Would flashcards help you if they were on your calculator?
Yes
 76%  [ 10 ]
No
 23%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 13

Well, that also pretty easy
Again on this site:

Code:
"rowSwap(NAME"->Str0
det(4)// Create appvar
"DATA TO UPLOAD HERE"->Str9
det(2)// Insert line
DelVar Str9
det(0)// Read line

... and then ...
Str9 = "DATA TO UPLOAD HERE"
Here I will give you an example, of inserting scores into an appvar, with the first line is the highscore. I hope this might be useful

Code:
"rowSwap(SCORE"->Str0
det(4)             // Create appvar
"0"->Str9          // High score of 0 at the first line
1:det(2)
[game]
// Score retrieved in A
[/game/]
[code for setting variable A in Str1 or another Str, not 9!! because Str9 will be overwritten.]
1:det(0)           // Read the first line
If A>expr(Str9)    // If your score is higher than the highscore...
Then
Str1->Str9
1:det(1)           // Replace the first line with the highscore
End
0:det(0)           // How many lines have the appvar?
Str1->Str9
theta+1:det(2)     // Add new line
// Return to game
Please don't double post within 24 hours, use the edit button.
Ok then... Is it possible to do this?

Code:
Input "APPVAR NAME:",Str1
"rowSwap("+Str1->Str0
det(4)
DelVar Str1

Or would it throw me an error at det(4)?
From your screenshot, it looks like Celtic threw out a bunch of garbage. You said you don't have you own computer, so I was wondering what exactly you're using to make these posts and run the emulator. I would be glad to help, as this program seems like a great idea.

On another note, be safe and run the program from the DCSE app itself, as that would /probably/ eliminate the det(4) error.
I run the code on a ROM image that I made on the school computers, on jStified. But yes, please help!
caleb1997 wrote:
I run the code on a ROM image that I made on the school computers, on jStified. But yes, please help!

On jStified, do you have DCS installed?

Maybe try using a monochrome calc rom.
Yes, I do. And I have a CSE ROM.
I was trying to re-create the issue/program, but I only have a +SE rom (monochrome), and I forgot that the syntax for using Celtic libs is different between Color and Mono. I will have to say that people looking to use this app will be using Color and Mono calcs, as Mono is still pretty popular. A Mono port would be nice, and I would have to point you to [link]http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php/Third-Party_BASIC_Libraries[/link] to do it. It shouldn't be too hard.
NoahK wrote:
I was trying to re-create the issue/program, but I only have a +SE rom (monochrome), and I forgot that the syntax for using Celtic libs is different between Color and Mono. I will have to say that people looking to use this app will be using Color and Mono calcs, as Mono is still pretty popular. A Mono port would be nice, and I would have to point you to http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php/Third-Party_BASIC_Libraries to do it. It shouldn't be too hard.

no, it should be not too hard... Would you like to work on the monochrome edition, while I work on the color edition? That would help me the most, since you said that you wanted to help. If you decide to, I can add you as a coauthor when I upload the program.
I will start working on the color edition.
Yeah, if you can put your current color code up from time to time, I'll translate it to monochrome. Very Happy
I will do that then. Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
Code in a little while.
Would be really helpful to hook onto computer and type our own flashcards on ti-connect ce
joshuawu518 wrote:
Would be really helpful to hook onto computer and type our own flashcards on ti-connect ce

Few things:

1) retroposting/necroposting is generally frowned upon (this hasn't been posted on in ~2 years)
2) This is for the CSE, as far as I can tell, and it inherently won't work with TI-Connect CE Smile
You know, if you actually look through the archives, there's already a program that does this for the CE Wink
TheLastMillennial wrote:
You know, if you actually look through the archives, there's already a program that does this for the CE Wink

link here

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours