This is a project I've been wanting to make for a couple years, and I just started.

I guess the best way to describe it would be a clock that runs apps. It runs on an Arduino Uno, uses a 2 line, 16 character alphanumeric LCD, and has 3 buttons for input (Scroll, Accept, and Exit).

Here are some pictures:

Here's the device itself.

Here's the main menu.

Here's the clock. (It's not set yet!)

Here's the stopwatch. It's really simple. Scroll starts/stops, and Accept resets.

App support isn't implemented yet, so I can't show any pictures of that!

Here's the settings menu. All of the options actually work here!

Here's how to set the time. Scroll changes the number, and Accept continues to next field.

Here's how to set the date. The controls are the same as setting the time.

The System Info screen only shows version number. When app support is implemented, it will show free memory.
Ooh, very nice work! Smile Are you using any external libraries to control the LCD, or are you doing it manually?
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Ooh, very nice work! Smile Are you using any external libraries to control the LCD, or are you doing it manually?

I'm using the LiquidCrystal library that came with the IDE.
Spyro543 wrote:
MateoConLechuga wrote:

I'm using the LiquidCrystal library that came with the IDE.

Very nice! Smile Good luck making the apps!
MateoConLechuga wrote:

Very nice! Smile Good luck making the apps!

I'm thinking of making a tiny programming language (think brainf**k + assembly) for this device for programming apps.
I fixed some stuff! AM/PM displaying was off. (Hour 0 would be 1 AM instead of 12 AM.) I also added leap year support. It seems like most everything is done, except for app support.
Spyro543 wrote:
I fixed some stuff! AM/PM displaying was off. (Hour 0 would be 1 AM instead of 12 AM.) I also added leap year support. It seems like most everything is done, except for app support.
Please remember that double-posting is frowned upon at Cemetech: instead, we ask that you edit your post. On a lighter note, great work so far! I'm curious if you're planning to use some kind of RTC module for loading and storing the time so that your clock can be more accurate and you won't need to keep the Arduino powered all the time.
KermMartian wrote:
Please remember that double-posting is frowned upon at Cemetech...

Sorry about that. I wasn't sure if it was like Omnimaga, where double posts for project updates are ok.

KermMartian wrote:
I'm curious if you're planning to use some kind of RTC module for loading and storing the time so that your clock can be more accurate and you won't need to keep the Arduino powered all the time.

I may want to do that later, especially if the Arduino goes through batteries quickly.
Wow. The most I ever did was make an LED blink.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours