Well I just thought I might create a fun little project based on a troll of an app that my sister used to have on her phone. The user will place their thumb on the screen and the secret is to press a certain key during the "scan" and it will say access granted. If a friend or derp is trying the scanner, they will not press another button and the program will return "Access Denied".
That sounds like it could be pretty interesting. Smile Sound like all you would have to do is set up a loop for a certain number of iterations, or until the key is correct, break out of the loop, then display the message. Good luck!
Yup, very simple, already finished about half. Once again, I am just doing it for the fun of it Smile Quick question to someone who may know: I noticed drawing a white line over the old line is slightly inefficient and erases a part of the current line. Are there any solutions to this problem?
not that I know of.
APotato wrote:
Yup, very simple, already finished about half. Once again, I am just doing it for the fun of it Smile Quick question to someone who may know: I noticed drawing a white line over the old line is slightly inefficient and erases a part of the current line. Are there any solutions to this problem?
Are you perhaps erasing a 2-pixel-wide line with a 1-pixel-wide line? Are you saying that erasing the line doesn't completely erase it?
It erases half the new line and creates a blinking effect. I fixed this problem though, the speed was slow so I changed the for loop a bit and the distance between the old and new lines is larger so yeah Smile The question was kind of derpy but I was very tired Razz
Ok, update with no screenie :-/ Got the key detection working, found out the silly cause to that problem. To get Access Granted, one must secretly click the math key with their thumb while the scanner is "scanning"
The program is finished! There is now an options feature allowing you to change the "secret key" Real quick screenie:
Quick question: Why do the lines blinker like that? Is it because of the calc itself, screenshot, or programming error?
I think its most likely the screen capture.

Have you thought about having a fingerprint image? - Though that might be a little slow.
Oh. Well, the fingerprint image might worked if he saved it to a pic, then recalled it each time.
I imagine that it would work pretty well using DCS libs (like xLIBC drawSprite+fillRectangle for example). I would be very happy to help you out with some example code and such if you are interested.
Yes I actually am, I was thinking about that but I was more into finishing the project quickly just for the fun of it. I would much appreciate that, I have not learned about sprites yet and I am looking forward to.
All the info on DCS8 libs can be found here: http://dcs.cemetech.net/index.php/Third-Party_BASIC_Libraries_(Color)

I made a simple example showing the fingerprint sprite using this code:

Code:
"FPRINT
real(5,0,0
80->R
real(0,1,1,0
real(0,3,4,0,1
real(0,3,4,0,0
real(7,7,44,16,72,88,5,1
real(7,7,44,16,72,88,5,0
Repeat R<=0
real(4,8,48,20,8,10,0,0,1,0,0,0
real(7,9,48,20,64,R,0,0
real(7,5,48,19+R,111,19+R,224,1
R-2->R
End
real(4,8,48,20,8,10,0,0,1,1,0,0
Pause
real(0,1,0,1

Where FPRINT refers to an xLIBC appvar that holds the data for a 64x80 sized fingerprint sprite. *Note* that this uses the 'sequential list' sprite function which is a little trickier to understand but is faster for applications like this. Basically all it does is draw the sprite and then draws a black rectangle over it. Each loop the height of the black rectangle shrinks revealing more of the sprite. its a simple idea but appears to work ok.
How would one go about making a sprite? I noticed things like sprite sheets where every block is a sprite or something. I would assume that maybe if I finally downloaded Token IDE then it would make sense?
Tokens is the best resource for sprites at this point. I have included the sprite appvar and the example program here: http://www.tr1p1ea.net/files/fprint.zip

*NOTE* that this example requires DCSE8.1 which can be downloaded here: http://www.ticalc.org/archives/files/fileinfo/456/45670.html
Thanks for all the help, tr1p1ea you definitely went beyond what would have been helpful. I thank you for taking time to create an example program for me! This has helped me get my creative juices flowing, if I manage to find the original on the app store, I'll be sure to show some screen videos Smile
Sounds awesome! I can't wait for source code or a download Smile
The basic version is here: http://www.cemetech.net/programs/index.php?mode=file&path=/84pcse/basic/programs/FingerprintScanner.zip I am going to get started on the hybrid basic version once my English HW starts to die down :-/

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours