Chipmaster wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
KermMartian wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
Chipmaster wrote:
No progress was made today because I didn't have school (taking an AP test lets you get out of school for the day). But, tomorrow, I plan to show my partner the OpenGL link, and perhaps we can pursue it...but we already have it generating a 3d landscape in DirectX... Crying

Eh, it doesn't matter really. You are doing it in VB which is Windows only anyway Laughing
You're telling me there's no nonmanual VB-->xplatform converter?!

Nope, not that I know of. You can try using wine or similar, but VB is such a horrible language anyway, there really is no reason to ever need a cross-compiler/interpreter, so it remains windows only....

And so why is everyone trying to get me to use Opengl??? Rolling Eyes

Today, we were able to get it to generate the 3d landscape and make the perspective rotate based on mouse movement (which was harder than I thought it was going to be).

Because it would be much easier to port Wink (a VB+OpenGL would be very easy to port to C/C++/Python+OpenGL)
Oh, ok. So that's why you wanted it to be open source so bad.. Evil or Very Mad Smile

I asked my partner, and it's ok if you publish it Wink
Chipmaster wrote:
Oh, ok. So that's why you wanted it to be open source so bad.. Evil or Very Mad Smile

I asked my partner, and it's ok if you publish it Wink

Done: http://www.kllrnohj.com/cemetech/tanks/fwtanksource.zip

(odly enough, the zip of the source is smaller than the exe....)
Hey Chip stop taking all the credit!
woah, major necroposting.
rivereye wrote:
woah, major necroposting.

I agree, and also, I am guessing that Dominator is Chips partner?
Oh yeah, what ever happened to this? Did you forget it about it chip?
Kllrnohj wrote:
\

Sounds like Chip and a friend were developing some version of Tanks on the computer?

P.S. Rivereye, what happened to your user bar? Surprised
Harq wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
\

Sounds like Chip and a friend were developing some version of Tanks on the computer?

I stopped working on it and he did too cause it got too complicated
asdfghjkl wrote:
Harq wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
\

Oh...

P.S. is there any reason why you names yourself asdfghjkl? Or did you just drag your finger down the middle row of keys?
Harq wrote:
asdfghjkl wrote:
Harq wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
\

Oh...

P.S. is there any reason why you names yourself asdfghjkl? Or did you just drag your finger down the middle row of keys?

people here dont like me and banned my name TheDominator used everywhere because they thought i spammed
asdfghjkl wrote:
Harq wrote:
asdfghjkl wrote:
Harq wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
\

Oh...

people here dont like me and banned my name TheDominator used everywhere because they thought i spammed

Ask Kerm to unban it and see if he can maybe transfer your posts Rolling Eyes
Harq wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
\

What do you mean, what happened to it?
asdfghjkl wrote:

Nah, its not because they thought you spammed... Its because you DID spam, have non-existant punctuation, ignore forum etiquette (like no double posting), and are hard as hell to understand
rivereye wrote:
Harq wrote:
Kllrnohj wrote:
\

What do you mean, what happened to it?

hmmm... strange.... a few minutes ago when I looked at your user bar it was about the size of my fingernail, now it is large Evil or Very Mad

On the puncuation point, do you think that i should punctuate at the end of a sentence if I end it with a smiley?

Ex. You really need to change that Razz
your kidding, never changed size for me. /me goes off and checks userbar folder.
rivereye wrote:
your kidding, never changed size for me. /me goes off and checks userbar folder.

Not kidding, I bet it was just a glitch, because once I reloaded the page after posting it was the same size again.

P.S. Check the bottom of my last post, I want you opiniono on that, because I am not sure.
Harq wrote:
On the puncuation point, do you think that i should punctuate at the end of a sentence if I end it with a smiley?

Ex. You really need to change that Razz

Nah, not needed. Hell, I rarely add a period if its the end of my post, as it is redundant...
I use to not to, but people started complaining about it (I though you did it kllrnohj), so now I do, but it is out of habit now.
rivereye wrote:
I use to not to, but people started complaining about it (I though you did it kllrnohj), so now I do, but it is out of habit now.

Yeah...

I need to start using fewer smilies, I started using almost none and now I have almost 1 in every post.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 5 of 6
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours