I'm starting work on a turn-based, graphscreen RPG for the CSE. You will wander around the overworld, fighting monsters and bosses. Defeat the Dragonsglid army, and free Uvutu!
►Story:
10 years after the events of Source Seekers, the Dragonsglid army invaded the nation of Uvutu, starting with the town of Taoweh. You, a young kid, fight in the battle to save your people. The forces of Taoweh manage to deter the attackers, but it's only a matter of time before they strike again.

►Images:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgI2yR4Ecc8

Download Here!
Looking good, I am loving that fight scene, I have never seen such a thing on a CSE before! I also like how the tutorial works, displaying the text on the floor of the map.
This sounds like a fun project. I hope you'll consider exploring Hybrid BASIC libraries for the program, and some non-video screenshots would be excellent as well. Wink You probably already know, but for animated screenshots, you can record screenshots with an emulator like jsTIfied or WabbitEmu and then upload to a site like Imgur.
KermMartian wrote:
This sounds like a fun project. I hope you'll consider exploring Hybrid BASIC libraries for the program, and some non-video screenshots would be excellent as well. Wink You probably already know, but for animated screenshots, you can record screenshots with an emulator like jsTIfied or WabbitEmu and then upload to a site like Imgur.

Thanks, Kerm! I will consider using libraries, or something like make a version with and without the library stuff. As for the screenshots, I am working on it Smile
I like how the "Load" text is gray to show that it isn't available. Also I love how you use the colors! And finally, what is that bit of color at the end?
APotato wrote:
I like how the "Load" text is gray to show that it isn't available. Also I love how you use the colors! And finally, what is that bit of color at the end?

It's the overworld screen, a WIP. As you unlock new areas, they will appear and you can travel to them.
I just:
*Added some stuff to the overworld screen
*made it so enemies can attack you
*Fixed several things
*Added a menu (which doesn't work right now Razz)

Hmm. Maybe later in the project you could take advantage of the color and create doors? As in opening doors. So the exit, instead of a big gaping hole, could occasionally be a brown line.
Update!
I've been working on a few things including experience (meaning you can level up now), towns (which are a work in progress), making character movement virtually blinkless on-calc (can't say for emulators), and making the menu screen actually work. Screenie some of this stuff:
Nice, good to see some progress. Blinkless would mean erasing the previous position right before drawing the new position correct?
APotato wrote:
Nice, good to see some progress. Blinkless would mean erasing the previous position right before drawing the new position correct?

As far as I can tell, erasing right after movement is blinkless, which gives the illusion of movement. However, they have to be very close to each other, otherwise you see an afterimage.
I've spruced up the walls a lot, just give me a few minutes to get a screenshot...
Edit: It's been more than a few minutes Razz, but here:
Looks similar to what Age of Darkness was back on the monochrome. I decided to go homescreen for the CSE based on the size of the graphscreen, but I didn't really think about upgrading to the larger text. Ah well, it still works. Smile

I'm curious on how you're storing the room information, to know which side is open and available to traverse through.
tifreak8x wrote:
Looks similar to what Age of Darkness was back on the monochrome. I decided to go homescreen for the CSE based on the size of the graphscreen, but I didn't really think about upgrading to the larger text. Ah well, it still works. Smile

I'm curious on how you're storing the room information, to know which side is open and available to traverse through.

Well, I just have a few flag variables that turn on when situations are complete, such as when an enemy is defeated, or just if the level you're on is 1 (basically making it open right away). Then, I use that flag to test if the door is open, and if you can pass through. The variable will obviously be used for different things as different room puzzles are devised, but for now, that's how I did it.
Cool. I used 4 variables A-D that were set as either 0 or 1 to determine if a door was open or not, and then I used a list to determine if events were cleared or not, and if they should appear in rooms designated by 2 other variables, E and F. G and H were what kept track of my character on each screen. The rest of it is just data. Smile Was the simplist setup I could come up with way back then. lol
Well, I managed to fix a bug for the fire dungeon and battles, but for some reason I have to do this if I want the level test to work and not skip around:

Code:
If L=6:"M->Str1
If Ans:50->V
If Ans:11->T

That's all right, though. I also added an orange battle border and changed the yellow diagonal line to brown (trust me, it looks good). Screenies soon!
Yes screenies! Looking forward to those Smile
Unfortunately, all of my work was wiped. However, most, if not all, changes have been documented. I will continue to work on it and restore my progress.
Edit: I caught up to where I was before, except for a few minor bugs. Once I get these worked out, I will upload the screenshot I promised Smile
123outerme wrote:
Well, I managed to fix a bug for the fire dungeon and battles, but for some reason I have to do this if I want the level test to work and not skip around:

Code:

That's all right, though. I also added an orange battle border and changed the yellow diagonal line to brown (trust me, it looks good). Screenies soon!
The issue there is that the 50->V modifies Ans, and "M->Str1 also modifies Ans. Did you account for that?
KermMartian wrote:
123outerme wrote:

Code:

The issue there is that the 50->V modifies Ans, and "M->Str1 also modifies Ans. Did you account for that?

If Ans is 0, it skips the next line, meaning that Ans will still be 0 (I forgot to add that before the If L=6 is a 0 to modify Ans).

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours