Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.
Lately I've been working on a version of the classic TI 84 puzzle game "Dino Puzzle" in lua for nspire. It's not much of a challenge so far, and I've already made a lot of progress!

Screenshot:


I'll post here as I continue to make progress with this!

Also, I've been thinking about creating the entire puzzpack in one program (like it is on 84), for nspire. I'm not sure I will yet, but it's a thought.
are the blocks just a placeholder for the sprites or do you plan on just using the blocks? Also lookin good, just like the original almost
APotato wrote:
are the blocks just a placeholder for the sprites or do you plan on just using the blocks? Also lookin good, just like the original almost

I plan on making sprites, thanks for the clarification!
Also, on that topic, I'm not exactly sure what to do for sprites.
The resolution on the nspire is much better than on the 84. Should I blow up the original sprites, or make new ones?
Also what colors should I use?
I think you could blow up the sprites, but I would make new ones resembling the old sprites.
You can use this for inspiration for the sprites: http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/457/45763.html
As long as Merthsoft is okay with it, I think it would be very nice to scale up the TI-84+CSE versions of the sprites. It would give it quite the authentic feel.
KermMartian wrote:
As long as Merthsoft is okay with it, I think it would be very nice to scale up the TI-84+CSE versions of the sprites. It would give it quite the authentic feel.

Alright, I'll see about doing that.

Also, this is coming along quite nicely now:


The game is fully functional, I just need to add images, a main menu, and it's done Smile
Hmm how does the scoring work?
APotato wrote:
Hmm how does the scoring work?


Have you played the original?
KermMartian wrote:
As long as Merthsoft is okay with it, I think it would be very nice to scale up the TI-84+CSE versions of the sprites. It would give it quite the authentic feel.


So he colored what was apparently meant to be a bird (http://www.detachedsolutions.com/puzzpack/dinopuzzle.php)
like a dinosaur head.

Should I make it a bird or a dino head?
ldstudios wrote:
So he colored what was apparently meant to be a bird (http://www.detachedsolutions.com/puzzpack/dinopuzzle.php)
like a dinosaur head.

Should I make it a bird or a dino head?
Considering that it's Dino Puzzle, I think the dino head is more appropriate, and perhaps a little more fun. Smile
Great progress being made!




Hopefully I will finish either tomorrow or later today![/img]
Whoo the sprites make it look awesome! Very Happy
Nice work
I agree, the sprites make it look a lot more spiffy. I also like what you did to use that titlescreen; did you get a chance to ask Merthsoft about it yet? Finally, have you implemented the "closing" eggs and that feature yet?
KermMartian wrote:
I agree, the sprites make it look a lot more spiffy. I also like what you did to use that titlescreen; did you get a chance to ask Merthsoft about it yet? Finally, have you implemented the "closing" eggs and that feature yet?

Yes, I checked with merthsoft and he was okay with it. And yes, the "closing" eggs have been implemented for a while.

I made some changes to the sprites and the color theme
Looks great, man Smile. Worth noting is that Kerm made the title screen based on the original one. I unfortunately didn't credit his work in mine.
I'm done!

Screenshots:






Let me know if you have any suggestions!
Download: http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&id=1186
Nice! This game looks pretty incredible, I do like how you stuck with the original themes. Smile
That looks really great! I love the tiling pattern at the bottom =) It's a great touch.
merthsoft wrote:
Looks great, man Smile. Worth noting is that Kerm made the title screen based on the original one. I unfortunately didn't credit his work in mine.
That's okay, I still have the pride of knowing I helped your excellent game. Wink And ldstudios did indeed check with me if it was okay, once I revealed the extent of my involvement in helping with the title screen of your game. Ldstudios, you did a great job making a fun, fast port that is true to the original! This definitely deserves a feature in our November Projects of the Month thread. Smile
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement