Well, I saw a couple requests here and there for a text viewer, so I got bored today and threw together a super simple text viewer that works with the online Document DE converter (It's less flickery, that's just the gif issues with capture. Razz)

DOWNLOAD

I will probably add things like a better gui and scrolling and stuff. And reading actually from the archive... But here it is for now, as a text display thingy. Razz
Looks nice, don't forget to add fonts and rainbows for the text!
Unicorn wrote:
Looks nice, don't forget to add fonts and rainbows for the text!

Haha, sounds good. Smile Custom fonts wouldn't be too bad to add; just have to modify some other things. A rainbow font would be cool, but probably isn't feasible. Razz
You could have Annie Where's your Telescope font and Arial font.
Unicorn wrote:
You could have Annie Where's your Telescope font and Arial font.

Yep, don't know if I have enough room to do things like that though. Wink Anywho, this might not turn into a fully functional on-calc text editor anytime soon, but I guess I'll just wait and see what happens. Could be fun, but at least now text files can be looked at and transferred a lot easier. I'll probably tidy up the GUI first, and then other things.
It's definitely a good start, I think there would be a lot of students very appreciative of a notepad like program for the CSE. I'd fully support taking this further Very Happy
Would you consider combining this with some of the code unknownln published for his long-on-hiatus TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition text editor (code available on GitHub)? I know you have zero free time, but I think there's definitely a nifty text editor/viewer somewhere in your combined work.
KermMartian wrote:
Would you consider combining this with some of the code unknownln published for his long-on-hiatus TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition text editor (code available on GitHub)? I know you have zero free time, but I think there's definitely a nifty text editor/viewer somewhere in your combined work.

Yes, I might do something like that. Making a text editor would be relatively easy; I've got one lying around from the monochrome series, so I can just modify the bounds and stuff from that to make it work. I will probably stick with the TI-OS font for now in order to save space; and I have a quick question: What is the best way for calculating which line to currently view? I currently have it set up to where when you press down, it stores a pointer to the previous line into ram page 5, which gives about 8100 lines or so, which is probably enough for most things. Razz Of course, I could always just scan back to the previous newline... That would probably work a lot better; think I'll do that instead. Smile

EDIT: Oh, and I'll probably just make a small program to convert the text files to AppVars instead of programs.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours