Would you like Magic the Gathering card game on your calculator?
Yes
 72%  [ 8 ]
No
 27%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 11

Thanks, chickendude!
No problem, if you've got any other questions ask away Smile
Sorry for the necropost, but I need to figure out how to get a number in a list stored to a string variable. Anyone have any ideas?
caleb1997 wrote:
Sorry for the necropost, but I need to figure out how to get a number in a list stored to a string variable. Anyone have any ideas?

It's not simple, but here are two ways:
http://tibasicdev.wikidot.com/number-to-string
http://tibasicdev.wikidot.com/number-to-string2 (I prefer this one because it doesn't use up as many variables, although it does take longer)
Thanks!
*SuperNecroBump*

Sooo.... Since it's been a while, I think that I'm ready to take on the behemoth of a project once more (and learn Asm for the CE.). First, I need to create a database of MTG cards.

I will be using the Gatherer, which is a (almost) complete database.

I have (relatively) 3 simple steps:

• Create something that GlobalCalcNet can access
  • Create a program that can link to said server/webpage so you can download what cards you want
  • Create the program using ASM

Question 1 of many:

Kerm, how would I go about creating a server/database, something that Calcnet can access? Would I need to host it on something? Or could I get away with creating a website to store all of it on?Is it ok that I'm scared of Asm? Cause I think I am.

EDIT: Does the webpage that the program will access have to written a certain way? It would make sense if it had to be written a certain way, but I don't even know where to start.

About the database, I have something that could simplify it.

For each card, I will generate a serial number. It'll be something like this:

Example card: Magosi Sphinx

The first few digits will be the name. In this case, each letter will become what place it is in the alphabet, like a would be 1, b would be 2, and so on, like so. (The x represents a space)

141715199x1916891424

The next few digits would be abilities, in this order:

Code:
Deathtouch
Defender
Double Strike
Enchant
Equip
First Strike
Flash
Flying
Haste
Hexproof
Indestructible
Intimidate
Landwalk
Lifelink
Protection
Reach
Shroud
Trample
Vigilance
Banding
Rampage
Cumulative Upkeep
Flanking
Phasing
Buyback
Shadow
Cycling
Echo
Horsemanship
Fading
Kicker
Flashback
Madness
Fear
Morph
Amplify
Provoke
Storm
Affinity
Entwine
Modular
Sunburst
Bushido
Soulshift
Splice
Offering
Ninjutsu
Epic
Convoke
Dredge
Transmute
Bloodthirst
Haunt
Replicate
Forecast
Graft
Recover
Ripple
Split Second
Suspend
Vanishing
Absorb
Aura Swap
Delve
Fortify
Frenzy
Gravestorm
Poisonous
Transfigure
Champion
Changeling
Evoke
Hideaway
Prowl
Reinforce
Conspire
Persist
Wither
Retrace
Devour
Exalted
Unearth
Cascade
Annihilator
Level Up
Rebound
Totem Armor
Infect
Battle Cry
Living Weapon
Undying
Miracle
Soulbond
Overload
Scavenge
Unleash
Cipher
Evolve
 Extort
Fuse
Bestow
Tribute
Dethrone
Hidden Agenda
Outlast
Prowess
Dash
Exploit
Menace
Renown
Awaken
Devoid
Ingest
Myriad
Surge
Skulk
Emerge
Escalate
Melee
Crew
Fabricate
Partner
Undaunted
Improvise
Aftermath
Embalm

Now obviously, I can;t do every single one of these abiliteis. That would take way too long, and I would never get it done. I will, however, do the abilites that I know. Which is most of this list. It will be a serial number; if it has the ability, there will be a 1 in that spot, and if not, a zero. Basically binary.

What I am thinking of doing is making data packs, like one would contain all of the basic abilities, such as trample, deathtouch, first strike, double strike, etc. ,and have people download that to play with. This way, you aren't downloading massive appvars to your calculator and taking all of your RAM/Arc up. If you want to have more abilities, download more packs.

What is your opinion? What abilities should be in the first pack, so I can start working on those?

EDIT: I will be making serial numbers for the cards in Standard right now. Only about 1716 cards that I have to do. Yay.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours