Hey all! After finishing up blackjack, minesweeper, and yahtzee I decided with another fun project. Mancala for the CSE! So far I drew my sprite sheet, should look pretty good.
Sprite sheet:

Mockup:

Note that the green around the oval and the circles are transparent. Just on the sprite sheet because it is easier to see the sprite boundaries.
Cool, I remember playing this game quite a while back. It is looking pretty sweet right now; I like how it randomly places the pieces in. Smile
So I changed the color scheme because tokens wants that brown color to be pink.. oh well. It now has a blue/turquoise scheme that I really like. I have the board generation, and the pellets randomly fall in each circle.
So far so good!
I don't like using the emulator for screen shots because the colors always look weird using jstified. Oh well. Here is one I got, the green background isn't that bright on hardware, nor are the blues that contrasting.
I think, seeing what you have done in less than a week, it is time for me to learn how to use appvars. Can you tell me how they work and also the real( command syntax. I tried for about 4 hours yesterday to understand it and I couldn't get anything to work. Please reply! Thanks!
Botboy3000 wrote:
I think, seeing what you have done in less than a week, it is time for me to learn how to use appvars. Can you tell me how they work and also the real( command syntax. I tried for about 4 hours yesterday to understand it and I couldn't get anything to work. Please reply! Thanks!

I think it would be best if you made a topic! I can only tell you so much, besides I'm sure others have input to help you out.
--
Question:
I'm not sure what to use to store the data of what color and how many pellets per circle.. I tried a list.. But not sure.. Thinking of something like this;

Code:

4*12→Dim(ʟNAME
//that gives the total number of pellets possible, each circle starts with 4 pellets
//each slot will be a number 1-6; to signify a color; 6 colors possible.
14→Dim(ʟOTHR
//there are 14 circles total, 12 playable and the 2 large ovals for scoring
//each slot will have a number that signifies how many pellets in ʟNAME that it takes up.

I think this will work.. Right?
Hmmm... Maybe a 48 dimension list where each number has its position in its integer value and color in decimal? So a pebble with value 11.3 would be in the 11th circle and be whatever color 3 corresponds to. Maybe this would work and save a bit of data, too.
Alright, so I got the list things figured out for the most part..
The arrow now let's you select a circle from your side [bottom side] and when pressing [2ND] it calculates the new amounts in each bowl, I just have to make some code that distributes the new pieces (including their color) to the new bowls. Thats what I'm working on now.
Still tweaking graphics, and again jstified botched up the colors.
Cool! It is looking pretty great! I do like the selector for the pieces. How are you randomizing the location of pieces? Keep up the good work; can't wait to try it when it is released. Smile
I think I'm going to make the corners more rounded.. Rather than more square.
The randomness of each piece is based off the one of the points in the circle (top-left area) Each piece can then be offset using a random x offset and a random y offset added. It was pretty easy. Maybe I should do it randomly and such that no two pieces can lay exactly on top of each other.. But there will be numbers above/below each circle saying home many pieces are in each one.. Just because it is hard to count the little pebbles.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours