Hello all, I have a TI-84 Silver Edition and i have not used it in awhile. It was missing a battery so i put one in and turned on the calc. When i Turned it on i was greeted with the message " TI-84 Silver Edition 2.21 Ram Cleared" then i pressed the "clear" button and my calculator is basically frozen and is extremely slow. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,
cpriano
Have you tried resetting it yet?
Sorry if this is a silly question, but how do i go about doing so
cpriano wrote:
Sorry if this is a silly question, but how do i go about doing so
Go to [2nd][+] (Mem) and choose the Reset option. Have you used a unit-to-unit (I/O, not USB) cable recently? If so, it's possible the tip may be lodged in the link port, shorting it to produce those symptoms.
yes, i have reset it and its still having the issues. and no i havent used one of those things.

cpriano wrote:
sorry it is a TI 84 PLus Silver edition if that changes anything
Is the cursor blinking very slowly? Do keypresses register immediately, or do you have to hold them down for a while? Do all keys work, even if they work slowly?
Ya the cursor blinks slowly, the keys do NOT register immediately, i have to hold them. yes i believe all keys work
Quote:
Remove one of the AAA batteries. Press and hold [CLEAR]. While holding [CLEAR], reinsert the AAA battery and press [ON]. The calculator should display the message "RAM Cleared". Release [CLEAR] and then press it one more time to remove the message.

or maybe
Quote:
Remove one of the AAA batteries. Press and hold [DEL]. While holding [DEL], reinsert the AAA battery and then press [ON]. The calculator should display "Waiting...Please install calculator software now". Follow the instructions for the TI-83 family or TI-84 Plus family to reinstall the calculator operating system.

https://epsstore.ti.com/OA_HTML/csksxvm.jsp?nSetNumber=11900

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours