Login [Register]
Don't have an account? Register now to chat, post, use our tools, and much more.
that little module? unless something has changed, its all somewhat documented in Chinese, according to the hackaday post about it.
Luxen wrote:
that little module? unless something has changed, its all somewhat documented in Chinese, according to the hackaday post about it.
Since the first time they posted about it, there have been some English-language sites working to reverse-engineer and document it further, but I am not yet convinced it has the code space and processing power necessary for a gCn bridge. I will have to spend more time with the fledgling documentation.
I have just bought 1 spark core, awaiting a shipment - I was surprised how expensive expedited shipping was - nearly 10$ of difference, where I usually only see 2-3$.

and, sadly I don't have one of those batteries you used, but did you say it could be powered directly from 1 AAA battery?
Luxen wrote:
and, sadly I don't have one of those batteries you used, but did you say it could be powered directly from 1 AAA battery?
No, I said it could be powered directly from a set of four AAA batteries, assuming that the voltage is between 3.3V and 6.0V.
is that an adafruit trinket on the breadboard?
Nin68 wrote:
is that an adafruit trinket on the breadboard?


No, that is the Spark Core module. They do look quite similar though. Smile Hence the reason why this topic concerns the Spark Core.

Also, I do think that it is quite apt considering that it includes the CC3000 Wi-Fi module from Texas Instruments. Smile
Does the spark core and bridge program work with Gossamer?
16aroth6 wrote:
Does the spark core and bridge program work with Gossamer?
Yes, it certainly does! I haven't personally tested it, to be honest, but WebHub and IRCHub work properly, so there's no reason that FTPHub wouldn't work as well.
Isn't the spark core a 3.3v device? Why isn't a level converter necessary?
Because the Serial IO of the calculator is 5V.
geekboy1011 wrote:
Because the Serial IO of the calculator is 5V.


My point exactly, won't the spark core get damaged from the 5v coming into it?
IIRC its 5v tolerant. But let me double check that

Yeah just checked the Datasheet. The I/O lines are 5v tolerant. But put out 3.3v in the spark core setup
Thanks for the info!
No problem! Need anything else just ask! The spark core is a rather cool device and all that KermM has done some fun things with!
I got a Photon for Christmas, I can't wait until March!
I had the funds to just buy one. So me to!
Ivoah wrote:
I got a Photon for Christmas, I can't wait until March!
Congratulations, I hope you find it to be a very useful tool, and I definitely hope you'll share your experiences with us. It seems like the Photon would be a good candidate for an even more professional and polished globalCALCnet bridge, especially if we combine it with a nice 3D-printed case. I sense a product to show off at Maker Faire 2015 here. Wink
KermMartian wrote:
Ivoah wrote:
I got a Photon for Christmas, I can't wait until March!
Congratulations, I hope you find it to be a very useful tool, and I definitely hope you'll share your experiences with us. It seems like the Photon would be a good candidate for an even more professional and polished globalCALCnet bridge, especially if we combine it with a nice 3D-printed case. I sense a product to show off at Maker Faire 2015 here. Wink


I plan on ordering some P0's and making a pcb to put it all inside the case actually. Now that would be something awesome! And with that I could add in all the other features I wanted on my PCB mod!
Won't that require finally getting a toaster oven to do proper SMT reflow soldering? Or did I misinterpret the P0's package?
I have a hot air reflow station that can do the just nicely. Its just getting the solder paste and stencils. Which i now have a printer for ^^
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 4
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement