I really need to be able to pull up my emulator on my iPad. The link that says it will encode my ROM file as a jpeg doesn't work

Help
update: I can get it to my iPad, but upon loading the jpg file I get the following 2 messages:

Error: QuotaExceededError: DOM Exception #22
Failed to save state to DOM storage (Error 3). Try a different browser.

I've tried safari and chrome
Which version of iOS are you running?
iOS 8.1.2
mrsearly wrote:
iOS 8.1.2
Can you please click the Run Web Storage Tests button on this page on your device and tell me what number it yields?

http://dev-test.nemikor.com/web-storage/support-test/
Web Storage Support Test

This page will test whether your browser supports localStorage, sessionStorage or globalStorage.

The tests will also determine if there is a storage limit for any storage system that is supported.

Run Web Storage Tests
localStorage: limited to 2551 k characters
sessionStorage: unlimited storage
globalStorage: not supported
These tests may take several minutes to run.
There may be periods when the tests seem frozen (especially in Firefox); they're not.
Your browser may pause the tests if the window becomes inactive.
A dialog will appear to inform you when the tests have completed.
Results from previous test runs
These tests determine how many characters can be stored. Many developers assume that one character equals one byte, but this is not a safe assumption. Strings in JavaScript are UTF-16, so each character requires two bytes of memory. This means that while many browsers have a 5 MB limit, you can only store 2.5 M characters. Browsers are free to store the data on disk however they want, so measuring actual bytes isn't possible. Developers will generally only care how many characters they can store anyway, since that's what they can measure in their apps.
Browserscope thinks you are using Mobile Safari 8.0

Thank You
close
Your results have been saved.
And what does all that jargon mean?
mrsearly wrote:
localStorage: limited to 2551 k characters
sessionStorage: unlimited storage
globalStorage: not supported
Thank you, this was the important part. One final question: is it accurate to surmise that you're trying to emulate a TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition?
I got my ROM from a TI 84 plus silver edition

Edit: incorrect, my ROM came from TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition.
mrsearly wrote:
I got my ROM from a TI 84 plus silver edition

Edit: incorrect, my ROM came from TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition.
Thank you, that's what I needed to know. I will experiment with compression for storing the ROM in DOM storage, which should alleviate this issue. I'll update this topic with any progress I'm able to make.
*bump* Mrsealy, I have made significant upgrades to how jsTIfied stores state. Please try to use jsTIfied again on your iPad, and let me know if it works. Thanks!

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours