JWinslow23 wrote:
I am completely stuck on Level 32, anyone have a walkthrough?

Haobo wrote:
I'll call them portal 1 and 2.

First, you need to get 1 to the very top of the left side. Hold onto the cube as well.
You can do it by having 2 below the long tube area and going into it, shooting out of 1, and then relaunching 1 to make it higher and higher.
Either way, get 1 to the highest point in the long tube where the cube comes out. When you have the portal up there, move right before the blue energy field.
Shoot 2 right before it, so you can shoot up to the next area.
Go into 2 and you'll come out of 1 which is really high above.
Then shoot 1 below you, you'll keep your momentum and you should shoot out of 2 and get launched above the blue energy field.
Throw the cube when you jump off so that it goes into the red field, and you should be able to figure it out after that.

If you don't understand the description, I can help you if you still need it by 2 pm, I can make a screenshot of it.
I have been working on making some levels in Portal Returns, (TI-84 CE) What do you think so far? Is there anything I can improve on? Just put this in your calculator. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4_fR_yTrIiza1QydlVGTWF5Y2c/view?usp=sharing
Maze388 wrote:
I have been working on making some levels in Portal Returns, (TI-84 CE) What do you think so far? Is there anything I can improve on? Just put this in your calculator. https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4_fR_yTrIiza1QydlVGTWF5Y2c/view?usp=sharing

These are pretty nice. Smile Level 5 is certainly testing my reflexes; there's a lot of repetition when jumping over the spikes between the red and blue beams. I found level 2 a little too easy, but that might just be me Razz Anywho, how many total levels are there? And welcome to Cemetech, Maze388!
Think you can help me on 13? Been stuck on it for 3 months. Anyways thank you very much for this program! This has gotten me through math class every single day. Me and my friend have just been creating custom levels and testing each other. Also is glass breakable? I was able to break class half way. I could split class in half sometimes and even take a fourth of it away. I can also glitch into glass rather easily. Thanks!
Martarts wrote:
Think you can help me on 13? Been stuck on it for 3 months. Anyways thank you very much for this program! This has gotten me through math class every single day. Me and my friend have just been creating custom levels and testing each other. Also is glass breakable? I was able to break class half way. I could split class in half sometimes and even take a fourth of it away. I can also glitch into glass rather easily. Thanks!

1. Quickly jump over the red line to shoot a portal downwards, then (mid-air) retreat left. Use this to bring yourself down onto the bottom of the level. (The cube doesn't matter AFAICT.)
2. Walk right through the blue field and portal yourself into the glass chamber on the right.
3. Use a diagonal portal ([9]) to get onto the ledge inside the glass box. Set up a quick infinite loop here ([8] + [2]) so that you are constantly falling.
4. (This may take a few tries). While falling, shoot a diagonal portal ([1]) to escape the glass chamber. Hold down the right arrow and you should land on the end platform.

P.S. Good luck with #14... it's very difficult.
What about 17? I'm stuck on that one.
Thanks!
Dudeman313 wrote:
What about 17? I'm stuck on that one.
Thanks!

That's certainly a tricky one... I'll just give some hints:
1. The starting position can be used to create an infinite loop to get some good speed going.
2. You'll want the upper door closed when you land on it.
3. JUMP off the door with two portals on the lower platform.
Good luck!
I did make the infinite loop, but when I press [3], the resulting portal is not close enough to the edge to allow me to land on the closed door.
Thanks everyone!
Dudeman313 wrote:
I did make the infinite loop, but when I press [3], the resulting portal is not close enough to the edge to allow me to land on the closed door.

Ah, I remember now. Once you place a single portal with [3], you should place another one on the same platform closer to the edge. Then you can fall through that, pop up through the one further from the edge, then fall back down and you'll pop out right next to the edge. Good luck. Wink
I hope you can read this before you leave 3 months Sad

Anyway, I hope I've a good suggestion for you, and this is 1 or 2 levels with all reversed. It walks at the top, firing will be reversed, even reversed gravity. (Basically like this)

I'm more than happy to make (a) level(s) Razz
how do you beat 38 custom and 40 normal
Zeldex72 wrote:

With magicallness.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Zeldex72 wrote:

With magicallness.

you cant do 38 can you?
I am stuck on level 19 and was wondering if you could give me a hint (or solution). I can get past the red laser, but I don't know how to get Momentum upwards after that...
Hey, I'm working on a 2D model of portal in Scratch for a school project, I've finished almost all the basics but I would like to know how you did the physic change for the portals (i.e. you fall in a portal in the floor and fly out of a portal on the wall). How did you make the program know to change your velocity from vertical to horizontal (and the correct direction (left and right)). The only way I know how to do this is with tons of if-then statements, I'd like to know if there is a more efficient way. I'm pretty sure you made this open source, but unfortunately, I cant read ez80 Sad . Sorry if my wording is really confusing, I can try to clarify if you don't understand what I'm trying to say. Smile (My project isn't due until 2 weeks from now so I don't need and immediate answer)
I'd do an energy calculation. Kinetic energy would be conserved, but change the direction and then add gravitational potential. Not sure how mateo did it though.
prgmTrouble wrote:
I'd do an energy calculation. Kinetic energy would be conserved, but change the direction and then add gravitational potential. Not sure how mateo did it though.
Yeah, I know how to do it, I just don't know how to do it efficiently. Smile
Try Vx, Vy, and H in Op1, 2, and 3, and have preset labels for each possible scenario (Ground-wall, ground-ground, ground-ceiling, wall-ceiling).
Simply put, store the type of portal and how it should respond. You don't need to worry about the y component in horizontal portals, nor the x component in vertical facing portals. So, just have something like this for different portal types: (Assuming a top-left origin)

Code:
Portal on left wall:    1->x : 0->y
Portal on right wall:  -1->x : 0->y
Portal on ceiling wall: 0->x : 1->y
Portal on ground wall:  0->x :-1->y

Then when you fall into a portal, if it is horizontal, only take the x velocity and multiply it by the exit portal's values from the list. This will be your new x and y velocities. If it is a vertical (ground and ceiling), only take the y component of velocity.

Some pseudo code:

Code:
if (entering_portal) {
    if (portal_entering_type == (ground | ceiling))
        velocity_component = abs(y_velocity);
    else if (portal_entering_type == (left | right))
        velocity_component = abs(x_velocity);
    x_velocity = portal_exit_x * velocity_component);
    y_velocity = portal_exit_y * velocity_component;
}

Which should be all the code you need. portal_exit_x and portal_exit_y are from the table above, which are set when the portal is created.

Note: Of course; the way I did it is more optimized then this, but this is still the basic idea.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 24 of 26
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours