I tried to upload a program made be source coder, but I got this error. Now I can't seem to upload anything to my calc. Anybody know how to help?
Could you provide a couple more specifics? Perhaps a screencap?
I have a picture, how can I show it on the site?
Host it on a image hosting site and [img] tag it.
Are you using the Direct USB link cable? Try a different USB port. If that doesn't do it, uninstall and reinstall TI-Connect.
I've tried both. Any other options/advice?
How much free RAM and ROM do you have on your calculator? This sounds like one of TI-Connects wonderful failures with the Direct USB cable that I've dealt with before; try archiving everything, RAM clearing, and trying agian.
It has cleared my ram and so have I. Still there.
*bump* Any progress on this? Anything we can continue to do to help, or did you make progress or have a brainstorm?
I am now having problems with the calculator in general. When I try to make new programs directly on the calculator, I get a freeze, reboot, and ream clear. When I try to do some computations (like 360-45), same happens. When I try to run an app, same happens. Is it finally time to put this beast out of its misery?
I get this error often, the only solution I had was retrying, and if that doesn't work then the program is conflicting with something it seems.
It doesn't seem to be just programs anymore, as I can experience crashes when doing normal calculations. I might have to get a new calculator here for finals...
Which OS are you running? You can check in 2nd-MEM-About. If it's one of the MathPrint operating systems (2.53 or 2.55), I recommend that you downgrade to 2.43 (unless you REALLY need the MathPrint functionality). You can force an OS transfer by holding DEL while taking the batteries out and reinserting them into your calculator.
This has been discussed before, but I need the MP os (currently 2.55). I have tried down-grading OS and still had issues. Then I tried upgrading to the 2.55 MP os again and still issues.
First, please try thepenguin's VAT repair program avilable here.

If you are having problems sending it with ti-connect, grab tilp, connect your calc, launch tilp. Do not have it list the variables, as it will error out. Simply send the program to the calc. If it does send, try running the program.

if all else fails, you can wipe the entire flash chip and ram and start out fresh...
  1. Remove a battery, hold del, insert that battery to get to the "Waiting for operating system" screen
  2. Begin sending an OS to it (doesn't matter what). Once it starts to transfer, pull the battery. This will invalidate/corrupt the old OS.
  3. Putting the battery back in, it will now keep asking for an OS (just to make sure you did it right).
  4. Remove the battery, hold [mode], reinsert the battery. (I hope the following is right) The calculator will go into a test mode. Keep pressing enter until you get to a screen with a number on it. That number will count up indefinitely. That is how many times the boot code wipes the flash chip.
  5. Let it run for a loop, then remove the battery and reinsert. You should be back at the "Waiting..." screen.
  6. Send TIOS to the calc.
  7. When the OS is received, it should turn off. Press [on] to verify that it turns on.
  8. Go directly to 2nd-[mem]-7-all-all memory. This will reformat the flash chip.
  9. Try sending programs to the calculator
AHelper wrote:
First, please try thepenguin's VAT repair program avilable here.

If you are having problems sending it with ti-connect, grab tilp, connect your calc, launch tilp. Do not have it list the variables, as it will error out. Simply send the program to the calc. If it does send, try running the program.

if all else fails, you can wipe the entire flash chip and ram and start out fresh...
  1. Remove a battery, hold del, insert that battery to get to the "Waiting for operating system" screen
  2. Begin sending an OS to it (doesn't matter what). Once it starts to transfer, pull the battery. This will invalidate/corrupt the old OS.
  3. Putting the battery back in, it will now keep asking for an OS (just to make sure you did it right).
  4. Remove the battery, hold [mode], reinsert the battery. (I hope the following is right) The calculator will go into a test mode. Keep pressing enter until you get to a screen with a number on it. That number will count up indefinitely. That is how many times the boot code wipes the flash chip.
  5. Let it run for a loop, then remove the battery and reinsert. You should be back at the "Waiting..." screen.
  6. Send TIOS to the calc.
  7. When the OS is received, it should turn off. Press [on] to verify that it turns on.
  8. Go directly to 2nd-[mem]-7-all-all memory. This will reformat the flash chip.
  9. Try sending programs to the calculator

Would that be to fix the sending error or the crashes?
The above would be the crashing... but if you cannot send anything (even using tilp), then this isn't an option

The bottom one should fix everything.
I can't send. How long would the second method take? is there a risk of bricking the calculator? Right now I can sometimes do simple calculations (try the calculation several times, eventually it won't crash), and with finals coming up by the end of the week, I need to be able to use some form of calculator.
Oddly enough, it's sounding to me as if you have one of the weirdest cases of hardware failure I've ever heard of, perhaps even a bad piece of RAM (or a dying Flash chip?). If only you could load a diagnostic program on it, I'd love to do a memtest-equivalent. Anyway, that's neither here nor there; there's very little risk of making it worse than it already is with AHelper's suggestions.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours