Haobo, I'm not sure if this is meant to run on the 83+ SE, but when you quit the game, it just shows a blank screen and you have to reset the calc to use it again.
Very nice and gorgeous game. I have to say though, making DCS necessary to run it makes it impossible to run on the TI-83+ BE, since it has 160 kb of archive and the game + DCS take up 172 kb. You should make it able to run with just Ion or MirageOS.
You know what'd be really great? If image compression.

...just throwing out ideas.

Seriously, though, this game is very neat. My friends at school will love it, they're OBSESSED with that game.
For some reason, the game freezes at the Night 1 screen. Clear ends the game. Any suggestions?
annoyingcalc wrote:
Have you considered adding an option for sound?
Also, how to I adjust the brightness after setting it the first time?

I have been considering it, however, there would be no actual sound because grayscale interrupts takes up too much processing, and the sound would just be extremely choppy and high toned. I have been working on adding text to display the actual storyline and screen shaking to signal the approaching animatronics. Also, I forgot about the brightness changing Razz. Right now, you can just delete the appvar called GS, but next update, hopefully end of this week, will include it as part of a settings option.

Unicorn wrote:
Haobo, I'm not sure if this is meant to run on the 83+ SE, but when you quit the game, it just shows a blank screen and you have to reset the calc to use it again.

I didn't have any problem running on the TI 84+, but that's the only calculator I have anyway Sad , so if you could post a screenshot showing the problem, I will try to fix it. Garbage collecting may fix it?

matrefeytontias wrote:
Very nice and gorgeous game. I have to say though, making DCS necessary to run it makes it impossible to run on the TI-83+ BE, since it has 160 kb of archive and the game + DCS take up 172 kb. You should make it able to run with just Ion or MirageOS.
Thanks and in the next update, I will include all the types of files that the Axe would allow.

JWinslow23 wrote:
Truly, I would LOVE image compression. However, I could never find a small enough image compressor to include. If I could get one Rolling Eyes I could possibly make it take up less space.

Eightx84 wrote:
For some reason, the game freezes at the Night 1 screen. Clear ends the game. Any suggestions?
This problem may be the same one that Unicorn has. Or maybe not.
When testing the program, I often had to garbage collect extremely often, but I didn't know whether to attribute that to compiling or running the program. The issue may be to just garbage collect more often.
The program needs to unarchive/archive 2 times, 1 time at the start, 1 at the end. Also, it reads archived files about a million times throughout the program, practically every single image change and every time a button is pushed. This may be a problem for running these programs repeatedly without garbage collecting. Is this a problem that comes out after a long time of using the calculator or just one that happens even after a recent garbage collect?

Also, if anyone could link me to the axiom for image scaling, very appreciated! Very Happy
Haobo wrote:
[...]

JWinslow23 wrote:
Truly, I would LOVE image compression. However, I could never find a small enough image compressor to include. If I could get one Rolling Eyes I could possibly make it take up less space.

[...]

I'm going to drop this here since maybe this will help: http://www.omnimaga.org/the-axe-parser-project/%28axiom%29-pucrunch-decompression-and-tools/
Now TI-Connect isn't detecting my calculator!

I can't wait to find a Wi-Fi-enabled programmable graphing calculator!
Eightx84, actually that is possible. I could buy a dspXXX and hook it up to the calcs interface. then it could send at commands and browse the web or you could download stuff to it
Muessigb wrote:
Eightx84, actually that is possible. I could buy a dspXXX and hook it up to the calcs interface. then it could send at commands and browse the web or you could download stuff to it

I mean like a smartcalculator Very Happy

Well I'll try again at home
Eightx84 wrote:
Muessigb wrote:

Yeah exactly. These dsp chips have builtin wifi and a mcu. You could easily program them to speak the calcs io port protocoll and then you could hook the calc up to wifi using a 3$ chip and half of a 2.5" audio cable.
Muessigb wrote:
Eightx84 wrote:
Muessigb wrote:

Yeah exactly. These dsp chips have builtin wifi and a mcu. You could easily program them to speak the calcs io port protocoll and then you could hook the calc up to wifi using a 3$ chip and half of a 2.5" audio cable.

All I need now is a 720p display! Very Happy And downloadable Apps!∠
Uploaded the next, and possibly last, update to the game. Added a bunch of features, made the animatronics easier to detect, tutorial screen, and lots of other stuff.
Still need to make Freddy hallucinations, that may be the last thing I will add. Another thing may be text speed changes so it seems more like regular speech, but that takes a lot of work, unless there's an auto text thing to vary speed.
Still probably can't play it on the TI 83+BE, unless using a complete overhaul of the file system to reduce size, which is also the reason decompression is hard to implement after all this.
Either way, was planning to work on a different project after this, unless anyone wants to help me finish this.
It seems that after 45 GarbageCollects, the game still gets stuck at Night 1. I could use an emulator, though.
If you can post a picture or video of it crashing, would be helpful if I do update it. Never had that similar problem before, no matter how many times I ran the program though. Well, if it doesn't work, I guess, sorry? Sad
It's still an amazing game!
Hiya, this looks really impressive. I unfortunately haven't gotten time to try it yet, but I'll try to find some time later.

Do you use the clock by the way? This could be why the game won't work on the TI-83 Plus Silver Edition (which lacks a clock feature).
DJ_O wrote:

Do you use the clock by the way? This could be why the game won't work on the TI-83 Plus Silver Edition (which lacks a clock feature).

It works on mine, it is only the saving/quitting that gets bugged up.
I tried testing it on what I have and on an emulator, didn't have any problems with saving or whatever. I need screenshots of the problems!

Oh, and I only used interrupts for the grayscale, would that count as a clock?
Haobo wrote:
If you can post a picture or video of it crashing, would be helpful if I do update it. Never had that similar problem before, no matter how many times I ran the program though. Well, if it doesn't work, I guess, sorry? Sad

It basically stays at Night 1. Pressing buttons does nothing. Clear exits the game fine, though.
Which calculator are you using?
Also, I provided a stripped down version of the game, there's no menu, so it should just start you off at night 1. If there's no immediate problems with the stripped version, try downloading the new version of FNAF I have in the archives, if it was an old version anyway.
Test File
Also, if there is problems, then maybe the calculator you have doesn't support the game Sad. Or try an emulator?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 4
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours