How do you use sto> in your program in sourcecoder3? I don't see the option in the menus
You use this: ->
thanks
Just a note, be careful when using other code.
I was using some source code for a menu once and it used actual arrow symbols and I kept getting Errors, it drove me crazy until I realized the problem.
I Find that it doesn't work and returns an error, which makes you unable to export code. The code that I'm trying to add a sto to is this:

prgmCLEAR
(√(A^2+B^2)) [->] C
Line(7,7,7,-7)
Line(7,7,-7,-7)
Text(26,35,C)
Text(55,50,A)
Text(32,85,B)
Text(45,27,tan^-1(B/A))
Text(20,72,tan^-1(A/B))
Text(45,72,"90")
Line(7,-7,-7,-7)
Pause
Return

I need to store (√(A^2+B^2)) as C, but it won't let me. I am using a TI-84 Plus and the TI Basic Language. Is there a workaround where i can change it later in the calc?

Note: This [|>] also doesn't work.
If you see the above posts, you would type

(√(A^2+B^2)) -> C
I have tried using ->, it still does not work.
its not -> thats the problem, change the ^2 to ^^2.
All tokens are searchable on the right side of Scourcecoder. For each token, it will show you what to type. Alternatively, you can click on it to insert the token into your program.
-> should result in the STO character. It will still look like that in the text editor. However, when the program is transfered to the calculator, it will be read as →. Make sure that there are no extra spaces anywhere.
Haobo wrote:
its not -> thats the problem, change the ^2 to ^^2.
I'm perplexed, I didn't realize ^^2 was valid, could someone elaborate?
The ^^2 is in the commands for squared, I don't know if that was the problem or not, but the -> seemed right so maybe it was something else making the error.
justinwzig's code does have an error on line one. However, it is not an issue with the ->. Scourcecoder can't accept the "pretty print" √. Instead, sqrt( represents the token.
Here is code that works:

Code:
sqrt(A^2+B^2)->C
Line(7,7,7,-7)
Line(7,7,-7,-7)
Text(26,35,C)
Text(55,50,A)
Text(32,85,B)
Text(45,27,tan^-1(B/A))
Text(20,72,tan^-1(A/B))
Text(45,72,"90")
Line(7,-7,-7,-7)
Pause
Return

In Scourcecoder, ^^2 represents the square symbol. ^2 is exactly what it is on the calculator.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours