The following is my attempt to combine several basic programs into a application for a TI84 CSE calculator.
1) I am using Basic Builder to combine several basic programs into a Name.hex file.
2) I then manually open up the Name.hex file and change the 80120104 to 8012010F in the first line.
3) I use a rabbitsign.bat file (rabbitsign -g -o App.8ck Name.hex) to properly sign the hex file into a 8ck file.
4) I then download the App.8ck file to the TI84-cse.

Everything looks good till I run the app and I get " Error:Overflow" on the calculator.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Stacey Kennedy
That can't possibly work. TI changed the BCALL addresses, so the assembly stub inside the app that gets the BASIC parser going is basically calling completely random BCALLs. The Basic Builder app itself needs to be ported. I'm surprised that didn't outright crash.
Thank you for your feedback.
Can I please ask you how you would recommend doing this.
sskpe500 wrote:
Thank you for your feedback.
Can I please ask you how you would recommend doing this.

There is really no easy answer to this. It would mean that you would have to pretty much rewrite the BasicBuilder application, which I imagine is not really an option in this case, as I am not sure if the code has even been released. In addition, there is really no relation in terms of the display to the TI83/84+ versions, as has been many a question here. I am sorry, but there is really no solution as of yet. Sad

This is similar to how the 89 and 84+ kind of look the same, but are truly completely different.
Is there any way to build an application for the 84 CSE. (excluding Asy)
sskpe500 wrote:
Is there any way to build an application for the 84 CSE. (excluding Asy)

As of yet, I believe the answer is no. Sorry about that, but maybe someday there might be. Smile
MateoConLechuga wrote:
There is really no easy answer to this. It would mean that you would have to pretty much rewrite the BasicBuilder application, which I imagine is not really an option in this case, as I am not sure if the code has even been released.

Most like, all it needs is to be recompiled with an updated .inc file, and possibly new paging routines. With the source code, it could possibly be ported in an hour, most of which would be spent on verification.

MateoConLechuga wrote:

This is similar to how the 89 and 84+ kind of look the same, but are truly completely different.

No, it's not. Porting to the TI-84+CSE from the TI-8x B&W is much easier and doesn't require completely rewriting back-end logic.
I stand corrected. Smile Thanks, DrDnar.

(I meant to say that even though the calculators look alike, they are not entirely cross compatible, to clear some things up)
The Basic Builder source code is here: http://sourceforge.net/p/basicbuilder/code/HEAD/tree/trunk/z80/ . I'm looking through the source now to see if there's anything that needs to be changed for the TI-84+CSE.

EDIT: Oh yeah, it'll need a bit of hacking. It'll take more than an hour. Possibly a day or two---I can take a closer look after finals next week.
Non-update: This won't be happening until next week, possibly not until after Christmas.
I'm pretty sure I still have write access for the SVN repo, even though my name seems to have been taken off the file page on ticalc.org, so let me know if you need stuff pushed. I can probably add a switch to the UI to handle B/W vs color pretty easily.
Hello Elfprince13,
If it is possible to add the switch to the UI that would be incredible and much appreciated.
That will depend on DrDnar first getting the z80 code adjusted Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours