Since there aren't any tutorials for ASM programming the TI 84 plus CSE, can you list the changes in a graphical table view for the new memory addresses, prefix, b_call()'s, ext.
There's no list of changes, but the main differences to be aware of are that B_CALL's and memory addresses have been shifted around, with some added, some changed, and some removed. The hardware ports are also a bit different of course, due to changed hardware like the display driver. TI has released no documentation on any of this, so the best we have are the community's attempts to document things.

Most of the useful information is collected under the TI-84+CSE header on WikiTI (although port documentation is combined with the TI-83 Plus Family documentation), including the must-have include file which I would recommend copying and saving as "ti84pcse.inc". Although this won't always be a safe assumption, unless otherwise noted on WikiTI, I would assume that any B_CALL, memory area, etc. listed in that include file acts the same as any identically named 83+ counterpart. So you may also end up wanting to refer to the 83+ documentation on WikiTI in many cases, as well as TI's 83+ system routines documentation which provides documentation of some B_CALL's not documented on WikiTI.
Is there a list of saferam areas available on the CSE?
chickendude wrote:
Is there a list of saferam areas available on the CSE?

Not exactly sure; I have been using cmdShadow and textShadow...
I just found this: http://wikiti.brandonw.net/index.php?title=Category:84PCSE:RAM:By_Name

...so i'd say that yes, there is Smile
Cool, that helps me out as well! Smile

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours