KermMartian wrote:
Super-annoying nag bump: how goes the TI-84 Plus CE porting? I'm sure you are buried deep in homework, studying, and schoolwork for the end of the semester, and I wish you the best of luck with it. I only hope that your summer schedule gives you the time to work on this (and I hope our discussions on an App key end up being fruitful, for the sake of this project among many others).

Oh; it goes pretty fantastic! Smile I'm actually working on a smaller project first; just so I can get the hang of working with the CE first. That way I can get more used to how things function... As in Portal CSE, I tended to use greatly the fact that registers could only hold 16 bits... Which makes porting a tad interesting. And school is going well; I have finals in a bit, so I'll probably be studying for those. Smile
Oke, I have 2 things. One is (I think) a bug, and a thing that I don't understand why.
- In level 13, and I stand at the beginning, directly before the red laser, and shoot with 3, I can place a portal in a corner (see image)
- If I would fly, even don't take my finger of the key at the upside, and hold it for, lets say, a minute, and then release it, my figure dropped down very very fast, although he has to fall '3 cm' or whatever.

Image:


And for the video of the flying Dutchman Razz :


(Sorry for the indistinctness, made with mobile phone)
Due to a TI-OS bug that makes Apps starting executing inside the data of unknown App header fields, I've changed Doors CSE to use the header field type 03F instead of 290 for the icon; please update your app accordingly. I'll shortly be releasing a version of Doors CSE with this fix and a handful of others. More details:
http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php/App_Header_%28Color%29
So Mateo the dcs fuzzy screen bug might be back. I downloaded the one from the cemetech archives. I was testing this on a real calculator and the the screen background switched to green when there was text displayed.

I really do enjoy playing it on a real calc. Do you have any plans to release the tool to change the graphics of the game?
It turns green but you can still do everything? If so, try pressing 7 at the homescreen. Wink
It crashed when I tried to quit
Yay! Got the CE version of Portal up and running; enjoy! Very Happy
Now I don't know what to do with my time...

Download
Portal Returns CE

PT_ wrote:
Oke, I have 2 things. One is (I think) a bug, and a thing that I don't understand why.
- In level 13, and I stand at the beginning, directly before the red laser, and shoot with 3, I can place a portal in a corner (see image)
- If I would fly, even don't take my finger of the key at the upside, and hold it for, lets say, a minute, and then release it, my figure dropped down very very fast, although he has to fall '3 cm' or whatever.

Fixed the first one; changed a '14' to a '16'. The second one isn't a bug; just how it gathers speed. Razz

KermMartian wrote:
Due to a TI-OS bug that makes Apps starting executing inside the data of unknown App header fields, I've changed Doors CSE to use the header field type 03F instead of 290 for the icon; please update your app accordingly. I'll shortly be releasing a version of Doors CSE with this fix and a handful of others. More details:
http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php/App_Header_%28Color%29

Fixed and updated, along with the other ones. Thanks! Smile

CKH4 wrote:
It crashed when I tried to quit

Should be fixed; I was copying one too many bytes to someplace I shouldn't have. Oops. Razz

Haobo wrote:
Moving to level 40 from 39 causes flight power loss.

Added in a 'dec a' to fix that. Razz

CKH4 wrote:
Do you have any plans to release the tool to change the graphics of the game?

Yes; not too much longer. Just have to finalize how I want to so input.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Yay! Got the CE version of Portal up and running; enjoy! Very Happy
Now I don't know what to do with my time...

Download
Portal Returns CE

Oh hey, congrats, that's awesome! (Sending it now on my 84+CE... Razz)

And, you/Portal made the news on TI-Planet Razz
The game works well on the 83 Premium CE as well (unsurprisingly, I guess) Smile
Hey guys,

I'm new around here. Major fan of Portal Returns for the CSE, already got 2 other friends hoked on it Very Happy

Quick question: I have an older build, one from March 27th. I see the latest version was updated on May 21st. Is there any major differences (seems to be no changelog!). Worth the update?

Thanks in advance.
Mateo himself could answer that question better than me, of course, but the post two posts above yours is pretty much a changelog (there were no updates between the 27th and yesterday). Judging by that post alone, I'd say it's worth the update.

Welcome to Cemetech, by the way!
CKH4 wrote:
It crashed when I tried to quit


Well, that's a great way to close an app. Very Happy
M. I. Wright wrote:
Mateo himself could answer that question better than me, of course, but the post two posts above yours is pretty much a changelog (there were no updates between the 27th and yesterday). Judging by that post alone, I'd say it's worth the update.

Welcome to Cemetech, by the way!


Hmm yeah, I saw the previous posts, and just asked in case there was more.

IMO Portal Returns is the best game thus far for our beloved TI-84 CSE. Definitely appreciate all the hard work that went into developing it.
DaBeastKing wrote:
M. I. Wright wrote:
Mateo himself could answer that question better than me, of course, but the post two posts above yours is pretty much a changelog (there were no updates between the 27th and yesterday). Judging by that post alone, I'd say it's worth the update.

Welcome to Cemetech, by the way!


Hmm yeah, I saw the previous posts, and just asked in case there was more.

IMO Portal Returns is the best game thus far for our beloved TI-84 CSE. Definitely appreciate all the hard work that went into developing it.
Fantastic, thanks! Smile Looks like I missed you by a day, but here's a somewhat-major update: (This refers both to the CSE and CE versions)

So I finally finished the Sprite/Tile editor program, and I tried to make it as easy to use as possible. You can use any editing software that you like; but you are limited to 16 total colors, which really shouldn't be too much of a problem. If you have any questions, feel free to post them! Also, as a side note, the editor does not support these custom tiles, only the main game. It is probably a good idea to update the main file, as it fixes a crucial bug where sometimes level progress would not be saved, and where the colors get a little funky when in custom mode. Enjoy! Smile

EDIT: Approved, you can get the tools here:
Download CE version
Portal Returns CE
Download CSE version
Portal Returns CSE

Also, welcome to Cemetech, DaBeastKing!
Great job Mateo! Time to make a Uniorn textured version. Very Happy
Bug report: In level 21 you can have the portal bump into a block:
Oh, that looks like my fault. Razz Sorry.
Unicorn wrote:
Oh, that looks like my fault. Razz Sorry.


What? How is it your fault?
I made that level, I ported the monochrome levels. ;Wink
I hate lvl 12, I can't beat it...

Honestly I prefer the more puzzle focused ones than timed jumps, but you've got to have both I guess.

[EDIT] figured it out, partly thanks to unicorn Smile
Nice work! Have you made any more progress? Also, has anyone made any custom Portal tilesets and objects? It's pretty interesting to see how powerful it really is, and how much you can change. Smile Also, any more bugs or anything that has been found other than the ones listed above? Thanks!
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 21 of 26
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement