Should mobileTunes CSE have a mouse?
Yes
 32%  [ 13 ]
No
 67%  [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 40

Oh, whenever you want to send it is fine. Smile I have a couple ideas going right now, but not really sure where they will go yet. There is one though that is kind of interesting. Wink Thanks for everything! Smile
I have to say this, just from a UI designer's perspective. The UX right now is good, just I feel it could be simplified and have the same functionality mapped to the F1-F5 functions. Here's are basic interface mockups:
https://db.tt/bkrqrINY
https://db.tt/bYuEhGIq
solarsoftware wrote:
I have to say this, just from a UI designer's perspective. The UX right now is good, just I feel it could be simplified and have the same functionality mapped to the F1-F5 functions. Here's are basic interface mockups:
https://db.tt/bkrqrINY
https://db.tt/bYuEhGIq

Hmm, I do rather like the simplistic design. I could play around with this a little more, and perhaps use Iambian's interrupt based player to do more things, such as audio visualization or something on the side. Smile
I'm not sure how much data this would take, but wouldn't it be awesome if you had album covers?
mobileTunes 1.0 had support for a still image as an album cover, and even animated frames that could be synced with parts of the song. Unfortunately, I didn't bring that feature into mobileTunes 3, and it's not currently in mobileTunes 3 CSE.
Bump. Oh, by the way Kerm, I'd be happy to touch up on the program and do some GUI things and add some features if you would like. Smile Thanks!
Good signs. When are going to see a preview of it?
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Bump. Oh, by the way Kerm, I'd be happy to touch up on the program and do some GUI things and add some features if you would like. Smile Thanks!
Thanks, definitely! I hope you don't mind that I wanted to mess with the GUI a bit first; if I'm delaying you, I can certainly pass the source back for now.

solarsoftware wrote:
Good signs. When are going to see a preview of it?
When we have free time to work on it. Real life comes first.
How close is mobileTunes 3 CSE to being finished? It looks like you guys are doing a really good job on the whole GUI thing; does it still need to play the music, or are there bugs that really mess with the calculator?
Nope, everything is working perfectly. Just waiting to see what Kerm has done with the GUI, but it has been converted to run quite well. Kerm, thoughts on this? Smile

Also, I did some work on an interrupt-based player that Iambian was working on, for some graphics while playing, if we want to try taking that route too. Smile
Cool. Are you both working on different parts of the programs, or would you guys have to compromise and decide on something if you were both working on the same thing? Or is it shared between you so you can both see what the other is editing? I don't really get how more than one person would work on a program because some people probably have very different styles of programming. I can't wait to see it in the archives, though! Will it come with a little application to convert mp4 files to music AppVars for the program to use?
Also, will there be a lib made for DCSE that will allow us to play a song in a program? Doesn't DCS have something of the sort?
No; Axe does however. It unfortunately wouldn't be able to work like that, since processor instructions have to play the song, which would be too much load, even with innterupts. It could play, but it would cause a slowdown everywhere else.

Readroof, Kerm and I are exchanging source back and forth for now; and there are many ways to work together on projects, such as GitHub.
Darn, that would be a pretty cool feature for some games and programs in basic.
Then again, you can reduce the load and have music... Although it seems like a pretty labor intensive process, it is definitely possible (it is however the only program I've seen that has both stuff going on and music) it is really small compared to the files created by trusound by Brian Coventry aka thepenguin77 which maybe I'm doing it wrong, but within a matter of about 21 seconds worth of music, if I didn't want any warping of the pitch and speed, the calculator would be full...
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/456/45667.html
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbukTC37ydY
Unicorn wrote:

Doesn't Steins;Gate 8-bit by calc84maniac play music in the game? What is the explanation for that? Is it because it waits for you to input stuff, giving it a lot of time to do other stuff, such as the music?
readroof2 wrote:
Unicorn wrote:

Doesn't Steins;Gate 8-bit by calc84maniac play music in the game? What is the explanation for that? Is it because it waits for you to input stuff, giving it a lot of time to do other stuff, such as the music?

yeah That's what I said, it's not actually a game, but rather, a story (a visual novel actually) which you just click through slowly, and even that is sorta pushing the limits of the sad little 15MHz processor, one program that really impresed me would be a Pyoro port that I found on Ticalc a while back, it is an actual game with some form of music (not the most elaborate composition but music nontheless) and its actually quite fun to play Razz
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/424/42486.html
Kerm and MateoConLechuga: How good is the audio output of mobileTunes 3 CSE? Is it just like the song converted for the program, or is it kind of weird sounding but close enough to the original?

And Kerm, I will take a video of that third bug report soon. By the way, what build number is Graph3DC on right now?

Edit:
MateoConLechuga wrote:
No; Axe does however. It unfortunately wouldn't be able to work like that, since processor instructions have to play the song, which would be too much load, even with innterupts. It could play, but it would cause a slowdown everywhere else.

Readroof, Kerm and I are exchanging source back and forth for now; and there are many ways to work together on projects, such as GitHub.

I saw a link in the SAX a long time ago for a Youtube video that was a calculator (I think a TI-84/83) playing some good quality music and graphics at the same time. It was called Bad Apple. Was that in Axe?
readroof2 wrote:
Kerm and MateoConLechuga: How good is the audio output of mobileTunes 3 CSE? Is it just like the song converted for the program, or is it kind of weird sounding but close enough to the original?

And Kerm, I will take a video of that third bug report soon. By the way, what build number is Graph3DC on right now?

Edit:
MateoConLechuga wrote:

I saw a link in the SAX a long time ago for a Youtube video that was a calculator (I think a TI-84/83) playing some good quality music and graphics at the same time. It was called Bad Apple. Was that in Axe?

Code:
"03E1,03g1,03G1,03A1,06B1,03E2,03D2,06B1,06E1,03B1,03A1,03G1,03g1,03E1,03g1,03G1,03A1,06B1,03A1,03G1,03g1,03E1,03g1,03G1,03g1,03E1,03e1,03g1,03E1,03g1,03G1,03A1,06B1,03E2,03D2,03B1,06E1,06B1,03A1,03G1,03g1,03E1,03g1,03G1,03A1,03B1,06A1,03G1,03g1,03G1,03A1,06B1,03E1,03g1,03G1,03A1,06B1,03E2,03D2,06B1,06E1,03B1,03A1,03G1,03g1,03E1,03g1,03G1,03A1,06B1,03A1,03G1,03g1,03E1,03g1,03G1,03g1,03E1,03e1,03g1,03E1,03g1,03G1,03A1,06B1,03E2,03D2,03B1,06E1,06B1,03A1,03G1,03g1,03E1,03g1,03G1,03A1,03B1,06A1,03G1,03g1,03G1,03A1,06B1,03D2,03E2,03B1,03A1,06B1,03A1,03B1,03D2,03E2,03B1,03A1,06B1,03A1,03B1,03A1,03G1,03g1,03D1,06E1,03D1,03E1,03g1,03G1,03A1,03B1,03E1,03B1,03D2,03D2,03E2,03B1,03A1,06B1,03A1,03B1,03D2,03E2,03B1,03A1,06B1,03A1,03B1,03A1,03G1,03g1,03D1,06E1,03D1,03E1,03g1,03G1,03A1,03B1,03E1,03B1,03D2"
Asm(prgmNOTEMAN)

Here was my Bad apple that I had made for Noteman, not really comparable to the fancy one with the vid and stuff Razz
mr womp womp: I tried it out and it works well, but what if I want to make a song with custom wavelengths? Is there some kind of converter for mp4 to the wavelengths so I could just copy and paste into a TI-Basic program?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours