Oh yeah, this thing. I should see how much work it would be to try this on the CE... Since I can activate 1bpp mode, I imagine that I could get some nice results. The speed would be far greater. Could be an interesting idea...
I was just wondering the same thing Very Happy
chickendude wrote:
I was just wondering the same thing Very Happy

Well, I finally went and did it. Smile I opted for 8bpp mode in order to have faster updates when enlarging the screen, and here are the results:
(NOTE: I could also probably enlarge the screen again and still get decent results) In 1bpp mode; it was crazy fast, but no where near the amount of pixels to look at comfortably.

Compared to the original:

Here is just the screen update code; I also copy the program to safeRAM and jump there so that way I can use proper z80 mode if needed. Kind of fun, I guess. You could even probably attempt grayscale, as it has a color index, so that might be kind of neat. Going to see how fast it goes in Mario now. Razz If you notice any optimizations, feel free to mention them! Smile

Code:
;------------------------------------------------------------------
; CE_UpdateScreen
; Replaces iFastcopy and others
;------------------------------------------------------------------
CE_UpdateScreen:
 ld ix,gbuf
 ld hl,vRAM+64+(56*320)

ld b,64
_loop:
 push bc
  ld b,12
_double:
  push hl
_line:
   ld e,(ix)
   inc ix

xor a
   sla e
   adc a,a
   ld (hl),a
   inc hl
   ld (hl),a
   inc hl
   xor a
   sla e
   adc a,a
   ld (hl),a
   inc hl
   ld (hl),a
   inc hl
   xor a
   sla e
   adc a,a
   ld (hl),a
   inc hl
   ld (hl),a
   inc hl
   xor a
   sla e
   adc a,a
   ld (hl),a
   inc hl
   ld (hl),a
   inc hl
   xor a
   sla e
   adc a,a
   ld (hl),a
   inc hl
   ld (hl),a
   inc hl
   xor a
   sla e
   adc a,a
   ld (hl),a
   inc hl
   ld (hl),a
   inc hl
   xor a
   sla e
   adc a,a
   ld (hl),a
   inc hl
   ld (hl),a
   inc hl
   xor a
   sla e
   adc a,a
   ld (hl),a
   inc hl
   ld (hl),a
   inc hl

djnz _line
   ld de,128
   add hl,de
   ex de,hl
  pop hl
  ld bc,12*8*2
  ldir
  ld hl,128
  add hl,de
 pop bc
 djnz _loop
 ret

Here's the full source and program: [DOWNLOAD]
That looks very good! I wonder how well Supersonic Ball will play?

MateoConLecuga: Will the Mario game you are trying out using this be an actual game for the CSE to download?
DJ_O wrote:
That looks very good! I wonder how well Supersonic Ball will play?

It'd be impossible to get SSB working with mono2color because it was written with Axe, not in straight assembly.
readroof2 wrote:
MateoConLecuga: Will the Mario game you are trying out using this be an actual game for the CSE to download?

For the CSE, yes:

Quote:
Nice! That is an impressive concept; I might try to see if interlacing can be taken advantage of in some more ways... In addition, I had to relocate some sections of code for this program as it would not work on an actual calculator due to the $C000 limit. Anywho, here's the updated file if anyone wants to play around with it some more; should be working quite nicely! (Also, ionDetect also includes AppVars now, simple fix, so now you can use JamesV's converter to make all the level packs AppVars in case you don't want all the programs populating the screen.) Smile

[Download]

Also, I am not sure how these programs should be released; I believe that efforts to email the original creator are a definite must.

For the CE, not for a while. I'm a little out of commission at the moment, but I'm sure that someone can adapt it to work. The foundation is already there.
Thanks for that Mario game!

What does prgmSMALL do?
Please don't double post,there is an edit button in the topc right corner of each of your posts.

SMALL is super mario land levels, if I am not mistaken. Wink
When will a download be available?
exaphaser wrote:
When will a download be available?

A download for Mario? There is one available here
Wow this is really cool! I wonder how exactly do you port a ti-83/84 plus assembly program to work on the ti-84 cse?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 5 of 5
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours