Which would you go for?
Kindled Flame
 16%  [ 1 ]
Anima Ignis
 50%  [ 3 ]
Vero Flamma
 16%  [ 1 ]
Flame:**** (replace * with specific game title)
 16%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6

So, the flamerman game series was originally created back when I first began programming on calcs, with only one game that ever actually got released. the reasoning behind that is that I originally intended the game to actually be for the PC; game #2 is indeed under way (once again, without art for the moment till I can get some help). however, I feel that the series name is quite... immature.

Community Members! I task you with rebranding the series!

points to keep in mind for the series name:
1) try to keep something about "Fire" in the name.
2) lets keep it small, I tend to slap game title after series, and the game title gets to be bigger.
3) It cannot have the character in it (currently Hal) because this isn't the only main character of the series.

I may add points later, and we should have a poll for the best of those I select.

I look forward to hearing your suggestions!
Some amazing ideas:
Fireman (bee-do)
Incenditurr (Latin for "It was set on fire")
Incendi (Latin for "I set on fire")
Blaze
wellllll, no to the first one. 2 and 3 are nice-ish, I didn't think of using latin. 3 is too bland on its own, and might be taken.

would it help if I put up a brief summery of the next game? I knida don't want to.

Oh, and I'm right now repogamming game 1 for the CE, so wooh.
Sparking man
Burner

Thats all I got for now!
Sparking reminds me more of lightning than fire, and that option isn't much more mature than the original name. the second one is okay, but I think you have all the good ideas hidden up your sleeve.

[going along with Latin theme]
How does Anima Ignis sound? it is "Soul of Fire", in google.
We do, just we need to extract them from someone's brain.
more ideas:
SHF (Supa Hot Fire (look it up))
This game is hot
Flame(colon optional)Heat

Also, Anima is more "spirit" or "life-force" than "soul"
Here are my ideas:
Inferno
Turicremis (Latin for ablaze)
Xiongxiong (Flaming in chinese)
Some interesting ideas:
le feu (french for fire)
en feu (french for ablaze)
火災 / Kasai (japanese for fire)
el mechero
some more interesting ideas:
onis (latin for flamethrower)
pyre
scorched
flammantis (latin for flaming)
Vero Flamma (truth in flame, or something)
Ooh, Eightx84, I loved that last one, that is going to be a sure contender!

scorched: nice, but reminds me of "scorched Earth" aka Obliter8, which is an awesome game itself.

turicremis, Flame:**** : both are great.

Even though I would like a short fire-based name, that doesn't mean I want something that would fit a zombie apocalypse. some of these names are rather dark... Still, these are really good Ideas. ill be starting the poll with the best any time now.
Luxen wrote:
Ooh, Eightx84, I loved that last one, that is going to be a sure contender!

scorched: nice, but reminds me of "scorched Earth" aka Obliter8, which is an awesome game itself.

turicremis, Flame:**** : both are great.

Even though I would like a short fire-based name, that doesn't mean I want something that would fit a zombie apocalypse. some of these names are rather dark... Still, these are really good Ideas. ill be starting the poll with the best any time now.

So what do you want?
He said he was making a poll to decide
Eventually. I'm going to cross-post this onto a few other sites and get feedback from them, too.
Luxen, so far, out of curiosity, which of the names that will be in the poll do you like the most?
So far, these are the ones I am going to place in the poll:

Kindled Flame
Turicremis
Anima Ignis
Vero Flamma
Flame:**** (replace * with specific game title)

still waiting on other forums.
Oops, i never posted that the poll was open. Well, we have a smattering of votes across the board, so cemetech could really break the stalemate. The first option is my personal favorite.
bump: we have a stalemate here, too. can we get more votes? Ill give us a week before the poll closes.
Anima Ignis for sure; I think it flows off the tongue better and looks a little less tacky than the others.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours