Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.
Pretty much most colors will be accurately displayed, although there may be some minimal loss as it uses 16 bit rather than 24 bit color. Just look at the Wikipedia page for 16 bit color to see the difference. Thank you so much for this; graphics are certainly not one of my strong suits. Smile
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Pretty much most colors will be accurately displayed, although there may be some minimal loss as it uses 16 bit rather than 24 bit color. Just look at the Wikipedia page for 16 bit color to see the difference. Thank you so much for this; graphics are certainly not one of my strong suits. Smile


So far I have the energy ball, and the surfaces of the ground and the portals, next I'll have a basic design for energy ball animation.

Edit.
I can't work on this at home because I'm grounded Sad but I get about 20 mins a day to work on it during school.
CKH4: The TI-84+CSE uses 16-bit RGB color arranged into what is called 5-6-5 color: 5 bits of red, 6 bits of green, and 5 bits of blue. This yields 64K possible colors, 32 possible true grayscale shades, and a decently good coverage of the RGB space. I'm not sure if Mateo is using the so-called xLIBC palette to save space, in which the high 8 bits of the color are equal to the low 8 bits. You can see the palette this yields here: http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php/DCSE:BasicLibs:DrawShape#Color_Values
CKH4: I'm using a dynamically controlled color scheme, which allows me not to have too worry too much about pallets, so just use whatever colors you may like. It is indeed stored in the 5-6-5 color, but colors can easily be changed during run time.
Here's a small preview of the textures, any comments/critiscism is welcome.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-BuQUyi-NAROEIwREtLclRzazA/view?usp=sharing
I like it! Let me see what happens when I add them in: Won't be too long.
MateoConLechuga wrote:
I like it! Let me see what happens when I add them in: Won't be too long.


Thanks, I'm still working on more versions and I haven't seen how they tile yet but that's next.

I'm also going to paste them over the screen shot to see a semi final preview, also what ttextures am I missing?
Here are a couple that are still needed:
-Doors (Horizontal and Vertical)
-Spikes
-Button (The kind that locks when hit by an energy ball)
-Crate Dropper

There are probably still a couple more; let me see.

EDIT: Here are the tiles that I have done so far:



How does it look?

EDIT: Also, 8x8 sprites would work at lot better with the conversion routine, so if you could increase the width and height of the sprites by 1, that would be fantastic. Thank you so much!
Just wondering, why is there white on only some of the walls? Other than that, looks great.
The white-covered walls are walls on which you can't put portals, if I understand correctly.
matrefeytontias wrote:
The white-covered walls are walls on which you can't put portals, if I understand correctly.
Actually, it's the opposite. As in the original Portal and Portal 2 games, only the white surfaces will accept portals.
Is there any chance that this program will be done by December 25? It seems like a huge project, so, I assume it won't be done by then.
Unicorn wrote:
Is there any chance that this program will be done by December 25? It seems like a huge project, so, I assume it won't be done by then.
You're hoping that Mateo will give us a Portal-themed Christmas present? Speaking for Mateo completely without his permission, this is a huge, huge project; remaining tasks include physics fine-tuning, designing and making levels, testing and debugging, and I'm sure more (story?). Let him work on it at his own pace, otherwise he might feel nagged. Smile
Ok, sorry if that seemed like a push, I just wanted to have an idea of when it might be done.
Unicorn wrote:
Ok, sorry if that seemed like a push, I just wanted to have an idea of when it might be done.
I'd imagine a few more months, at least. However, you can help by making yourself available for level design and beta-testing, I'd imagine. Smile Speaking from experience, the less a programmer has to worry about those aspects, the faster things will progress.
KermMartian wrote:
Unicorn wrote:
Ok, sorry if that seemed like a push, I just wanted to have an idea of when it might be done.
I'd imagine a few more months, at least. However, you can help by making yourself available for level design and beta-testing, I'd imagine. Smile Speaking from experience, the less a programmer has to worry about those aspects, the faster things will progress.

Ok, I might do that, though I don't know how much help I would be if I was a beta tester. I know nothing of z80. Very Happy
Unicorn wrote:
Ok, I might do that, though I don't know how much help I would be if I was a beta tester. I know nothing of z80. Very Happy


That's perfectly fine! This project is certainly a big one, and progress is still continuing to go quite smoothly. Any help is always much appreciated! Not even any programming experience is required. Smile Thanks again to everyone!
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Here are a couple that are still needed:
-Doors (Horizontal and Vertical)
-Spikes
-Button (The kind that locks when hit by an energy ball)
-Crate Dropper

There are probably still a couple more; let me see.


I'm working on it.

MateoConLechuga wrote:
EDIT: Here are the tiles that I have done so far:



How does it look?

Looks good.

MateoConLechuga wrote:
EDIT: Also, 8x8 sprites would work at lot better with the conversion routine, so if you could increase the width and height of the sprites by 1, that would be fantastic. Thank you so much!

Yeah, I'm already working on it.
Great, thank you! I do like the somewhat rough feel to it. Smile
So many headaches... Smile But an update for those of you who are wondering.

Finished:
::Rudimentary Physics (Still need friction...)
::Portal Shooting
::Portal Bumping
::Portal Clipping
::Portal Movement
::Level Loader
::Collision Detection
::Button Collision -- They don't know what to do yet though

Almost There:
::Lifting Boxes
::Box Physics
::Box Bumping

TODO:
::Doors
::Portal Eraser Beams
::Lasers
::Glass Walls
::Energy Balls
::Spikes
::Fail Animation
::Main Level Pack
::Transitions
::Splash Screen
::Testing


Ideas
::Custom Maps/Level Editor

So much work to do... Smile What fun!
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 25
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement