N.E.U.P.L.: New Experiments in Uninteresting Programming Language(s).

Interpreter Here

Docs Here

NEUPL is a simple stack-based language. Check the docs for more info :evil:
I'm nearly 100% sure it's not Turing Complete, unless there is some form of bug with the language.

Interesting NEUPL code snippets:
Quote:
"Hello, world!": !<d<l<r<o<w< ,<o<l<l<e<H<lp
"hi", but it's really overcomplicated (kudos to you if you can understand it): i<<h<<l<<p<i<p<l<pie
"Hello, _iPhoenix_" (demonstrates command insertion and printing newlines with an empty stack and lp): lp,<o<l<l<e<H<l<pip_<pi<x<i<n<e<o<h<P<i<_<l<piplp

There are some notable bugs, particularly with the execution of commands from the stack. I think I know why, but I'll take some time to fix. Fixed as of 2/6/2018, but I'm adding cool new features before I make it live. (It's live)

Additionally, I want to be able to manipulate the stack in other ways, like flipping it (EDIT: done), changing ASCII values of characters in the stack, and more.

The goal of this programming language is ,<r<a<e<l<c<n<U<lp.<w<o<n< <r<o<f<lp (Unclear, for now.)

Just note that more commands are coming, and this is slightly buggy, so don't worry too much if something isn't working.
And yes, I'll continue to work on UniChat. This is just a small excursion from that.

To-Do list:

• Program flipping?!
  • Stack insertion. (?)
  • Stack replacement. (?)

I'm not fully sure how I will implement adding numbers. The current method of taking arguments is not exactly suited for this.
Tries it out and it looks cool! Smile Keep up the good work!
Legoman314 wrote:
Tries it out and it looks cool! Smile Keep up the good work!

Thanks! I updated the docs, so there is even more awesomness you can try out Smile

This one script basically shows the changes.
"Hello, world!"rslp
1: Sequentially push each character inside of the string "Hello, world" to the stack.
2: Reverse the stack.
3: Print the stack.
More changes:

• Implicit printing, if you haven't printed any characters in your program, the stack is printed at the end of execution.
  • A new argument for L (loop through stack) and P (pop a character off of stack), N, which says to do nothing, but clears the stack or removes a character from the end, respectively.
  • When pushing to the stack, case is now preserved.
  • NEUPL programs can now accept input. Input is reversed, and sequentially pushed to the stack. (for ease of use)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours