Recently, I've been looking into buying a TI 84 Plus SE because of the serial I/O port (since the USB port on the CE is ridiculously complicated to control in C), and it occurred to me that with a little bit of hardware (appropriate antenna and related circuitry, and an analog-to-digital converter possibly?) and software to decode the signals, it would be possible to watch b/w TV on your calculator (or watch a spectrogram of the sounds from an AM radio). Does anyone have any suggestions on how this could be done practically, or whether such an undertaking would be impractical?
I'm new here, but that sounds pretty cool! do you thing you could use something like an Arduino to convert analog to digital? and to decode the signals for the calculator to understand?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours