I have hidden a valuable chest somewhere on the Cemetech minecraft server. You can get the chest (and the items in it) if you find it.
If you want to find the chest, follow the tips I put each day in this topic. The tips are mostly text, but sometimes I put some pictures in it.
I'm doing this just once, and maybe another time if you like it Razz

The chest contains this:

• 1 stack glowstone blocks
  • 4 stacks glowstone dust
  • 2 stacks coal blocks
  • 8 name tag's
  • 2 saddles
  • 4 strength II potions
  • 4 extended invisibility potions
  • 2 times 2 coupons to use at MonkeyShop (there are some invisible characters in the name so you can't copy it Very Happy):

• 50% off
    • 1 free powder packet(=1 stack of glowstone dust, redstone, sugar, gunpowder)

I tried to put some valuable stuff in it for everyone, please say if I did it for you Smile.

Also close means in a 25 block radius on X and Z axis.
Here are tips (more will come each day):

1. It's not cold here, it's not wet here.
  2. Close to the chest the ground has 3 colors: Brown, Green and white.
  3. It's a biome with a "M" in the name. (uppercase "M"!)
  4. At the foot of some wood, you'll find your loot.
  5. The Y coordinate of the chest is over 100!

And here the pictures:

I don't think I'll be able to find this most excellent chest of goodies from those clues, but I just want to say that I think this is a great activity. I hope that once this chest is eventually found, other people step up with similar scavenger hunts. I might make my contribution a cool but hidden structure of some sort with a chest of reasonable goodies accessible only through cleverness. Good luck to everyone attempting to find Monkey's chest!
Merch wrote:
I'm doing this just once, and maybe another time if you like it Razz

Let's not forget about the official monthly Geostashing (Topic) activity I have running on the server. You're welcome to hide your own chests (as are other users) though! Smile
KermMartian wrote:
I don't think I'll be able to find this most excellent chest of goodies from those clues, but I just want to say that I think this is a great activity. I hope that once this chest is eventually found, other people step up with similar scavenger hunts. I might make my contribution a cool but hidden structure of some sort with a chest of reasonable goodies accessible only through cleverness. Good luck to everyone attempting to find Monkey's chest!

The first clues will help you later, I didn't want it to be found after 2 day's or something like that. Tomorrow there is also a picture so you can take a look at the dynmap Smile.
That would be awesome if people will do that, hope you'll try it one day. And also good luck to you kerm to find it.

comicIDIOT wrote:

Let's not forget about the official monthly Geostashing (Topic) activity I have running on the server. You're welcome to hide your own chests (as are other users) though! Smile

I had this idea for a while, then I saw the monthly chest, But mine is a little bit different since it takes more time (every day another tip) and not that the first one gets the chest (assuming it's an easy clue). But nice to hear that you like it Smile.
Where can I find the IP for the server. I don't think I'll be able to find it with the current hint. But would love to search for it in the future. Also does the server support 1.8 already (does it run bukkit (is bukkit updated for 1.8 already?)).
MrJPGames wrote:
Where can I find the IP for the server. I don't think I'll be able to find it with the current hint. But would love to search for it in the future. Also does the server support 1.8 already (does it run bukkit (is bukkit updated for 1.8 already?)).
Our server is mc.cemetech.net ; you can find that information on http://mc.cemetech.net . The server is not yet a 1.8 server, because Bukkit 1.8 has not yet been released.
I enjoy seeing things like this and would love to see more from anyone in general. Definitely do continue to update-- I'll keep watching for your clues. For me, when 1.8 rolls out, I'll be making a Thalassius adventure mission that will be in the style of an adventure map, featuring hidden custom made structures around the map, and a grand reward in the end of it all (:
Here is the second clue + a picture! Note I took all pictures (also the future ones) in a radius of 100 blocks. The chest is not always in the picture but when it is I'll say it.
Also close means in a 25 block radius on x and z axis.

• Close to the chest the ground has 3 colors: Brown, Green and white.

So that was the clue of today, see you tommorow again Very Happy.
So here is the clue of today, only some text now Sad:

• It's a biome with a "M" in the name.

NOTE: The "M" needs to be uppercase in the name!
I have found the terrain in that picture, and I have figured out where nearby the chest could be. Now I need to investigate and see if I'm right. Smile
So today again a clue and another picture!

• At the foot of some wood, you'll find your loot.

Here is the clue of today:

• The y coordinate of the chest is over 100!
the chest has been located!
1222, 108, 375

Thanks you all for playing!
KermMartian wrote:

Once I get some more plot space on land, I'm gonna make a building with a 'race to the top' sort of challenge and a chest of goodies at the end.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours