I am starting a Swing Copters clone in Axe! So far, the game is going along smoothly.

I hope to add a bunch of graphical goodies, and some highscore saving (what is a game without it? Razz )

This is the smallest that I consider a playable demo as of late. The download link is here for the source, and here for the game itself.
Finally you have created a topic! Very Happy Looks like you aren't any "newbie". And dang this original is really freaking hard!
http://www.miniclip.com/games/swing-copters/en/
APotato wrote:
Finally you have created a topic! Very Happy Looks like you aren't any "newbie". And dang this original is really freaking hard!
http://www.miniclip.com/games/swing-copters/en/

I am very active on Omnimaga, and before that, I was on TI-BASIC Developer. Of course I'm not a newbie. Razz Graphing Calculator
This is looking pretty awesome! Are you thinking about implementing things like powerups and other things later on in the levels? Keep up the good work! Smile
MateoConLechuga wrote:
This is looking pretty awesome! Are you thinking about implementing things like powerups and other things later on in the levels? Keep up the good work! Smile

Not sure how powerups would work in the game...maybe I could do it, though! (Of course, the collision system would have to be COMPLETELY and utterly redesigned... Sad Not sure about it.)
Bump.

Later today, I will post an update! It will have the bird actually fall after it hits something, and it will also have HIGHSCORES! Smile They are saved internally (because for some reason, if they are saved externally in an appvar and it is archived, even though I have an UnArchive at the front of the program, it makes you die instantly after starting. Dunno why Sad )
Bump.

Update! Highscores are implemented (saved internally), and the bird falls, among other changes.

Source here, program here.
Isn't its hat supposed to fall off? Hehe it doesnt matter it looks great so far. Glad that you are adding medals, anything else you are planning on adding?
Great job, it looks awesome.
How goes progress on this? Do you have any more ideas that you might want to add? Keep it up, it looks fantastic. Smile
It looks like this will be a great addition to the family. Keep up the good work!

I started work on a Swing Copters a month or 2 ago... I got pretty far. Here's the code:

Code:

.SWNGCPTR

If you need rotation help, then I could be of some help (It took me about 3 months to create pseudo-rotations for ClrDraw's Flappy Bird)

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours