I just want to clarify this: 34, 26, 25, and 24 are the key codes for the arrow keys on the TI 84+CSE right?
Does anyone have any tips for saving something that is on the home screen using basic? I am trying to make a drawing program. To clarify: I am not doing this program on the graph screen, though I may switch it to the graph screen if needed.
Sure, just store it into a matrix, or just a list that has the object's X and Y location stored into it.
Can somebody please help me with some code to change the TI-84+ CSE brightness? I'm currently making an auto-brightness program.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Sure, just store it into a matrix, or just a list that has the object's X and Y location stored into it.

Can you please give me an example? Also, would it be just 1 matrix? or would it be 2?
what is this Wabbitemu I am alway hearing about in other topics?
Unicorn wrote:
what is this Wabbitemu I am alway hearing about in other topics?
It's a graphing calculator emulator. If you'll just Google it you can find out more about it. It's pretty much in all the top search results.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Since it's the homescreen, I'd just recommend using a 26*10-character String variable. That also makes recalling the contents of the homescreen as simple as Output(1,1,StrN).
KermMartian wrote:
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Since it's the homescreen, I'd just recommend using a 26*10-character String variable. That also makes recalling the contents of the homescreen as simple as Output(1,1,StrN).

That sounds a lot easier than Mateo's suggestion. My only problem is finding out how to make it automatic. Can you store all of the text on the screen into a variable are something like that?
No, you can't. You'd have to build up the string yourself, by storing a character into the string every time you displayed a character on the homescreen.
Ah, well I guess I just have to go wit Mateo's suggestion because I need it to be automated. I assume that can be automated right?
Would I do this?

Code:

Output(A,B,Str0
A->[A]
B->[B]
No, in order to store the elements in the matrix, you would store the varibles like this:

Code:
A->[A](1,1

This stores the value of A into the first column and first row of the [A] matrix.
So,

Code:

While 1
Output(A,B,Str0
Str0->[A](,A,B

There is other code above the Output.
What? That code is nonsensical:
1) The While has no End
2) You can only store numbers in matrix elements
3) Where do you define A and B?
4) (, is not valid syntax.
Oh wow, I was in a hurry. But, I didn't know that you can only store numbers in a matrix. Sorry.
I can't seem to figure this out.
Wouldn't the variables be converted to their numerical equivalents? Assuming he defined those, of course.
Would it just be simpler if I optimize the program for the graph screen and use a command to store the screen? I know there are commands for that. is there one called stopic or newpic?
So, I have finished my drawing program. But, I want to add one more future. I want to have the artist be able to add different colored backgrounds. Is there any way to do that? I think it would add a cool aspect to the program. Good Idea Bad Idea ?
Use the BackgroundOn color function, with the color # at the end (like BackgroundOn 14)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours