Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.
DJ_O wrote:
jsTIfied emulates the game perfectly. However, it looks like this: [...]
Testing on-calculator, that actually seems pretty accurate. Wink

Sorunome: I didn't spend that much time playing the latest version yet, but the most immediate thing that jumped out at me was that making Quit quit to the main title screen, where you then needed to watch the main title screen cinematic before you could press [ON] to actually quit, was slightly annoying. Other than that, it looks great so far!
Yay, thanks!
And I decided to do it that way because it's also like that if you like play an RPG for console or for the PC
It's officially released now!
http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/461/46161.html
Does this bug appear for anyone other than me? After I quit Reuben Quest, if I press [ON] at the homescreen, X and Y coordinates appear at the bottom of the screen, as if I was on the graphscreen. This doesn't stop until I visit and leave the graphscreen.
That is a known bug, due to me using StatVars as a screen buffer, but it doesn't do anything else than that.
Sorunome wrote:
That is a known bug, due to me using StatVars as a screen buffer, but it doesn't do anything else than that.
Ah, well, it's an extremely easy bug to repair, in that case. You should have asked! Smile
Code:
bcall(_DelRes)
wha, i didn't know, reuben1 had that bug too, and runer had no idea how to fix it! Thanks!
Sorunome wrote:
wha, i didn't know, reuben1 had that bug too, and runer had no idea how to fix it! Thanks!
You're welcome! For future reference, are there any other known bugs that we could help you try to figure out?
Nothing else except as what we just discussed on IRC that the bug is because of me using StatVars as a whole screen buffer, and thus overflowing, not destroying any harmful ram areas, though
KermMartian wrote:
Does this bug appear for anyone other than me? After I quit Reuben Quest, if I press [ON] at the homescreen, X and Y coordinates appear at the bottom of the screen, as if I was on the graphscreen. This doesn't stop until I visit and leave the graphscreen.


Yeah I noticed the same problem with the Axe remake of Reuben 1.


The only other bugs are the fact we can push blocks and access areas you normally shouldn't during the escape sequence at the end, but in the original game, the inability to push blocks during the escape sequence was more an engine limitation and it required a cheap shortcut for the block puzzle map near the end (removing 1 block), so I assume leaving things as they are now would be fine. Plus it doesn't hurt to change some stuff a bit sometimes. Razz
DJ_O wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Does this bug appear for anyone other than me? After I quit Reuben Quest, if I press [ON] at the homescreen, X and Y coordinates appear at the bottom of the screen, as if I was on the graphscreen. This doesn't stop until I visit and leave the graphscreen.


Yeah I noticed the same problem with the Axe remake of Reuben 1.
We determined that it's because Sorunome is overwriting (768 - 531) = 237 bytes of RAM after StatVars, on Runer112's recommendation. I continue to be uncomfortable about the various things that that contains, and wish it could be cleaned up by Reuben at least, but Sorunome insists it doesn't cause any fatal crashes. Smile
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement