Umm.... okay. What about all the others?

And this looks pretty good for understanding the different z80 commands:
Runer112 wrote:
http://www.z80.info/z80href.txt. Very similar to the above reference, but lacking opcode size, structure, and speed information. I included this mainly because the aboce one doesn't abstract over registers, so you can end up with four or eight basically identical versions of many instructions, making it unnecessarily long.[/list]
I'm starting to make the z80 reference sheet tomorrow in Microsoft Word. Subject to change if my Mother wakes me up or I'm not on time to the bus.
Sure, why not. If you think it will help you, go for it. Smile
KermMartian wrote:
The exact behavior of microcode-ish commands like cpir and indir tend to escape my memory, so I'll definitely take a look at this as a resource.
What exactly is indir? I've never heard of it before...

Runer112 wrote:
  • http://t.eeems.ca/ASMin28Days/ref/z80is.html: The opcode reference built into the Z80 Assembly in 28 Days tutorial. Gives detailed explanations of how each instruction works, including documentation of irregular flag effects and machine code decomposition. Probably not very printer-friendly, but browser-friendly.
This is what i personally use when double checking flags and t-states. I like how the instructions are organized by function (math, bit operations, etc.).
I loved that chart of Registers in Chapter 12 of "Programming the ti 83\84 plus". I want to know if I could include it in my reference sheet and if I can, I want to know how I'm able to do it.
chickendude wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
The exact behavior of microcode-ish commands like cpir and indir tend to escape my memory, so I'll definitely take a look at this as a resource.
What exactly is indir? I've never heard of it before...
It's what happens when I don't proofread my posts sufficiently. "indr" is the instruction I was trying to mention, or "in, decrement, and repeat". To be honest, noticing it in that ClrHome.org chart was the first time I was aware it existed; I only knew of otir for in/out+repeating opcodes.
Ah, i've heard of inir/otir, though i don't tend to touch the ports much apart from direct input and interacting with the LCD. cpir is really useful though and is something that for some reason isn't really mentioned in tutorials. I think the updated 28 Days guide could use a small section on it.
The Decimal to Binary conversion chart from HotDog's tutorial will for sure be in there.
Ephraim B wrote:
The Decimal to Binary conversion chart from HotDog's tutorial will for sure be in there.

You might also want to consider adding a hexadecimal conversion chart as well, to help you get the hang of things. Smile
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Ephraim B wrote:

You might also want to consider adding a hexadecimal conversion chart as well, to help you get the hang of things. Smile

Thank you! I'll add that also.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours