As some of you know, on Sunday night I girl Ive been friends with for 10 years absolutely flipped out on me without any reason that Ive been able to determine. Im not doing so well right now emotionally, and she wont listen or talk to me and has been avoiding our group at school. Anyway, Id just want to let you know about this so you'll understand why I might sound fairly depressed for the next few days until this gets sorted out.
I understand completely... this happens, and you never seem to know why until it's too late.

I'm here for ya, and I know I'm not the only one. I wish you the best of luck, and I know you'll be fine in the end.
I'm sure it was some sort of misunderstanding, and she probably feels the same way. I think gettimg a mediator to help you work it out would help. If she's been friends with you for 10 years, O'm sure she would still want to be your friends. Ask a teacher, guidance counselor, church leader, etc. to help you out, and it will turn out fine.
I know how you feel, it happens. Just keep in mind that you always have friends here to support you.
amen Kerm, I hope you get through this soon
thank you guys. She's talking to me again, but I still haven't figured out why she got mad, and she wont tell me so Im really sort of stuck.
Just take it a step at a time. Her talking to you is an excellent sign.
I really want to thank Swivel for talking to me last night when I was feeling the worst.

and hopefully this is over soon, but its unbelievably depressing to have someone you're that close to angry with you and to not know why.
yeah...i'm glad you're on the road to working this out, and with any luck you'll understand fully soon. (And don't forget, here at Cemetech, we may be just a bunch of geeks/nerds, but we take care of our own...)
Old friends die hard Wink

Just let the dust settle a bit, and then try to settle this Smile
alex10819 wrote:
yeah...I'm glad you're on the road to working this out, and with any luck you'll understand fully soon. (And don't forget, here at Cemetech, we may be just a bunch of geeks/nerds, but we take care of our own...)

Why do you have to accept the labels society provided for us? I don't like labels. Labels are what people use to make fun of a group of people.
something1990 wrote:
alex10819 wrote:
yeah...I'm glad you're on the road to working this out, and with any luck you'll understand fully soon. (And don't forget, here at Cemetech, we may be just a bunch of geeks/nerds, but we take care of our own...)

Why do you have to accept the labels society provided for us? I don't like labels. Labels are what people use to make fun of a group of people.

alright, true enough. However, without labels, what are we? If we take out labels, we get mixed in with those who are not good enough to be defined as nerds/geeks, and become... sweetawsome or Josh Frisby...
Since they do some programming, I'm sure someone thinks they are nerds/geeks, which is another reason why labels are bad. People might not know what a label is and misuse it. We are also getting off topic. Smile
very off topic.

I'm going to recommend that someone split this topic into a labels discussion (preferably in a different forum)...

</offtopic>

Yes, it is indeed a good thing that you can talk again. I know i'm repeating myself, but some things cannot be stressed enough.
True. I hope you get this sorted out, Elfprince.
I do too. Im talking to her again (sorta)....and trying to get this sorted out.
something1990 wrote:
alex10819 wrote:

I do mind the labels, in fact I'm proud of these labels.

Elfprince: Excellent. Keep us posted.
I tell people about my labels before they ask....

and I seem to be making progress with my friend.
well, this seems to have been mostly resolved, but she doesn't trust me as much anymore, and she still wont explain it. Sad
elfprince13 wrote:
well, this seems to have been mostly resolved, but she doesn't trust me as much anymore, and she still wont explain it. Sad
That's weird and frustrating. Ah well, at least it got worked out.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours