Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.
solarsoftware wrote:
DOWNLOAD:
https://db.tt/IVHEE01f (download link)

SCREENSHOTS:
https://db.tt/2oeXzrK6
https://db.tt/uUll5ebH
https://db.tt/jwJn3Kt1
https://db.tt/qu8ddzXb
https://db.tt/cd2ISR0h
https://db.tt/aLOpx5MM
https://db.tt/XIt2FdxX
https://db.tt/JiEqjjqr

This build features Cortana and the new OOBE. In future builds, the OOBE will be a migrate feature instead of an in-place upgrade.

Setup:
Transfer the files to your calculator and run START. This OOBE is similar to Windows 8.x, and more things will be added in the future. You should delete the program after first use.

Cortana:
An early build is now available. You can click F1-F4 for the search bar, and F5 to access the menu. A Cortana OOBE is also there, and will take you through the setup steps.
She accepts one word queries such as REMIND, CALC, EXIT, DATE, YEAR, TIME, ETC. More commands will be added, and please give me suggestions!

Known bugs:
Storage Sense doesn't work in this build
Cortana's Notebook won't work
Cortana's text box may not show what you typed
Reminders don't show up yet, the lock screen hasn't been released
Photos key presses are slow (hold buttons) and numbers show up

Up next:
Weather is coming


Much better than anything I can concoct.

solarsoftware wrote:

P.S. Just wait until the taskbar UI is changed for you guys in a future Windows 10 desktop build. It looks awesome!


Is this protected by an NDA? Razz
Like a screenshot or something?
https://db.tt/u2MbOxnV

Nah...
solarsoftware wrote:
Like a screenshot or something?
https://db.tt/u2MbOxnV

Nah...


So I have permission to tip Windows Central.
Yes, you do.
Thanks. By the way, how big is the program (calc)? I might get a CSE or CE for this purpose only.
Well, right now I'm creating geofencing for notifications, and Cortana is about 7000 bytes. I have yet to compress the files and such, but that's how large it is now.
DOWNLOAD:
https://db.tt/NaaIs77I
RUN SETUP AND THEN DELETE IT

VIDEO:
https://db.tt/dcXXwdwM
SCREENSHOTS:
https://db.tt/QgwHCl7v
https://db.tt/zO7wZ1SP
https://db.tt/YqaK0mGF
https://db.tt/seTlhBBM
https://db.tt/tgHPbCVS
https://db.tt/OP5QGl9P
https://db.tt/rNyDVSIz
https://db.tt/gvkSmAea
https://db.tt/zkpPmS4W

In this build, there are numerous bug fixes, and the Notebook is now available.
The Fitness app is in a VERY pre-alpha phase, and will display how many steps you've taken.

Cortana can now make geo-based reminders, and will show that in the Notebook.

The new lock screen is also finally released, with no passcode support [yet]. The notification center can be accessed from there, and you can clear all notifications.

Up next:
Storage Sense
Weather
Notifications on lock screen
solarsoftware wrote:
DOWNLOAD:
https://db.tt/NaaIs77I
RUN SETUP AND THEN DELETE IT

VIDEO:
https://db.tt/dcXXwdwM
SCREENSHOTS:
https://db.tt/QgwHCl7v
https://db.tt/zO7wZ1SP
https://db.tt/YqaK0mGF
https://db.tt/seTlhBBM
https://db.tt/tgHPbCVS
https://db.tt/OP5QGl9P
https://db.tt/rNyDVSIz
https://db.tt/gvkSmAea
https://db.tt/zkpPmS4W

In this build, there are numerous bug fixes, and the Notebook is now available.
The Fitness app is in a VERY pre-alpha phase, and will display how many steps you've taken.

Cortana can now make geo-based reminders, and will show that in the Notebook.

The new lock screen is also finally released, with no passcode support [yet]. The notification center can be accessed from there, and you can clear all notifications.

Up next:
Storage Sense
Weather
Notifications on lock screen
\

Whoa how did you do notifications and a step counter?
Magic... Rolling Eyes

No, it uses algorithms based on the inputs on the calculator to calculate how many steps you have taken. Basically, you have to keep your calculator in your pocket after locking it. Notifications, I'll post the API for that later.

NOTE: There will be a change to Cortana and privacy. If you opt out of using Cortana, you can still do math. You're not obligated to use Cortana, but you know, you should...

Next build: up for next week...? (if stable)

Up next:
Redesigned Settings interface with search
Passcode lock
Finished Cortana geofencing
Weather
But how does The calc gather input when you are walking? There is no movement sensor inside of the CSE that I know of...

I honestly don't understand how windows ten could be implemented on te CSE either. Please explain
Think about the input that the calculator has... then you'll figure it out. If you really want to see, look at the code in the LOCK program. Then you'll see. This is also a kernel of the geofencing technique used by Cortana on any platform (PC, tablet, phone), but since there are no actual motion inputs on the calculator, I had to use that method.

Also, I'm making a convertor that will create calculator versions of Windows Phone apps. The foundation is currently being created on my laptop, and I'll release that later.
SCREENSHOTS:
http://goo.gl/FWxSua

EDIT #2: Okay, the next build is for sure coming tomorrow. I tested it in wabbitEmu and it worked, so for sure it'll work for any CSE/CE calculator. Ignore my previous 2 mistakes on the OOBE.

EDIT: None of the builds released function properly... ugh. Hold on until tomorrow for a fix. If you want to manually fix this: set "0" to all of the strings.

If all goes well, you guys could see a new build tomorrow or Tuesday. Here's screenshots of a build candidate that's stable, but so many features weren't finished that I couldn't release it.

Of the features that are finished, Battery Saver is one of them. In my tests, it saved the battery (in regular use)0 by about 10%-15%. It graduates the colors and minimizes the refresh rate.

Another feature that is finished is Dynamic Switch. Since many people enjoyed the dark and the light themes, I decided to combine them. At night, it will automatically switch to the dark theme, and light in the day. It actually works pretty well.

Additionally, I added another app. Search is now present. Now, don't get confused. Cortana and Search are two different apps, just in one UI. If you opt of Cortana, you get Search. You can do math in Search. If you opt out of Search, you get Cortana. it's similar to Windows 10's implementation of Cortana on the desktop. I had to do this for privacy reasons, and in my findings in internal testing, people actually liked this option. To recognize which app you're using, the splash screen dynamically changes as well. Cortana's splash screen has the Windows 8.x style progress bar, and Search has a static search icon. Cortana also has additional queries, such as switching between RADIAN and DEGREE modes.

Finally, the new Settings experience is present. I got many complaints about the old UI, and I can't blame anyone but myself on that one. It was slow, laggy, and a labyrinth of menus. So I simplified everything. Settings is divided into three, easy-to-use categories, System, Apps, and Update. If you can't find a setting or want to get to one faster, you can search for one. You don't even have to finish typing the word, just type "S" and all of the settings that start with "S" will appear. It works better than I thought.

So there you have it. That's pretty much how far I've gotten alone. A new build is coming soon with in-app USB updates, a passcode lock and finished geofencing.

Come on, people. You have suggestions, I just need to know them.

Up next:
About section
Weather
Lock screen widgets...?
solarsoftware wrote:
SCREENSHOTS:
http://goo.gl/FWxSua

EDIT #2: Okay, the next build is for sure coming tomorrow. I tested it in wabbitEmu and it worked, so for sure it'll work for any CSE/CE calculator. Ignore my previous 2 mistakes on the OOBE.

EDIT: None of the builds released function properly... ugh. Hold on until tomorrow for a fix. If you want to manually fix this: set "0" to all of the strings.

If all goes well, you guys could see a new build tomorrow or Tuesday. Here's screenshots of a build candidate that's stable, but so many features weren't finished that I couldn't release it.

Of the features that are finished, Battery Saver is one of them. In my tests, it saved the battery (in regular use)0 by about 10%-15%. It graduates the colors and minimizes the refresh rate.

Another feature that is finished is Dynamic Switch. Since many people enjoyed the dark and the light themes, I decided to combine them. At night, it will automatically switch to the dark theme, and light in the day. It actually works pretty well.

Additionally, I added another app. Search is now present. Now, don't get confused. Cortana and Search are two different apps, just in one UI. If you opt of Cortana, you get Search. You can do math in Search. If you opt out of Search, you get Cortana. it's similar to Windows 10's implementation of Cortana on the desktop. I had to do this for privacy reasons, and in my findings in internal testing, people actually liked this option. To recognize which app you're using, the splash screen dynamically changes as well. Cortana's splash screen has the Windows 8.x style progress bar, and Search has a static search icon. Cortana also has additional queries, such as switching between RADIAN and DEGREE modes.

Finally, the new Settings experience is present. I got many complaints about the old UI, and I can't blame anyone but myself on that one. It was slow, laggy, and a labyrinth of menus. So I simplified everything. Settings is divided into three, easy-to-use categories, System, Apps, and Update. If you can't find a setting or want to get to one faster, you can search for one. You don't even have to finish typing the word, just type "S" and all of the settings that start with "S" will appear. It works better than I thought.

So there you have it. That's pretty much how far I've gotten alone. A new build is coming soon with in-app USB updates, a passcode lock and finished geofencing.

Come on, people. You have suggestions, I just need to know them.

Up next:
About section
Weather
Lock screen widgets...?

Dynamic search? You could learn ASM and build the whole OS!
You mean Dynamic Switch? Search is done, and Dynamic Switch is for themes.
So I assume that this will be all integrated into one whole program when finished?
solarsoftware wrote:
You mean Dynamic Switch? Search is done, and Dynamic Switch is for themes.


I meant the first-letter thing.
The next build will be released tomorrow, sorry about the delay. Everything is working, but I'm going to add a couple more features as a bonus. The build # will be 4141.
And no, this won't be one program when released... these are separate apps. The Start screen will unify everything later (after the summer).
solarsoftware wrote:
The build # will be 4141.

Any particular reason for this build number, or is it arbitrary? Anywho, nice work on this, and hopefully you can make it work out the way you want it too! Looks nifty so far, although I am wondering how some features will end up being implemented. Good luck! Wink
Couple suggestion for ya!
1. Custom menus instead od TI OS menus. (compared to the xlibC it looks really bad Razz)
2. A help guide explaning everything on calc
3. maybe something explaining how fitness and other things work.
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 21
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement