I don't do much TI programming these days, and considering I somehow have collected a total of 5 calculators (3 83+'s, 1 84+SE, 1 92) I'm willing to give my 2 extra 83+'s to whoever could use them here, and can cover the shipping costs. They're shipping from Atlanta, Georgia, USA, and don't mind shipping anywhere in the world, but you have to cover all shipping costs.

I don't currently use them for anything, and they've been sitting around my room for years doing nothing. I just verified moments ago that they both boot and work just fine. Neither of them have (to my extent of knowledge) been used in any ASM programs. One seems to be brand new, has extremely few very minor scratches, still seems to have all the default applications, and as far as I can tell has had almost nothing ever done to it.

The other, older one may have had a few applications on it (games, game engines, game engine launchers, libraries) but I cannot say for certain whether or not this specific one did. The reassuring thing, is that I did no ASM testing with it, and only ever used well known and well established assembly programs.

Neither of them seem to have any dead pixels, and should work just fine. I don't have any pictures, but they're the same as any normal 83+ you'd see out there. Let me know if there's anything else you want to know about them, and let me know if you're interested in obtaining one of these.

Here's a link to the postage calculator for the USPS (United States Postal Service) which I'll be using to ship out the packages. You can figure out how much it'll cost to be shipped to your location. I'm probably going to be using a flat rate shipping package (Priority Mail® Padded Flat Rate Envelope) which can be found after you click More on the Flat Rate Service options.
I'll take one, but how would I pay you?
For now, I'm thinking just Paypal to make it easy. I'm also going to wait a little while for it to get a little attention before deciding on who to send them to. I'm fine with them going to whoever, but if someone needs one for a special particular reason for something like school, I'd rather it go to them than someone else for experimentation.
I'm also interested in one, if nobody else comes by with a true need for one.
Just if you guys are curious for sake of checking shipping costs, the specific zip code I'll be shipping from is 30044. I may be able to just use USPS since they have a flat rate box thing for across the states, but I'll look into the options a little more when I get some time tomorrow.
I would certainly want one, even for more than shipping, assuming you used a $6 Priority Flat Rate box. I'd only give it away to a friend though, not use it personally.
MufinMcFlufin wrote:
I'm also going to wait a little while for it to get a little attention before deciding on who to send them to. I'm fine with them going to whoever, but if someone needs one for a special particular reason for something like school, I'd rather it go to them than someone else for experimentation.

Sounds fair
MufinMcFlufin wrote:
Just if you guys are curious for sake of checking shipping costs, the specific zip code I'll be shipping from is 30044.

Wow, I actually live like half an hour away from there by car
I'll take one if there's one available, though I'm not sure I "need" it. I already have an 84PSE and an 84CSE, but I could add an 83 to the collection. I would like to have one.
My brother would need one for school.
But 20$ (15€) are quite much.
If you guys don't mind, I'd appreciate if you could give a brief description of why you would want one, so I can try to see who could really use one most. I know at least one person said they needed one for college, and (I assume) they didn't already have one. Thanks!
I want one so I can make 2-player games
I think you should ship both calculators serperatly, so that two persons can benefit from them.
Muessigb wrote:
I think you should ship both calculators serperatly, so that two persons can benefit from them.

That's exactly what I had in mind. Someone was offering to pay for both, but I refused in favor of this.
Here's a link to the postage calculator for the USPS (United States Postal Service) which I'll be using to ship out the packages. You can figure out how much it'll cost to be shipped to your location. I'm probably going to be using a flat rate shipping package (Priority Mail® Padded Flat Rate Envelope) which can be found after you click More on the Flat Rate Service options.

So far, it looks like anywhere in the states, it should be about $6 for that package, and around $25 internationally. Feel free to check for yourself how much it would cost to get to where you are located. Again, it'll be shipping from US zip code: 30044, but it doesn't look like with this service it should matter much.
If the buyer bought the shipping label online, couldn't they e-mail you the label? That would take care of payment.
Ivoah wrote:
If the buyer bought the shipping label online, couldn't they e-mail you the label? That would take care of payment.

I suppose that could work, I hadn't thought of that.

Muessigb wrote:

You have to make sure you don't have "Express" selected. The blue colored packages cost twice as much to get there twice as fast. The red ones (and the specific one I was looking at which can be seen when you click More) cost half as much and take twice as long.

I'll take one.
Wow, that's a lot of interest! Again, I'd be just giving one to someone who doesn't have one, but very well might not need one I don't know (can ask?) - in light of all these others, I'd pull out.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours