I am editing my intro to my programs and I didn't edit anything, but now, I always get an error. This works fine on my actual calculator, but it gives me a domain error when I have it in the emulator. Can someone help me?

Code:

0->Xmin
94->Xmax
0->Ymax
~62->Ymin
AxesOff
ClrHome
ClrDraw
"MRDEW25"->Str1
1->A
DelVar Z
round(94-4(7),2)->X
For(G,1,7)
For(F,1,5
sub(Str1,A,1->Str2
Text(Z+6,X,Str2

Text(Z+6,X,"     ")
If Z=24:Text(Z+6,X,Str2
Z+6->Z
End
X+4->X
A+1->A
DelVar Z
End
For(A,45,47)
For(B,32,34)
Circle(A,~B,24,{i})
End
End
Pause
ClrHome
Return
What line does the domain error appear on? What have you already done to try to repair it? Did you make sure that you transcribed it properly? What type of calculator are your hardware and emulated calculators?
The part of the code that gives the error is
Code:

round(94-4(7),2)->X
For(G,1,7)
For(F,1,5
sub(Str1,A,1->Str2
Text(Z+6,X,Str2
rand
Text(Z+6,X,"     ")

At first, I thought that it was because of the X value being greater than 64, so I changed it, but it still didn't work. I got rid of the "rand" part and it still gave the error, but for the line of code above it. I am lost.

Edit: THe calculator that I am using for the actual calculator is the TI-83+ and the emulated version is the ti-84+
It's possible the syntax for ROUND() has changed, a la this description for the error. Another possible reason is that something is throwing a round-off error or something else, per this page. Out of curiosity, what happens if you replace the parentheses with a multiply symbol in front of the number? And/Or have the whole evaluation in parentheses.
Hey, I think the issue might be you did a DelVar on Z. Try setting this instead: 0->Z. Let me know if this works! Smile (Just a hunch; it was a Domain Error)
Ok, here is my code now:

Code:
0->Xmin
94->Xmax
0->Ymax
~62->Ymin
AxesOff
ClrHome
ClrDraw
"MRDEW25"->Str1
length(Str1)->theta
1->A
0->Z
round(94-4theta,2)->X
For(G,1,7)
For(F,1,5
sub(Str1,A,1->Str2
Text(Z+6,X,Str2
rand
Text(Z+6,X,"     ")
If Z=24:Text(Z+6,X,Str2
Z+6->Z
End
X+4->X
A+1->A
DelVar Z
End
For(A,45,47)
For(B,32,34)
Circle(A,~B,24,{i})
End
End
Pause
ClrHome
Return

but now it goes through the first time, but stops after that saying the same thing. I am going to try retyping it in from my calculator to see if that works or not.
Are you unable to simply transfer the .8xp file to your computer, then import it into SourceCoder?
no, I don't have the cable to do so. everything that I have on my ti-83 is the same on the ti-84, but it still doesn't work.
I got it to work, but I didn't change anything, it just worked

Oops.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours