Hayleia wrote:
Thanks ^^
MateoConLechuga wrote:
Do they go vertically as well?
Well that's what I stated in my post Razz
It should work but I need to do some testing.

MateoConLechuga wrote:
at least Thanksgiving break is a couple weeks away.
Well that's an american thing, we don't have this in France.


Whoops, totally missed everything after looking at that screenshot. Smile And now I realize just how big the world is... Smile
That looks awesome! Are you planning on supporting other map effects?
Hayleia wrote:
MateoConLechuga wrote:
at least Thanksgiving break is a couple weeks away.
Well that's an american thing, we don't have this in France.

Thanksgiving break might be just an american thing, but I thought that Thanksgiving wasn't just an american thing.

Looks good, any chance of adding a level editor later on in the program?
Also, how close are you to adding other objects?
16aroth6 wrote:
Thanksgiving break might be just an american thing, but I thought that Thanksgiving wasn't just an american thing.


You're aware that Thanksgiving is a celebration of American colonists not starving to death, right?
elfprince13 wrote:
You're aware that Thanksgiving is a celebration of American colonists not starving to death, right?


I like the way you worded that Laughing
elfprince13 wrote:
That looks awesome! Are you planning on supporting other map effects?

Thanks Smile
And I kind of thought about some way to support almost any type of moving platforms, even ones that disappear or change their forms, even things like Pokemon Stadium (in less impressive but I mean the fact that the stage completely changes at some point) but even though it would be a lot of fun to play and to code, I have other priorities right now (still 3 school projects). I'd probably do that when everything else is done Smile

16aroth6 wrote:
Looks good, any chance of adding a level editor later on in the program?
Also, how close are you to adding other objects?

The level editor seems like a so-so idea to me. Not bad because it would indeed allow people to create their map in a very convenient and user-friendly way. But not so good either because it would probably be hard to implement all the effects I planned (just above in that post) in the editor. Not impossible but annoying. It would be easier for me to just write a tutorial to allow people to create their maps like I started doing so for characters (and I should probably do that, it would not even be long).

And by "other objects", do you mean items such as the Pokeball, the Bumper, etc ? If so, I am... I don't know how far from that Razz
I don't even have projectiles (which is a bit annoying for Fox's and Falco's blasters) and before I add this, I need to properly handle hitboxes, give Fox and Falco their real hits (they have some kind of placeholders for now, and even hits that do nothing) and add the percent system. So you'll say that if that's all what's before items in the todo list, it's not far. But if I could work on this project more often, I'd do it...
What about something like the Arwing from Corneria? It's essentially a moving platform with weapons, but at times it leaves the map. This seems like it is of intermediate complexity between Pokemon Stadium and just moving.
It would actually be harder to do than Stadium-style platforms because of projectiles Razz
And if we forget the part about projectiles, it's just as much work as Stadium-style platforms. It's about scripting a movement/transformation. In both cases, I have to write the parser that "understands and executes" the "script", and it's the almost the same script (just "change position" instead of "change height" but still "change something").
After doing some testing, it turned out that:
- objects moving vertically were working
- same for objects moving diagonally
- sprite and rectangles were working
- but there was a problem with collisions with objects moving vertically, now fixed Very Happy

Here's the result, in images...


I am still not releasing though, I must adjust some things about objects' speeds Razz
That is fantastic! Smile How does the boo move around? Is it random?
Thanks ^^
And no, the boo has a square area and moves diagonally inside of it, changing direction when reaching a border. And that's actually what all platforms do, not only the boo, it's just that other platforms either have a X-speed at 0 or a Y-speed at 0 Wink
Wow that looks amazing Surprised
Thanks ^^
And now, my game fits the definition people would give to a Smash Bros. game which is "fighting game where people try to eject other people out of the stage by hitting them, which gives them percents that helps ejecting farther". I just probably need to calibrate percents because 90% seems a bit low to be ejected at the speed that Falco got ejected.
That just keeps getting better and better! Surprised I do remember being able to get up to about 300% at one point. Smile
Thanks Smile
And the maximum is actually 999% (I should implement that by the way, for now you can get up to 65535 and loop back to 0 -.-). It's just very hard to get to since you are very likely to get ejected by any hit so to get to those high numbers, the best is to go in a map with walls and/or ceilings (like Temple) and tech all over the place. But fail once and you're dead Wink
In fact, after someone on TI Planet asked for it, I thought that there are enough new things to play with in Smash for a release.

So yeah,
Smash
MapBoo
StupidMap

I am still not releasing the source for this though, because I am still working on things and wouldn't like someone to change something now (even though no one seems to have touched the source for now).
Hayleia wrote:
Thanks Smile
And the maximum is actually 999% (I should implement that by the way, for now you can get up to 65535 and loop back to 0 -.-). It's just very hard to get to since you are very likely to get ejected by any hit so to get to those high numbers, the best is to go in a map with walls and/or ceilings (like Temple) and tech all over the place. But fail once and you're dead Wink

Actually, in Brawl, it will only display up to 999%, but it still counts the damage after that (for example, you have a one life stock battle that says that you only get 999% damage, but the end results list will show more than that.)
Also, the map editor comes in handy to make a box level. Those can only be kill you by glitching through the wall... (it happens often when you're at 999% or over...)
This looks amazing!!! I can't wait for the final product!
Are there any eventual plans to have it support more than two players?
I've attempted to use this application a few times now, on a Ti84+SE. It hasn't worked. AppVars are unarchived, adn I have plenty of memory and archive storage space. Am I missing something?
16aroth6 wrote:
Actually, in Brawl, it will only display up to 999%, but it still counts the damage after that (for example, you have a one life stock battle that says that you only get 999% damage, but the end results list will show more than that.)
Ok but I am doing Melee, not Brawl (see first post) Razz
More seriously, I don't think it would be that useful to have more that 999% because you'll die before, except in those particular situations you described.

16aroth6 wrote:
Also, the map editor comes in handy to make a box level. Those can only be kill you by glitching through the wall... (it happens often when you're at 999% or over...)
Well nothing prevents you from doing a map using the tutorial (not done yet but the map editor isn't either Razz). Plus, a box level wouldn't work right now since I don't support wall and cuiling collisions yet.

16aroth6 wrote:
Are there any eventual plans to have it support more than two players?
I was planning to add CalcNet support. But this is exactly the kind of thing I don't have time to work on at all right now. As you saw, I only worked on two little easy things lastly.

Dapianokid wrote:
I've attempted to use this application a few times now, on a Ti84+SE. It hasn't worked. AppVars are unarchived, adn I have plenty of memory and archive storage space. Am I missing something?
The problem is probably that appvars are unarchived. I should make this a bit smarter but appvars are copied to RAM when the game runs. Even less smart: when both players choose Fox, two Fox appvars are created in RAM.
Hayleia wrote:
16aroth6 wrote:
Actually, in Brawl, it will only display up to 999%, but it still counts the damage after that (for example, you have a one life stock battle that says that you only get 999% damage, but the end results list will show more than that.)
Ok but I am doing Melee, not Brawl (see first post) Razz
More seriously, I don't think it would be that useful to have more that 999% because you'll die before, except in those particular situations you described.

The only reasoning I can see that would call for making sure it doesn't go beyond 999% in the display and for the literal value in memory is to stay true to Melee's battle system.
The reason I say that and add a seemingly argumentative snippet is because this game is obviously huge and runs into problems because of the limited environment, so you'd want it to be as fast as you can get it; if you're running into a problem with speed you could just not worry about limiting that value because, as you said, it only comes up in rare and rather foreced situations. Don't wanna spend that extra time checking and correcting its value when it won't come up anyway, eh? Smile


Dapianokid wrote:
I've attempted to use this application a few times now, on a Ti84+SE. It hasn't worked. AppVars are unarchived, adn I have plenty of memory and archive storage space. Am I missing something?
The problem is probably that appvars are unarchived. I should make this a bit smarter but appvars are copied to RAM when the game runs. Even less smart: when both players choose Fox, two Fox appvars are created in RAM.


I've tried it both archived and unarchived :/
  
Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 3 of 5
» All times are GMT - 5 Hours
 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

 

Advertisement