solarsoftware wrote:
Use the BackgroundOn color function, with the color # at the end (like BackgroundOn 14)
That would unfortunately only work on the graphscreen; I think he might be using the homescreen for this program. Nevertheless, the DispColor function in DoorsCSE can set a background color, and then you can fill the homescreen with spaces to make the entire homescreen that background color. Just remember to disable the color mode before your program ends.
KermMartian wrote:
solarsoftware wrote:
Use the BackgroundOn color function, with the color # at the end (like BackgroundOn 14)
That would unfortunately only work on the graphscreen; I think he might be using the homescreen for this program. Nevertheless, the DispColor function in DoorsCSE can set a background color, and then you can fill the homescreen with spaces to make the entire homescreen that background color. Just remember to disable the color mode before your program ends.

Thanks to both of you.
Kerm: I have decided to do this on the graph screen because I couldn't figure out how to store the letters on the screen.
As of now the program has been accepted to the file archives. I will update the program with this addon and maybe some other features soon.
Can anyone give me a list of beginner/intermediate programming things to try?
I am making a spaceship shooter game. Currently I am having trouble implementing collision detection. For example, the player shoots the bad guy's spaceship, currently, that just erases the ship, I want it to remove the ship and trigger a reaction like a score increase or animation. Does anyone have any suggestions?
I figured that for each level I could have set coords on the homescreen then do something if the bullet hit that place. That seemed like too much, it would use up to much space.
So, now that the contest is over I can ask how to access an appvar. I followed the code from a program I have on my calc, but that didn't work.

Code:

"rowSwap(APPVAR->Str0
det(8
If Str9="..P:NT:FN
Then
Disp "Transfer AppVar ","to your calculator's
Pause "memory.
Return
End

Is there anything I need to place after that code?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 3
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours