Is this the routine for a line?

Code:
Line:

.db %11111111
Ephraim B wrote:
I'm trying to do the same UI as I did with WizardC7 in WizardC8.

I would suggest you change up the UI just a bit and improve it. Since its now in ASM, you can make things a bit snazzier
APotato wrote:
I would suggest you change up the UI just a bit and improve it. Since its now in ASM, you can make things a bit snazzier

ASM is a very hard language. I'm first programming the program with the same UI as WizardC7 then in WizardC8.1 i'll make a better UI.
Ephraim B wrote:
APotato wrote:

ASM is a very hard language. I'm first programming the program with the same UI as WizardC7 then in WizardC8.1 i'll make a better UI.

Yup, ok. Any screenies?
These are the screenshots for WizardC7 (same UI for WizardC8.0)

TI-84 Plus CSE:

TI-84 Plus\SE:

There will be a few minor changes:
    Run Indicator turned off
    Background picture of Gringotts
    Battery status
    Griphook the Goblin's finger instead of arrows in the Main Menu

I might change my mind
Ephraim B wrote:

Code:
Line:

.db %11111111

No, that is a single byte of data that does nothing. Please read day 24 of the manual for lines.
Ephraim B wrote:

Code:
Line:

.db %11111111
KermMartian wrote:
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Please, please, please read the manual. It tells you how to draw lines. Of course, there is also the bcall rectangle routine, but it is better to learn how it works and why it works, so that you can write a much more efficient and customizable routine. Read the manual! Smile
Plus, if you read the TI PDFs and actually learned ASM from ASM in 28 Days, you'd know the answer to your questions. You're repeatedly ignoring every piece of advice we're giving you.
I am too lazy to actually make my own post so instead I quote people and then don't say anything new
KermMartian wrote:
Ephraim B wrote:

Code:
Line:

.db %11111111
KermMartian wrote:
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Please, please, please read the manual. It tells you how to draw lines. Of course, there is also the bcall rectangle routine, but it is better to learn how it works and why it works, so that you can write a much more efficient and customizable routine. Read the manual! Smile
Plus, if you read the TI PDFs and actually learned ASM from ASM in 28 Days, you'd know the answer to your questions. You're repeatedly ignoring every piece of advice we're giving you.
I am too lazy to actually make my own post so instead I quote people and then don't say anything new

I'll quote one of the people who taught me everything I know quoting him self, and add nothing new, Other then, You Serious Bro?
I need a simple routine for me to understand for a horizontal line in the position of the red line in the following screenshot:

<The screenshot is deleted>

Please include comments
I still can't understand it after reading Day 24 in ASM in 28 days.
That line is in about 10 different places.
I made that red line in paint.

I want a routine to make a simple horizontal line in ASM to make the taskbar in WizardC8.
Paint has a straight line tool.
I didn't realize that but make believe it's a straight line.
Ephraim B wrote:
I made that red line in paint.

I want a routine to make a simple horizontal line in ASM to make the taskbar in WizardC8.
As much as I don't want to rain on this parade, do you know how to use bcalls? If so, then you might want to investigate the _ILine bcall.
I can't help you with code if I don't know where you want to put the line. In the picture you gave, the line is in 10 places, which makes it not a horizontal line. But you're asking about horizontal lines. It's unclear what you're asking for.
Ummm... I am not really sure how Day 24 could be any clearer, as if you had read everything before hand, it should make sense. There are plently of line routines out there on the internet, but I will try to explain it in simple terms so that you can write your own and know how it works:

1) The LCD can either be written to directly, or through a buffer. Buffer is easier, generally.

2) The LCD is 96 pixels across, thus 12 bytes. (1 bit = 1 pixel)

3) The LCD is therefore composed of 768 bytes of data.

4) To avoid having to learn direct LCD manipulation, you can use the BCALL GrBufCpy, which you can find info on about here: Link

5) Now, a bit that is 1 is on, a bit that is 0 is off.

6) So all you have to do is set the first 12 bytes of plotsscreen to %11111111, which is binary, and call GrBufCpy, which will draw a straight line at the top left corner.

7) To change the vertical offset, add an offset of 12 for each line: offset of 0 is at the top.

Cool I.E., the 3rd line down would be: plotsscreen+(12*2)

Please just read the manual all the way through already.

Merth: Whoa, did you actually count the lines? Because there is exactly 10 different ones if you are looking at the vertical change. Smile
I told you to make believe it's a straight line.

<The screenshot is deleted>

Ignore the thin red line and only look at the thick one since I can't erase it in paint.

KermM: I followed the instructions for the b_call(_ILine) you gave me with this code:

Code:
   LD   DE,0
   LD   C,9
   LD   HL,94
   LD   B,53

b_call(_ILine)

It gave me this screen:

What did I do wrong?

Edit: Oops, you gave me the CSE b_call(, i'm coding for the ti 84 plus. Trying the ti 84 plus b_call(.

Edit 2: It works!!!!
You set your values incorrectly.
merthsoft wrote:
You set your values incorrectly.

Take a look at Edit and Edit 2 in my previous post.

How do you display the date and time?
Step 1: Open wikiti
Step 2: Open up the bcalls by name list: http://wikiti.brandonw.net/index.php?title=Category:83Plus:BCALLs:By_Name
Step 3: Use your seeing orbs and squishy think thing to maybe take five seconds to find the bcall that gets you the data you want.
Step 4: Oh look, there're clock bcalls: http://wikiti.brandonw.net/index.php?title=Category:83Plus:BCALLs:By_Name:Clock

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 9, 10, 11  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 2 of 11
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours