I had an idea for a calculator program while walking around in school; Achievement Unlocked for calculators. If you've never played it, it's here for free. It's basically a puzzle game solely about the achievements, and is an interesting creation regardless of the main goal. There are 3 installments, and I will mainly focus on replicating the first game in terms of feel and core experience (since it only has one screen, and seems more feasible).

►Todo:
*Create achievement system and achievements (obviously)
*Create core experience (spikes, secrets, corpses?, etc)

►Completed:
*List of achievements (but it doesn't yet mark which ones you have)
*Decided on using a save file (I need to save what achievements you got so I might as well use a list)
*Menus
Hmm, I don't think I had ever played that before I just followed your link and tried it. It's quite an interesting concept indeed, and I enjoyed figuring out how to play both the game and the metagame. Will your version use the same game for the game part of it, and the same metagame achievements, or will you be coming up with a different concept for yours?
KermMartian wrote:
Hmm, I don't think I had ever played that before I just followed your link and tried it. It's quite an interesting concept indeed, and I enjoyed figuring out how to play both the game and the metagame. Will your version use the same game for the game part of it, and the same metagame achievements, or will you be coming up with a different concept for yours?

I'll be using a different map and achievements. I've started just a test map, with one of the booster things, a spike, and the achievements list.

(not all of the achievements are listed)
It's a little slower and blinkier than I would like, but for right now I'm getting the code down any way I can. Optimizations come later, since not all of this is final.
good luck with that
... that would take me forever

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours