Should mobileTunes CSE have a mouse?
Yes
 32%  [ 13 ]
No
 67%  [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 40

readroof2 wrote:
mr womp womp: I tried it out and it works well, but what if I want to make a song with custom wavelengths? Is there some kind of converter for mp4 to the wavelengths so I could just copy and paste into a TI-Basic program?

I think there is a converter on cemetech to convert .MIDI files into songs for Mt3 on the monochrome version, but this isn't ti-basic... If you want to do it in basic, you can do it like I did, just calling an ASM prgogram that will interpret the string you inputted, this way, you can easily pick out the wavelengths you like and concatenate a song, but once again, this isn't directly converting an Mp3 file... If you have ALOT of spare space (like all the space of an 84+ SE for a 3 minute song) you could use Trusound, an app that was made to convert songs and have them play on your calc, which I think is what you're really trying to do, basically you take the song and export it in .wav with a specific sample rate, then just drag and drop it on the included .exe file (or use cmd) and tada, it will make the app for ya.
It looks like TruSound is for the monochrome calculators, but I want it to work on my CSE. If I download TruSound, will it come with a .exe converter to get the wavelengths that will play the same music on the monochromes and CSE?
readroof2 wrote:
It looks like TruSound is for the monochrome calculators, but I want it to work on my CSE. If I download TruSound, will it come with a .exe converter to get the wavelengths that will play the same music on the monochromes and CSE?

no.
mr womp womp wrote:
readroof2 wrote:

no.

Then how can I convert a music file to something that will work with Noteman?
Readroof, you may want to make your own topic for this, as you are pushing this mobiletunes topic off track.
This is really cool MateoConLechuga, I hope this project gets done soon!
100003493: Sadly, Mateo is taking an extended break from Cemetech and is focusing on other parts of his life, so the completion of this project may be a bit...delayed.
Actually, the delay is on my end. I just need to finish the interface for the program, and it'll be more or less ready for release. I don't suppose anyone would care to do a little pixel art? I'm trying to imitate the mobileTunes 3 monochrome interface (specifically the buttons at the bottom of the screen) in 2-bit color pieces.
KermMartian wrote:
Actually, the delay is on my end. I just need to finish the interface for the program, and it'll be more or less ready for release. I don't suppose anyone would care to do a little pixel art? I'm trying to imitate the mobileTunes 3 monochrome interface (specifically the buttons at the bottom of the screen) in 2-bit color pieces.

Pixel art? I might be able to do it. How difficult would it be?
100003493 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

The task is exactly what I said: making a 320-pixel wide version of the buttons in mobileTunes, in 2-bit color (that is, at most 4 arbitrary colors), to fit at the bottom of the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition LCD. Here's what the original monochrome screen looks like:

KermMartian wrote:
100003493 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

The task is exactly what I said: making a 320-pixel wide version of the buttons in mobileTunes, in 2-bit color (that is, at most 4 arbitrary colors), to fit at the bottom of the TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition LCD. Here's what the original monochrome screen looks like:

Oh okay. Btw, do want it any specific color.
100003493 wrote:
Oh okay. Btw, do want it any specific color.
The blue-and-gray scheme that Mateo is already using would be ideal (see page 1 of this topic).

[edit]

Didn't see the initial blue grey theme, so I went for Cemetech/DCS red. This could be remapped pretty easily with a dark grey for the red, and light blue for highlight, or deep blue for the red, and light grey for the highlight.
elfprince13 wrote:

[edit]

Didn't see the initial blue grey theme, so I went for Cemetech/DCS red. This could be remapped pretty easily with a dark grey for the red, and light blue for highlight, or deep blue for the red, and light grey for the highlight.

Looks nice elfprince13! Perhaps you could mix the red and blue pixels together in the buttons.
I put this together in Paint, don't know if Paint is good for that sort of thing or not but there it is, maybe for inspiration?
Those buttons (and the color scheme) look phenomenal, but the playback position marker is a little bulky / aliased. I think just a thin vertical line would be better there. Otherwise very nice work.

One other thing comes to mind though - keep in mind the scale of the small font for the CSE
What you say about the playback position marker seems quite true.

I'm not sure about the font - the text in the mockup is merely there for a placeholder, who knows what the end result could be, maybe there could be different data there or even an album art, I don't know.
CalebHansberry wrote:
What you say about the playback position marker seems quite true.

I'm not sure about the font - the text in the mockup is merely there for a placeholder, who knows what the end result could be, maybe there could be different data there or even an album art, I don't know.
Take a look at these most recent screenshots that I took (much earlier in the year), with the current interface and a playback marker I was trying. It might provide inspiration for a possible version.

KermMartian wrote:
CalebHansberry wrote:

Album art would be funny / cool.

Also, I mentioned this at Maker Faire in connection to MT3 and FT3, but a playlist format would be great.
That looks really great, Caleb! I took the liberty of adapting the prototype that elfprince13 sketched and you greatly refined, shrinking the buttons, smoothing the edges between the white and gray, and adding a smaller version of the playback position marker I had previously created. What do you guys think?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 3 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours