Have you played Trapped before?
Yes
 11%  [ 1 ]
No
 77%  [ 7 ]
Unsure/Don't remember
 11%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 9

Hey all! It's been quite a while since I've shown myself here or completed any projects, and lately I've been toying around with ideas for a new project.

Trapped by Alex Marcolina/builderboy for the monochrome TI-8[3/4] Plus/SE calculators has been one of my favorite games during the years, and I'm planning on making a newer version of it for the TI-84 Plus CE using the Celtic CE library.

Some screenshots of the game:

The Download

What I'm planning to do is remaking the game, and adding fun things to the game. For example I am toying around with some sort of achievements/badge system, difficulty modes, records, color text and whatnot. I am also toying around with the idea of sprites instead of ASCII text, but not entirely sure how that would affect performance. I'm planning to add some sort of save data protection, so users are unable to edit their save data, but I'm not entirely sure of which type of protection to use. Substitution cipher could be an option for normal users, but power users could easily circumvent that. If any of you have ideas on what I could use be sure to let me know, I'm fully open to ideas and suggestions on what to do for this game, as I want Trapped CE to be decent release when it is completed.
I converted all of the Celtic II commands to Celtic CE ones and made the map display correctly (not trying to steal your project). I also noticed that the map was slightly messed up (8 characters were missing) and the collision wasn't working. The SC link
pi644721 wrote:
I converted all of the Celtic II commands to Celtic CE ones and made the map display correctly (not trying to steal your project). I also noticed that the map was slightly messed up (8 characters were missing) and the collision wasn't working. The SC link

I believe it uses some Pxl-Test( commands which the game was made for monochrome, and since this is running on the CE it won't work correctly.

I know what I can do to fix everything, but that requires me re-writing the whole thing from scratch but I'm fine with that
After working on the level editor and debugging all day, I have finished the editor.
The program is fully capable of editing any Trapped levels, with an easy to use GUI.

For those of you who would like to try it, feel free to download it in the Programs directory in the Google Drive folder. Very Happy

Other files and such in the folder I am using for development, (Other documents have proprietary information about the game I'm not sharing! Wink)

Let me know what you think! I've worked on it for hours and I feel like the editor is finished. On to the main game!

EDIT: Almost forgot, the keys used in the Map Editor:

y= SAVE
window= COPY
zoom= PASTE
trace= UNDO
graph= REDO
2nd/enter=add selected tile to map
mode=save map changes and quit editor
del=delete selecte tile on map
alpha=change the current room being edited, arrow keys and then 2nd/enter when you're done
X,T,θ,𝘯=previous tile
stat=next tile

When editing information about the level (the screen after once you hit SAVE in the map editor), use the arrow keys to change the values.
Nice! I like the font and color scheme you chose. The map editor also looks great and it seems to run at a pretty good speed too. Did you design the font yourself?
TIny_Hacker wrote:
Nice! I like the font and color scheme you chose. The map editor also looks great and it seems to run at a pretty good speed too. Did you design the font yourself?

I did! I'm using the font I created for Base 3 CE!
I like the good use of Celtic. I guess I'll have to try trapped for myself since I have no idea what it is.
The main game is a work in progress. So far I have completed the editor and integrated it into the game, I am planning to finish game statistics and work on the main game tomorrow or the next day. The achievement system shouldn't take me very long to do, but I am excited for that to be done.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours