merthsoft wrote:
I think the bricking was almost exclusively due to overclocking, wasn't it? I think if avoid that (or addins that do that) you should be okay.

At least for my bricked PRIZM's, you can totally rule overclocking out, since the last one broke with the exact same behavior that the other ones did, and I never overclocked it and only had a couple addins on it.

My personal theory is that each time I sent a broken calc in they either replaced it with one from the same batch, or they just repaired it and sent it back. It just seems like too much of a coincidence that all three broke the exact same way.
[quote="flyingfisch"][quote="merthsoft"]I think the bricking was almost exclusively due to overclocking, wasn't it? I think if avoid that (or addins that do that) you should be okay.[/quote]

At least for my bricked PRIZM's, you can totally rule overclocking out, since the last one broke with the exact same behavior that the other ones did, and I never overclocked it and only had a couple addins on it.

My personal theory is that each time I sent a broken calc in they either replaced it with one from the same batch, or they just repaired it and sent it back. It just seems like too much of a coincidence that all three broke the exact same way.[/quote]

Have you tried to request another replacement or were out of warranty or gave up on it now?
I tried to request another but since I got my calc free through the promo I had no proof of purchase. I am not really sure how it worked but from what Nathan Austin (Casio rep) said, it sounds like he was not sending me real replacements but was giving them away as "gift" calculators. And apparently he did not feel that he could send me any more, and he started to think I was breaking them by voiding the warranty.

I really don't understand the whole thing but since I am out of high school now and I still have an fx9750 (hacked though, so it is actually an fx9860), I just kind of gave up on trying to get another one.
ProgrammerNerd wrote:
Well you should be able to quickly notice that it is trying to run a program that you do not have called casio-gcc. You need to fix that. To do this in the folder called libc edit the makefile

Code:
TOOLCHAIN_PREFIX=prizm-
CC=$(TOOLCHAIN_PREFIX)gcc
AS=$(TOOLCHAIN_PREFIX)as
AR=$(TOOLCHAIN_PREFIX)ar
CFLAGS=-c -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Os \
      -mhitachi -ffreestanding -Wall -Wsystem-headers -g -I../include

With

Code:

TOOLCHAIN_PREFIX=sh3eb-elf-
AS=$(TOOLCHAIN_PREFIX)as
AR=$(TOOLCHAIN_PREFIX)ar
CFLAGS=-c -m4a-nofpu -mb -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Os \
      -mhitachi -ffreestanding -Wall -Wsystem-headers -g -I../include -I.

Now do the same for the makefile in the folder libfxcg replace

Code:

TOOLCHAIN_PREFIX=prizm-
AS=$(TOOLCHAIN_PREFIX)as
AR=$(TOOLCHAIN_PREFIX)ar
CFLAGS=-c -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Os -Lr -I../include -flto -std=c99 -Wall -Wextra

With

Code:

AS=$(TOOLCHAIN_PREFIX)as
AR=$(TOOLCHAIN_PREFIX)ar
CFLAGS=-c -m4a-nofpu -mb -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Os -Lr -I../include -flto -std=c99 -Wall -Wextra

Thanks for your kind help before.

I started fresh in C:\Casio folder, put original PrizmSDK-0.3 content there, then wrote over with https://github.com/gbl08ma/libfxcg. Copied libc and libfxcg into the projects folder and replaced first 6 lines of makefile for libc project so it looks like this now:

Code:

AS=$(TOOLCHAIN_PREFIX)as
AR=$(TOOLCHAIN_PREFIX)ar
CFLAGS=-c -m4a-nofpu -mb -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Os \
      -mhitachi -ffreestanding -Wall -Wsystem-headers -g -I../include
LDFLAGS=-Wl,-static -lfxcg
ARFLAGS=rsv
OBJECTS=printf.o setjmp.o stdio.o stdlib.o ctype.o string.o unistd.o time.o
LIBRARY=../lib/libc.a

all: $(LIBRARY)

$(LIBRARY): $(OBJECTS) ../lib/libfxcg.a
   cp ../lib/libfxcg.a ../lib/libc.a
   $(AR) $(ARFLAGS) $@ $(OBJECTS)

clean:
   rm -f $(OBJECTS) $(LIBRARY)

When I run make.bat for it I get the following error:

Code:

C:\CASIO\projects\libc>..\..\bin\make.exe
sh3eb-elf-gcc -c -m4a-nofpu -mb -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Os -mhitach
i -ffreestanding -Wall -Wsystem-headers -g -I../include    -c -o printf.o printf
.c
sh3eb-elf-gcc: error: CreateProcess: No such file or directory
make: *** [printf.o] Error 1

Please kindly help me with fixing this please
I do not use windows but I believe it means that it cannot find sh3eb-elf-gcc. Also you may need to end it with .exe so it will run on windows. To fix this set the path to contain the compiler. Just make a bat file that sets the path then runs make. It should work. Also you know you can google these error messages? That is what I did and I am now in effect writing a summary of what I just read.
Thank you very much. I assume you suggested to modify make.bat to the following:

Code:

SET PATH=%PATH%;C:\CASIO\bin
..\..\bin\make.exe %*
pause

It does move the things further I think but now I get the following errors for libc

Code:
C:\CASIO\projects\libc>..\..\bin\make.exe
sh3eb-elf-gcc -c -m4a-nofpu -mb -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Os -mhitach
i -ffreestanding -Wall -Wsystem-headers -g -I../include    -c -o printf.o printf
.c
printf.c:1:19: fatal error: ctype.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.
make: *** [printf.o] Error 1

and in case of lifxcg the following

Code:
C:\CASIO\projects\libfxcg>..\..\bin\make.exe
sh3eb-elf-gcc -c -m4a-nofpu -mb -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -Os -Lr -I..
/include -flto -std=c99 -Wall -Wextra  syscalls/Alpha_GetData.s -o syscalls/Alph
a_GetData.o
syscalls/Alpha_GetData.s: Assembler messages:
syscalls/Alpha_GetData.s:3: Error: unknown opcode
make: *** [syscalls/Alpha_GetData.o] Error 1

I have tried to google those errors but cannot figure out anything from the search results I get. So sorry for being slow (and on Windows) - any help you can give will be very much appreciated.
I got stuck on the problems in the above post and in meantime decided to give libc.a and libfxcg.a a try from http://jenkins.taricorp.net/job/libfxcg/lastSuccessfulBuild/ Build #27 (Sep 14, 2014 8:33:08 PM). There were also examples attached with them so I decided to trie them out too - managed to compile and test HelloWorld, input, hourglass and progressbar ok but with starfield I get the following problem:

Code:

C:\CASIO\projects\starfield>..\..\bin\make.exe clean
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, touch C:/CASIO/projects/starfield/src/version
Provider.cpp, ...) failed.
rm -f -fr build C:/CASIO/projects/starfield/starfield.bin C:/CASIO/projects/star
field/starfield.g3a

C:\CASIO\projects\starfield>..\..\bin\make.exe
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, touch C:/CASIO/projects/starfield/src/version
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, touch C:/CASIO/projects/starfield/build/src/v
ersionProvider.cpp, ...) failed.
sh3eb-elf-gcc -MMD -MP -MF C:/CASIO/projects/starfield/build/main.d -Os -flto -f
no-exceptions -Wall -Wno-write-strings -mb -m4a-nofpu -mhitachi -nostdlib   -IC:
/CASIO/projects/starfield/build -IC:/CASIO/include -DPRIZM -D__GIT_VERSION=\"\"
-c C:/CASIO/projects/starfield/src/main.c -o main.o
C:/CASIO/projects/starfield/src/main.c: In function 'newStar':
C:/CASIO/projects/starfield/src/main.c:9:5: warning: this decimal constant is un
signed only in ISO C90 [enabled by default]
C:/CASIO/projects/starfield/src/main.c: At top level:
C:/CASIO/projects/starfield/src/main.c:39:6: warning: return type of 'main' is n
ot 'int' [-Wmain]
C:/CASIO/projects/starfield/src/main.c: In function 'main':
C:/CASIO/projects/starfield/src/main.c:43:5: warning: implicit declaration of fu
nction 'memset' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
C:/CASIO/projects/starfield/src/main.c:43:5: warning: incompatible implicit decl
aration of built-in function 'memset' [enabled by default]
sh3eb-elf-gcc  main.o -mb -m4a-nofpu -mhitachi -nostdlib -TC:/CASIO/common/prizm
.ld -Os -Wl,-static -Wl,-gc-sections  -LC:/CASIO/lib -lfxcg -lgcc -lm -lc -o C:/
CASIO/projects/starfield/starfield.bin
C:/CASIO/lib\libc.a(string.o): In function `_strcasecmp':
/home/jenkins/workspace/libfxcg/libc/string.c:103: undefined reference to `___fp
scr_values'
C:/CASIO/lib\libc.a(string.o): In function `_strcat':
/home/jenkins/workspace/libfxcg/libc/string.c:80: undefined reference to `___fps
cr_values'
C:/CASIO/lib\libc.a(string.o): In function `_strdup':
/home/jenkins/workspace/libfxcg/libc/string.c:130: undefined reference to `___fp
scr_values'
C:/CASIO/lib\libc.a(string.o): In function `_strncasecmp':
/home/jenkins/workspace/libfxcg/libc/string.c:163: undefined reference to `___fp
scr_values'
C:/CASIO/lib\libc.a(string.o): In function `_strncat':
/home/jenkins/workspace/libfxcg/libc/string.c:137: undefined reference to `___fp
scr_values'
C:/CASIO/lib\libc.a(string.o):/home/jenkins/workspace/libfxcg/libc/string.c:124:
 more undefined references to `___fpscr_values' follow
C:/CASIO/lib\libc.a(printf.o): In function `__v_printf':
/home/jenkins/workspace/libfxcg/libc/printf.c:291: undefined reference to `___mo
vmemSI12_i4'
C:/CASIO/lib\libc.a(printf.o): In function `__printf_do_udecimal.isra.0':
/home/jenkins/workspace/libfxcg/libc/printf.c:41: undefined reference to `___fps
cr_values'
C:/CASIO/lib\libc.a(printf.o): In function `__printf_decimal':
/home/jenkins/workspace/libfxcg/libc/printf.c:63: undefined reference to `___fps
cr_values'
C:/CASIO/lib\libc.a(stdio.o): In function `_fopen':
/home/jenkins/workspace/libfxcg/libc/stdio.c:109: undefined reference to `___fps
cr_values'
C:/CASIO/lib\libc.a(stdio.o): In function `_fclose':
/home/jenkins/workspace/libfxcg/libc/stdio.c:126: undefined reference to `___fps
cr_values'
C:/CASIO/lib\libc.a(stdio.o): In function `_fwrite':
/home/jenkins/workspace/libfxcg/libc/stdio.c:214: undefined reference to `___fps
cr_values'
C:/CASIO/lib\libc.a(stdio.o):/home/jenkins/workspace/libfxcg/libc/stdio.c:232: m
ore undefined references to `___fpscr_values' follow
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [C:/CASIO/projects/starfield/starfield.bin] Error 1
make: *** [build] Error 2

C:\CASIO\projects\starfield>pause
Press any key to continue . . .

What could it be that despite of me not having a folder /home/jenkins/workspace/libfxcg/libc/ the libc.a refers to it multiple times above?

Please help to get setup with the binaries for windows any possible way you can - many thanks in advance.
Just a side-note: Keep an eye on the elf binary support for the prizm as this should, once it is stable, allow a much more complete libraries from being distributed and used with Prizm addins. The current issue preventing these libraries from being accepted for use is the linking clause. If shared linking is made to work, a lot of these missing headers and library code should be able to be used more widely.
Thank you all for your kind help. Can anybody recommend someone who would be able to help me get setup properly on Windows. So far I was able to only compile basic examples but as soon as I try any examples with TScrollbar (like scrollbar demo from INSIGHT project) or anything more advanced the compiler stops with errors like unknown type name 'TScrollbar' etc just to give one example.

Is there anybody who was able to compile more advanced add-ins on Windows and be willing to help me with this please?
Can you post the error you get with TScrollbar? I'm guessing that has to do with it not being typedef'd in libfxcg, it's just a matter of changing the code to use it in another way, but for that I need to make sure it's actually a type error.
Thanks for looking at this - here is the complete make.bat output and I can post a copy of the scrollbar demo code from INSIGHT too if you wish - many thanks in advance:

Code:

C:\CASIO\projects\Scrollbar>..\..\bin\make.exe clean
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, touch C:/CASIO/projects/Scrollbar/src/version
rm -f -fr build C:/CASIO/projects/Scrollbar/Scrollbar.bin C:/CASIO/projects/Scro
llbar/Scrollbar.g3a

C:\CASIO\projects\Scrollbar>..\..\bin\make.exe
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, touch C:/CASIO/projects/Scrollbar/src/version
process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, touch C:/CASIO/projects/Scrollbar/build/src/v
ersionProvider.cpp, ...) failed.
sh3eb-elf-gcc -MMD -MP -MF C:/CASIO/projects/Scrollbar/build/example.d -Os -flto
 -fno-exceptions -Wall -Wno-write-strings -mb -m4a-nofpu -mhitachi -nostdlib   -
IC:/CASIO/projects/Scrollbar/build -IC:/CASIO/include -DPRIZM -D__GIT_VERSION=\"
\" -c C:/CASIO/projects/Scrollbar/src/example.c -o example.o
C:/CASIO/projects/Scrollbar/src/example.c: In function 'F16_Handler':
C:/CASIO/projects/Scrollbar/src/example.c:9:1: error: unknown type name 'TStanda
rdScrollbar'
C:/CASIO/projects/Scrollbar/src/example.c:10:1: error: unknown type name 'TScrol
lbar'
C:/CASIO/projects/Scrollbar/src/example.c:11:11: error: request for member 'I1'
in something not a structure or union
C:/CASIO/projects/Scrollbar/src/example.c:12:11: error: request for member 'indi
catormaximum' in something not a structure or union
C:/CASIO/projects/Scrollbar/src/example.c:13:11: error: request for member 'indi
catorheight' in something not a structure or union
C:/CASIO/projects/Scrollbar/src/example.c:14:11: error: request for member 'I5'
in something not a structure or union
C:/CASIO/projects/Scrollbar/src/example.c:15:11: error: request for member 'bart
op' in something not a structure or union
C:/CASIO/projects/Scrollbar/src/example.c:16:11: error: request for member 'barh
eight' in something not a structure or union
C:/CASIO/projects/Scrollbar/src/example.c:17:11: error: request for member 'barw
idth' in something not a structure or union
C:/CASIO/projects/Scrollbar/src/example.c:19:6: error: subscripted value is neit
her array nor pointer nor vector
C:/CASIO/projects/Scrollbar/src/example.c:22:3: warning: implicit declaration of
 function 'StatusArea' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
C:/CASIO/projects/Scrollbar/src/example.c:24:13: error: request for member 'barl
eft' in something not a structure or union
C:/CASIO/projects/Scrollbar/src/example.c:24:49: error: request for member 'barw
idth' in something not a structure or union
C:/CASIO/projects/Scrollbar/src/example.c:26:13: error: request for member 'indi
catorpos' in something not a structure or union
C:/CASIO/projects/Scrollbar/src/example.c:26:38: error: request for member 'indi
catormaximum' in something not a structure or union
C:/CASIO/projects/Scrollbar/src/example.c:26:4: warning: implicit declaration of
 function 'random' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
C:/CASIO/projects/Scrollbar/src/example.c:27:4: warning: passing argument 1 of '
Scrollbar' from incompatible pointer type [enabled by default]
C:/CASIO/include/fxcg/display.h:159:6: note: expected 'struct scrollbar *' but a
rgument is of type 'int *'
C:/CASIO/projects/Scrollbar/src/example.c:29:7: error: subscripted value is neit
her array nor pointer nor vector
C:/CASIO/projects/Scrollbar/src/example.c:29:19: error: subscripted value is nei
ther array nor pointer nor vector
C:/CASIO/projects/Scrollbar/src/example.c:30:3: warning: passing argument 1 of '
StandardScrollbar' makes pointer from integer without a cast [enabled by default
]
C:/CASIO/include/fxcg/display.h:160:6: note: expected 'void *' but argument is o
f type 'int'
C:/CASIO/projects/Scrollbar/src/example.c:32:3: warning: implicit declaration of
 function 'QuickExitCheck' [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
make[1]: *** [example.o] Error 1
make: *** [build] Error 2

C:\CASIO\projects\Scrollbar>pause
Press any key to continue . . .
Try putting

Code:
typedef scrollbar TScrollbar;

in your code. That should let you use TScrollbar. Also copying code from Simon's INSIGHT (or any code not meant to build with libfxcg, for that matter) is not a very good idea as he uses a very different SDK, where even the syscall names differ.
gbl08ma wrote:
Try putting

Code:
typedef scrollbar TScrollbar;

in your code. That should let you use TScrollbar.

Thank you very much for your help. I think my problem is that something like library binaries or some other parts are not working on Windows. If I put the above and even comment out other parts out I still get for that line "error: unknown type name 'scrollbar'" so I am very lost. I was trying many of your examples but kept getting compiler error similar to the above so went back to the HelloWorld, input, hourglass, progressbar and other simple examples which compile and run ok but anything more advanced like yours do not. Is this because I don't have windows versions of library binaries? Has anyone ever managed to compile those on Windows please? Or is it some other problem? Many thanks in advance

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 2 of 2
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours