they will display on the lock screen under the time and date. Geo-based reminders will not function, for now.
Dynamic Switch is also present. Windows will automatically change the theme based on the time, so when it's dark, you won't have white space glaring at you.
What else, oh. There's an about section in Settings, and you can view the build information and see if you need to update Windows (which you can easily do within Settings. Settings is bound to change, which new features being added daily. Date and Time settings will be next, along with Region for Weather.
If you want a stable build, this one's the one! Try it today!

PLEASE REPORT BUGS!
Known bugs:
Cortana won't do lowercase sometimes
Theme doesn't change immediately

In other news, I'm starting a BASIC version of W10 on 84+. Once I learn ASM, though...
Hold on. In future builds, I'm going to include a desktop. How the heck are you going to scale the size properly? lol

What features are you trying to implement? Like I stated earlier, I can assist you in the development of the UI and programming. You have to plan first.
I'm just adding cursor and Start support (It's a bit easy; I tried to Axe-ify Doors CS once)
Okay. That clarifies some things.

Also, for people who do download the build and install it. I can't emphasize enough. I need feedback. This goes the calculator build of Windows 10, and also for the desktop version. I can adjust features so that the whole experience is seamless and "just works". Just comment your ideas, suggestions, and bug reports.
Suggestion: Default wallpapers
Suggestion: Sleep mode
Suggestion: Remote desktop (You did step-counter, after all)
1) Wallpapers will come in the build with Start
2) Sleep mode already exists
3) Remote desktop - waiting for CALCnet...
I still don't see how step counter works. Please actually explain that solar.
Okay, here's another clue. When the calculator is in sleep (on the lock screen), take the case off, and put it in your pocket.

Figured it out?
I knew that it was a button-per-second thing!
So if buttons are pressed it is a step? I honestly don't know how acuate that will be. Just saying.
Not just that. It analyzes what the definition of a step is before it counts it. Basically, it's creating a mental map of what your leg is and what a step is. So no, it's not a step per button and it's not a step per second, but it actually conforms to your personal step.

Again, still in beta.
solarsoftware wrote:
Not just that. It analyzes what the definition of a step is before it counts it. Basically, it's creating a mental map of what your leg is and what a step is. So no, it's not a step per button and it's not a step per second, but it actually conforms to your personal step.

Again, still in beta.

Microsoft is becoming more personal, so I'll take it.
I've been trying this out and it's pretty awesome! Congrats to such a great project, solarsoftware!
Thank you, thank you!
Cool idea: Gossamer built in.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 21
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours