Hey, guys, I'm back into calcs! Very Happy
I made a new game demo, this time of Sudoku!

Use the arrow keys to move the selection cursor. Press a number key (1-9) to enter a number in a square (0 or Del erase numbers). In each empty square, you may add pencilmarks for you to note the possible candidates of a square. Press ALPHA to enter and exit pencilmark mode, and press a number key (1-9) in this mode to turn that pencilmark for the square on or off. The program quits if all squares are filled in correctly or you press CLEAR.

There is a sample puzzle coded in, but if you want to change the puzzle, change GDB1 in the source file and recompile. The setup should be obvious for a puzzle, but please let me know if you have any questions.

Source file and program file available for download. Tell me your opinions so far.
Looks very nice! Was it coded in pure ASM?
Ivoah wrote:
Looks very nice! Was it coded in pure ASM?

Thanks! And no, it is coded in Axe. Wink
You should upload it to the cemetech archives
Ivoah wrote:
You should upload it to the cemetech archives

Once I put in a random puzzle generator, I will upload it to every archive I know.
Bump.

Project update! Now added random puzzle generator that automatically creates a random puzzle upon startup. Occasionally, the puzzles may have more than one solution, and once I figure out a way to generate puzzles that does not have this flaw, I will update once again (and upload to the archives).

As always, a screenie:

Source file and program available for download. Thanks for the support so far!
While not being much into puzzles, I'd like to point out that you make very clever use of the screen's dimensions Very Happy
matrefeytontias wrote:
While not being much into puzzles, I'd like to point out that you make very clever use of the screen's dimensions Very Happy

Yes indeed! This is a great style for layout; I do like how it displays the squares as a separate section. Great work! Smile
MateoConLechuga wrote:
matrefeytontias wrote:

Yes indeed! This is a great style for layout; I do like how it displays the squares as a separate section. Great work! Smile

Thanks! That was specifically thought of so that pencilmarks would become possible to display.

Also, bump.

Update! Now there are random puzzles with selectable difficulty...and they are all guaranteed to be solvable! You can specify the difficulty with a number in Ans; 5 for Beginners, 4 for Easy, 3 for Newspaper Level, 2 for Hard, and 1 for ARE YOU INSANE?!?!?

As usual, a screenie for your viewing pleasure:

Source and program file available for download (soon to be on ticalc as I update). Please tell me what you think!
Just keeps getting better and better! Smile And I will be going right for the insane mode. Keep up the awesome work!
Bump.

SUPER ULTRA AMAZING MEGA-UPDATE! Now in a releasable form, this comes with a menu, selectable difficulty, a very fun winning message (solve a sudoku puzzle to see it Wink ), and EVERYTHING else I had before! XD

Screenie:

Source and program file available for download. Soon I will upload it to every archive I know. Please give feedback!
Making each individual sub-grid appear in magnified form is a clever touch, and certainly makes it easier to see what you're doing. Keep up the good work, and I'm glad you've uploaded this to the Cemetech Archives.
KermMartian wrote:
Making each individual sub-grid appear in magnified form is a clever touch, and certainly makes it easier to see what you're doing. Keep up the good work, and I'm glad you've uploaded this to the Cemetech Archives.

Thank you. Wink
JWinslow23 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Thank you. Wink
You're welcome. However, if you want to quote me on that as a testimonial in your readme, please be sure to ask permission first. Wink
KermMartian wrote:
JWinslow23 wrote:
KermMartian wrote:

Thank you. Wink
You're welcome. However, if you want to quote me on that as a testimonial in your readme, please be sure to ask permission first. Wink

Will do. XD Thanks.
Bump.

The current update is on ticalc.org!

Also, I'm working on a few minor changes to the menu and controls. Those will come in a few days.
Nice! This has come together real quick!

Also I tried it on my real TI-84+ and the graphics phenomenon that I mentioned over on Omni did not occur - I think it might be some WabbitEmu thing, or the ROM that I was using is corrupted or something.. Smile
JamesV wrote:
Nice! This has come together real quick!

Also I tried it on my real TI-84+ and the graphics phenomenon that I mentioned over on Omni did not occur - I think it might be some WabbitEmu thing, or the ROM that I was using is corrupted or something.. Smile

Eh, must have been the emulator.

Also, bump.

This very well could be my last update. This comes with minor menu and control changes. ENTER now returns to the main menu.

Screenie:

Source and program file available for download.
That's a sweet splash screen! Well done; it is certainly one of the best Sudoku games out there. Smile Now only if it solved itself...

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours