Do you support the current status of the server as a PvP server?
Yes, remain as a PvP server
 50%  [ 5 ]
No, return to 1.5-style freebuild
 50%  [ 5 ]
No, posf an alternative solution!
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 10

The politics of the PvP server are abnormally tense for any Minecraft server, as evidenced by the previous threads in this subforum. Concerns from last year and the decision to make Cemetech a PvP server, mainly the player's ability to separate forum and server relations, are causing a blame game to transfer to the forums whilst deterring players from anything Cemetech. The server's politics are tearing Cemetech apart; thus, I support the reversion of Cemetech to a survival freebuild server with PvP discouraged. As too many players seem to be unable to separate forum and server relations, presenting a constructive environment rather than a dog-eat-dog competitive environment would, in my beliefs, be mutually beneficial to both the server and forum.

Using the opinion of one player alone would be against the spirit of Cemetech; I encourage Cemetech's active MC players to vote and posf their own opinions.
From my point of view, there are one or two bad eggs who have not really been honoring the spirit of a good-natured PvP server, players who frankly behave a bit immaturely for the type of server this is intended to be. We created this in the hopes of encouraging extremely clever, creative PvP, where users would work hard to outsmart and out-play their "enemies" and build strong alliances with their "friends". For the most part, we've seen this play out. Unfortunately, as we've seen in the recent week or so, because one administrator (me) also plays as a non-administrator, and is friends with a lots of the players, certain players have accused me of being unfair, namely (1) giving unfair hints only to members of one nation and (2) only making server decisions that benefit that nation.

As a result, I've thrown up my hands and stepped back from making any administrative decisions that impact the economy, and I've left that all up to whatever free time comic has. If people are willing to be a little more calm about it all, and remember that it's still a game, and further want me to resume making decisions (based on somewhat democratic discussion here on the forum), I could be persuaded. Anyway, I think with me taking a break from server decisions, hopefully some of the false accusations and upsetting ad hominem attacks will stop, and things will get calm again. I'm confident most of our playerbase is mature enough for that.

I propose we have a series of events to celebrate 1.8, like scavenger hunts.
Keeping it as a PvP server to me sounds like the best option. The server can still use more runtime until a major change should be considered.

As for KermM being an admin on the server, shouldn't there be consensus on admin actions for anything other than on-the-spot temp-banning? And what's this "unfair" hints you speak of?

The Retro server is still alive and kicking for any PvE building, so I would say don't drop PvP. Maybe wait for MC 1.0 to be released? (Since apparently version numbers don't matter)
KermMartian wrote:
From my point of view, there are one or two bad eggs who have not really been honoring the spirit of a good-natured PvP server, players who frankly behave a bit immaturely for the type of server this is intended to be.

That's what I see, sir. I don't think there's anything wrong with the server being pvp, but I feel people have been taking the politics a little too far. It's started to turn into almost a roleplay server. Everyone is so passionate about their builds and possessions they've worked for and made. There's nothing wrong with being passionate about a game, until that passion transfers to a personal and even real life level. I've tried my hardest to keep myself from doing that, and if I have hurt anyone I am truly sorry.
The emphasis on politics and the actions everyone has taken based on said emphasis has made me feel like everything is geared towards personal feelings and, I'll be honest, that's a turn-off. If someone feels like someone is personally attacking them, they will react as such. If the politics weren't so bad, then maybe people would go back to good-natured pvp again. I don't know. Almost every game attack has felt like a personal attack for me, and I know that's not the case for a lot on the server. I haven't felt personally attacked by most; but put the emphasis there on most.
Those most are the ones who talk to/spend time with me on a semi-regular basis outside the server in hcwp/hrwo, the forums, and on skype, and help me out when I need it; whether it be for code, personal homelife issues, or just general conversations that make me laugh and forget about the day's stresses.
That's what keeps me here. The fact that you guys even care is astonishing. I've never been in a place -let alone a forum- where so many are willing and eager to help with anything they can. I've never been pushed to be the best that I can be in anything I want to do. And look where I am now; I've started programming and I've even entered my first contest! I plan on doing a whole lot more too. This place has given me courage to excel and it's working.
That's me being brutally honest. I've basically poured my heart out in this post (that's why it took an hour to write heheh). You guys have impacted me in a way no one else has figured how to. Believe me, I've looked everywhere for something that was even half as great and amazing as this place is <3

Also I was going to ask if anything was going to be done for a 1.8 party. My mansion isn't quite finished, so unfortunately I won't be able to host a big party there; but I think maybe a snowball fight would be fun and some scavenger hunts and even king of the ladder (I made one behind spawn Very Happy)
Chauronslilsis wrote:
...if anything was going to be done for a 1.8 party. My mansion isn't quite finished, so unfortunately I won't be able to host a big party there; but I think maybe a snowball fight would be fun and some scavenger hunts and even king of the ladder (I made one behind spawn Very Happy)

I'll keeping mum about this whole topic but I just want to propose a snowball fight this weekend. Maybe with eggs instead.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours