Please forgive me if I've posted this in the wrong area. I am very new to downloading and transferring programs to my TI-84 Plus C SE. I have read all the information I can find. Here is my issue. I've been looking for Algebra programs that I can download and assist me. I have found programs that I can download and transfer to my calculator, but every one of them continues to give me an error when I enter an equation. After transferring, I hit Prgm, the program is highlighted I hit enter, the name of the program appears on the screen, I enter the equation next to it, hit enter and error. I don't know what a program is supposed to look like when I open it, and I don't even know if there is anything I need extra to execute these programs. I have looked at screen shots but they don't look anything like what I'm seeing on my screen. I will be most grateful if someone can help me.
Which program are you using? Since many programs have similar names, can you link us to the download location?

It is possible that this program was written for the TI-84 Plus non-Color, and is thus not compatible with the color TI-84 Plus series.
[edit] Also, what Unicorn suggested are also valid causes of a program not working.
Hmm. Could you tell what the error is? Also, a lot of programs require DCSE so you might want to get that too. (doors cse in google)

Also, welcome to Cemetech Christine!

EDIT: Yay I can't be found! 404 Razz
Thank you both for replying so quickly. One of the many programs I've downloaded and tried use is called linearsystems, the link is below. It's from your archives. I would include images if I knew how to do that.

http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=folder&path=/84pcse/basic/math/[/img]

It's a Syntax error, always a syntax error.
It looks like it doesn't require DCSE, are you in CLASSIC mode? Change to it by pressing mode then select CLASSIC.
When the Syntax error happens, could you please post the line of code it goes to after you press 2. goto.
Also, what are you inputting as your equation?
The one that is highlighted black is the mode you are currently in? Mine was highlighted Mathprint.
It depends on the program CVSoft. I enter the equation per instructions in the word document or whatever readme comes with the program.
Yeah, The screeshots of the program in the archives said CLASSIC, so Ifiguered it might wok in classic mode.

Remeber to use the EDIT buttn!
Well that's helpful considering I didn't know there was a difference, and even if I did I wouldn't have known where to change it. Like I said, I'm waaay new to graphing calculators.
What code does the syntax error point to? The problem may be what CVsoft said, or a simple syntax error.
Am I limited to just the programs in the TI-84 Plus CSE section of the archives or can I try programs in the TI-84 Plus archives as well?
It says Check all arguments entered
Press + on menu item for Catalog Help.

I'm not sure about a code it points to. 1. Quit 2. GoTo
Nope, with the CSE, you can only use the CSE programs as the screen dimensions are diferent

Again, please use the edit button.

Press two when that screen comes up again and post the code that the text highlighter is on.
Also, when I try to enter Matrices, it gives me the same error. Not sure what that's all about. I'm just honestly trying to do equations using Cramer's Rule without the hassle of doing them by hand but so far, nothing has been fruitful.
Press 2 when the errorscreen come up. About the matrices,you may be using the wrong brackets.
I think I know how to add some pics so you can see what my screen looks like. Also, When I hit #2, it goes back to the screen but it doesn't point to an error code unless perhaps I don't know what I'm talking about which is probably the case. Brb with some pics.
Ugh, its probably a locked program. In that case, you need to install DCSE to check the code.
Sorry it took so long. I don't upload pics to any particular website so I had to find one. I hope this works...

http://christinebrent.smugmug.com/Whatever/i-bmhDDkL/A

http://christinebrent.smugmug.com/Whatever/i-w7S9sCg/A

As you can see I am trying to add -2 to the last box but when I try to, it gives me that error. I was watching a youtube video of someone entering these numbers, his worked fine Confused
Are you still using the program you linked us to above? Could you give us the equation you were trying to use on it?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours