I'm thinking of making a TI-Basic Tutorial that covers the TI-83 Plus\SE\TI-84 Plus\SE\CSE and making it cross-compatible. I'm planning on having my TI-Basic tutorial with quizzes at the end. Also, I'm planning on having Projects in the tutorial. And, the TI-Basic tutorial would also have screenshots of the output on the calculator (probably animated GIFs). I'm hoping that my upcoming TI-Basic tutorial would be the best TI-Basic tutorial around.
What a great idea! I hope that you'll work hard to learn TI-BASIC so that when you become sufficiently advanced to write a clear, easy-to-understand TI-BASIC tutorial, it will be the best it can be. In the meantime, since I channeled ten years of rigorous TI-BASIC experience and professional book development into it, I recommend "Programming the TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus" as a solid TI-BASIC tutorial and resource. Good luck on this project when you eventually work on it.

PS. - Just a note, "" is a backslash. What you meant to use there is a forward slash, or "/". Cheers!
I dunno, Kerm's book is pretty good. Smile Good luck with this.
gaventemples31415 wrote:
I dunno, Kerm's book is pretty good. Smile Good luck with this.

KermM's book lacks quizzes and Projects and is a little out of order. Mine should include all that and make use of digital with Animated GIFs.
I have one question: Where would you get your information from?
I know TI-Basic well enough to write the tutorial. If I get stuck on something, I might look at KermM's book, other tutorials, and tibasicdev website.
Just be sure not to copy other peoples work, and to give credit where credit is due.
I'm currently making a TI-BASIC guide on the calculator that covers all the important stuff. It's bacically just for those who would like to have that around whenever they are programming. I just finished making the chapter selection menu and now it scrolls. It would be nice to see your tutorial and maybe take some ideas from there. of course, i would have to give you credit but that would be fine.
Ephraim B wrote:
.... I might look at KermM's book, other tutorials, and tibasicdev website.

Just realize that these tutorials and websites were designed with this specific goal in mind. There are so many tutorials out there; how would yours stand out above the rest? Many include projects and quizzes, and TIBasicDev already has gifs of all the commands.
It would be nice to have a free BASIC reference guide next to me when I program. I sometimes have questions about BASIC, but I don't have internet to solve them.
Unicorn wrote:
It would be nice to have a free BASIC reference guide next to me when I program. I sometimes have questions about BASIC, but I don't have internet to solve them.

This topic is about a TI-Basic Tutorial, not a TI-Basic Reference. My Tutorials will be a lot of pages and my References will be made to fit on a single piece of paper.
I'm fairly sure the best way to go about doing this would be to make the catalog usable and release a tutorial alongside it. KermM would probably be able to add this to Doors as some major update, but I doubt he would.
ByteStorm wrote:
I'm fairly sure the best way to go about doing this would be to make the catalog usable and release a tutorial alongside it. KermM would probably be able to add this to Doors as some major update, but I doubt he would.

What catalog?
Ephraim B wrote:
Unicorn wrote:

This topic is about a TI-Basic Tutorial, not a TI-Basic Reference. My Tutorials will be a lot of pages and my References will be made to fit on a single piece of paper.

Sorry, I meant that I would use a tutorial as a reference to commands I didn't really understand. I have done that in the past but the tutorials weren't real good.
Ephraim B wrote:
ByteStorm wrote:

What catalog?

The one on the calculator that displays all of the syntax in one list.
I'm fairly sure it's accessed by pressing 2nd then 0. either way, it does not
attempt to explain any of the commands. This is frustrating as an on calc programmer because I can't memorize everything.
Albeit I am getting better though.

EDIT: I realize that this might seem like a reference but there would
probably be a way to add some kind of tutorial.
ByteStorm wrote:
Ephraim B wrote:
ByteStorm wrote:

What catalog?

attempt to explain any of the commands. This is frustrating as an on calc programmer because I can't memorize everything. Albeit I am getting better though.

Maybe someone should make a 3rd party Catalog help App
Ephraim B wrote:
ByteStorm wrote:
Ephraim B wrote:
ByteStorm wrote:

What catalog?

attempt to explain any of the commands. This is frustrating as an on calc programmer because I can't memorize everything. Albeit I am getting better though.

That could be you! Smile
You mean, going into the catalog and hitting the + key? That's a thing, you know, on the CSE, and they already have an app for that on the monochrome.
ByteStorm wrote:
Ephraim B wrote:
ByteStorm wrote:
Ephraim B wrote:
ByteStorm wrote:

What catalog?

That could be you! Smile

If i'm struggling on making WizardC8 in ASM, making an App is harder. There's no way it could be me.
tifreak8x wrote:
You mean, going into the catalog and hitting the + key? That's a thing, you know, on the CSE, and they already have an app for that on the monochrome.

can you link me to that then? I had no clue it existed already.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours