I guess I'll add finishing up the Arduino shield for gcn to the pile of things.

I'm a bit of a task management geek, so I can recommend www.toodledo.com if anyone is looking for something more sophisticated than a text document for tracking things to do.
Thanks for the suggestion, rfdave. I do tend to end up with text documents of to-do lists all over the place, so I'll probably check it out if I get a chance. My current to-do list is some combination of a text document on my desktop, my whiteboard, this topic, and the random ideas rattling around inside my head. I definitely am glad that the Arduino shield is on the top of your to-do list, and I must remember to add a post to your topic with some suggestions for v2 that I had.

Code:

/*TODO write a TODO list*/
My only goal that I am willing to commit time to at this moment:
Portal CSE
I need to actually flesh mine out again. Its just grown since last time >.<
KermMartian wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion, rfdave. I do tend to end up with text documents of to-do lists all over the place, so I'll probably check it out if I get a chance. My current to-do list is some combination of a text document on my desktop, my whiteboard, this topic, and the random ideas rattling around inside my head. I definitely am glad that the Arduino shield is on the top of your to-do list, and I must remember to add a post to your topic with some suggestions for v2 that I had.

After entirely too many hours spend reading productivity pr0n, there really isn't a magic solution. Keeping it all in one place helps, because then you know what you have to work on.

I'd like to get your suggestions on an improvements when you can.
I'll post my most ambitious project ideas, as I cannot remember all my more "realistic" ones that I don't find as amusing.. Maybe I'm a bit of a megalomaniac, but who cares? ;-D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Programming/Design ideas for projects in no specific order..
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
* Design and implement a VPL (Visual Programming Language), similar to Werkkzeug or VSXu for making demos

* Write a compiler for some language

* Write an assembler for the z80 platform

* Write a disassembler for the z80 platform

* Write a tracker

* Design and implement a minimalistic OS for the x86, x86_64 or the z80 (which is considerably a lot easier) platform.

* Design and implement a new programming language

* Work out a few demos/effects for the z80
Huh, I didn't posf here.

Programming
  • Fix the bugs in CBLM
  • Finish a CBLM-compatible PC program
  • Figure out how to ArTICL

Calculator, but not programming
  • Get a TI-84 Plus C Silver Edition
  • Finally posf about various CBL2/LabPro things, like OS bugs

Programming, but not calculator
  • Finish up some Python code that polls Minecraft servers
  • Learn to C++
  • At least attempt to use USB for some sensor interfacing things

Neither programming nor calculators
  • Continue getting better at UT2004
  • Work on some builds on Cemetech Minecraft
  • Escape college
  • ???
  • PROFIT

Pretty much all my programming nowadays involves the Vernier LabPro, and done in Python or TI-68k BASIC. I haven't done z80 programming in an eternity :O
Let's pick this up again!
So, when I have a *little* bit more time, I want to start some interesting projects:
  • Finish ICE
  • 3D grapher
  • Kind of AoE game
  • Full ASM editor (!= hexadecimal editor!)
  • Kind of OS, but then Linux-style, with a command line
All of these are for the CE. Outside of calc programming, helping with CE support at jsTIfied is also on my to-do-list. How about you all? Smile
This will be a long one, but you asked for it...

• Learn 3D A* pathfinding (to make a decent bot for a voxel FPS). The project is long dead, but it's still on my list.
  • Timer program on gray status bar (CSE)
  • Tinypy, *nix (CE, but don't have one)
  • Mess around with Universal Machine
  • Screensaver integration (Powder Toy)
  • Research CUDA parallelization for falling-sand games (*cough cough* Powder Toy...)
  • Project to send digital data over laser
  • Research algorithm to send binary data over lossy video (maybe for steganography? copyright watermarking?)
  • E-ink billboards (yes, E-Ink is patented, but still would like to know how to make any display larger than a touchscreen)
  • Research/develop a binary/hexadecimal language with subject, object, and verb.
  • Hack a VCR so it works like a tape drive. (Was done 20 years ago in Russia, but wasn't great because the estimated margin of error was too large, plus it used the video input of an existing VCR instead of connecting directly to the recording head. I think it can be done, but I'll need a friend to help me with the wiring.)
  • Water-condensing windmill. Originally, I had considered using the motor from a ceiling fan and using that to drive the essential components of an AC, but I could not find a secondhand AC. (Scrapped ACs have all of the freon removed, and it would require me to hire an HVAC professional to fill it with refrigerant again.)
  • Finish my zero-gravity soccer game, and fix the crap collision system.
  • Work on that Game Boy emulator with my friend.
  • Experiment more with photogrammetry.
  • Continue work on an Arduino project for an electric-assisted bike with an LCD screen. Except that my dad isn't really enthusiastic at all about helping me find a second-hand bike to use. So, the project is stalled until my dad decides to help me (probably never).
  • Fix a PS3 controller that magically stopped working after connecting it to an old USB hub that I used a 12v power supply on instead of a 5v power supply. (Hey, don't blame me, the cable fit almost perfectly!)
  • Learn Kivy to put my touchscreen-enabled Pi to good use. (I was awarded a touchscreen for my diligence over the summer.)
oldmud0 wrote:
E-ink billboards (yes, E-Ink is patented, but still would like to know how to make any display larger than a touchscreen)
Off the top of my head, I'm thinking ping pong balls, painted half-black, each with two magnets inside and mounted in front of an electromagnet that can be energized with forward or reverse current. You could mount them in some sort of a grid that would let them rotate freely whenever the electromagnets are energized, but would more or less hold them as-is when no current is applied. I suspect I'm not the first person to think of this, though, considering that ping-pong balls are a common analogy to explain how e-ink works.

And I need to get to posting my own todo list here.
I am working on way too many, honestly...
I keep track of them in detail here. The ones currently in progress are these:
  • Action Battle
  • CalcTalk
  • Railroad Empire
  • CalcFish and related games
  • Code-Opoly
  • A bunch of others pending minor updates.
  • A quadratic solver that I STILL can't get to work right. Mad
  • Various math helpers which I didn't deem worthy of a forum thread
TO DO
    ▪ Learn ASM
    ▪ Make wicked cool stuff

JK. Honestly, I don't really have anything planned past learning ASM. Probably (continue) learning Java (because I hate it), since I'll need it for my Comp. Sci. classes. And maybe getting back into calc stuffs. I haven't really done anything in BASIC for quite a while. Maybe I should learn some optimization tricks so I can get what they're doing in this thread.

To-do lists are boring and gross. Just go with the flow of life.
Todo List, in order of what I feel like doing:
    Complete CEmu v1.0
    Document CE USB functionality
    Write a USB interfacing library
    Work on the C toolchain on the side (ConvPNG, ConvHex, ConvTile, others)

I really don't have much interest in games anymore... Hopefully the C toolchain is mature enough that new and old developers alike can make some pretty awesome things Smile
I guess I should post in this as well...

▪ Finish Doodle Jump CE (I really need to stop procrastinating and wasting time playing video games)
    ▪ Add more things to the C SDK wiki pages
    ▪ Maybe give Don't Touch the Color an update (currency, sprites, and real physics)

So yeah, I have to stop procrastinating and get to work. Razz
My projects/to do list in no particular order:

3D printer
Fix gameulator 4
Make wifi gcn bridge with photon if firmware happens for it
Figure out arduino nano problems

I'm sure there's more, just can't think of them now.
For me:
  • Text File CE
  • USARails (my CC17 Project)
  • Chess
  • DOOM Port to the CE
  • Some other things that won't be started until some of these are completed.

The completion of me learning ez80 and gaining more knowledge of all the commands in ti84pce.inc would be so helpful.
My to do list:

Learn C
Work on DOOM port to the CE
Finish my Pi Runner program

Way, way into the future:
Learn ASM
Port DOOM to the CSE using ASM

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours