Hitechcomputergeek wrote:
Hey, if you're done with the model, could I please have the .sldprt and .stl? I think I'm going to 3D print a case for my calculator, as the original one that came with it disappeared.
I am indeed debating posting the .STL when I publish my article about the design process that went into this. I'm just concerned about people removing the Cemetech logo and taking credit for the work, but Jonimus told me not to worry about it.
KermMartian wrote:
Hitechcomputergeek wrote:
Hey, if you're done with the model, could I please have the .sldprt and .stl? I think I'm going to 3D print a case for my calculator, as the original one that came with it disappeared.
I am indeed debating posting the .STL when I publish my article about the design process that went into this. I'm just concerned about people removing the Cemetech logo and taking credit for the work, but Jonimus told me not to worry about it.

Would there be a way to make the file Read-Only? Or maybe a hidden logo as well as the main one?
Please release this eventually, I'm getting sick of seeing ln((8log(log(55...0→ln(→→→ on the screen whenever I turn the calculator on, and I might just end up buying another case from the internet.

I actually was going to change the Cemetech logo to something else, but if anyone asks me, I won't take any credit for making the case. Is that okay with you, Kerm?
shane wrote:
Hi Kerm! I'm working on a bluetooth calculator project using your ArTICL library. It looks like you have perfected this case design. I have been following this project and admire the work and detail you guys have devoted to it. I was wondering I could possibly commission a case from you. I basically need a case with the back stretched out an inch or two, enough to fit the smallest arduino I can use, a bluetooth module, and maybe some batteries. I'd be more than willing to pay you for your work and time. If you're interested please shoot me a price. Thanks!
Thanks for the interest! First, let me make sure that it's clear I modeled the slide case for this project, rather than the body of the calculator. Can you tell me a little more about the project that you're working on? I certainly like the idea of exploring a custom-printed case for the calculator itself.
KermMartian wrote:
shane wrote:
Hi Kerm! I'm working on a bluetooth calculator project using your ArTICL library. It looks like you have perfected this case design. I have been following this project and admire the work and detail you guys have devoted to it. I was wondering I could possibly commission a case from you. I basically need a case with the back stretched out an inch or two, enough to fit the smallest arduino I can use, a bluetooth module, and maybe some batteries. I'd be more than willing to pay you for your work and time. If you're interested please shoot me a price. Thanks!
Thanks for the interest! First, let me make sure that it's clear I modeled the slide case for this project, rather than the body of the calculator. Can you tell me a little more about the project that you're working on? I certainly like the idea of exploring a custom-printed case for the calculator itself.

Oh no, sorry for not specifying. I am interested in a slide cover. By 'extending the back' I meant when you put the slide on the back there is room in between for the arduino and bluetooth module.
Got it, that makes sense. Adding an extra compartment on the back of the slide case that I've already designed is not a big deal; the hard part would be supporting the case while it was printed. Rgardless of which side was printed up, you'd need a lot of supports underneath the case, either on the concave side of it if printed outside up, or around the Arduino compartment when printed inside up.
Would it be possible to print it so that the case's top edge (where the USB/IO ports would be near if it was on a calculator) would be facing down on the tray? You'd need a pretty tall 3D printer, but the bridges would be much easier for it to print.

Edit: Sorry, but it's too late. I don't have my own 3D printer, and seeing as today is Friday and the last day of school is Tuesday, I don't think I will have the opportunity to 3D print the case, and I'll have to buy one over the summer.
This may be something that you're looking for.
APH's Orion TI-84+ Slide Cover
You'd have to repaint it, but that would be easy to spray paint.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours