CVSoft wrote:
I'm sure the vast majority of players can agree that the politics as they stand needs to end...Do not wait until 1.9 to implement change. The server population will continue to degenerate so long as the current system is active...there is guaranteed to be one truth: something needs to change fast.

This is what I've been saying way before the 1.9 topic even started. The whole "all-out PvP" political stance has ruined freebuild and I think I can comfortably say that, even though it hurts me beyond no end, I will not be an active player anymore until things change. I will pop on if anyone wants building advice, though that will probably be rare because, as I said before, freebuild is being destroyed from the all-out PvP and political fighting that has taken over the server. This place was an escape from real life for me, and now I feel real life is starting to creep in to the server and I just can't.

See you guys in 1.9...maybe....
Quote:
There is a lot of posfing activity in the 1.9 discussion topic that should be over here

Well, just two posts.

Quote:
There are even plugins to moderate this (ask Bosaik)

No, Bosaik should speak up.

Now, the whole "toggle PvP per player" thing seems rather complex. How do you attribute builds to players? What if a two [non-PvP] players build together then one changes to PvP? What is the cooldown for switching between the two modes? I don't want users switching to PvP then switching back when their attack is over, and I don't want a monetary cool down because y'all print money like it still matters.

There should be no player selectable PvP modes. It either is a part of our server culture or only in marked and designated arenas.

I'm also pushing for a non-PvP server because it'll allow me to designate moderators to help me take care of issues. It's hard being the only admin on the server to settle disputes. It's not fair for me or the members, and it's why I've been admittedly lax on punishments so it doesn't seem like I'm favoring one large nation over the second. More moderators means there'll be a general vote or at least vibe towards taking proper action towards a player.

If I can start this in 1.8, I can get a feel for who I want as moderators in 1.9.
Bosaik has spoken up

http://dev.bukkit.org/bukkit-plugins/pvpmanager/
This will manage your PVP problem
and Towny will manage builds.

Enjoy,
Google.
Bosaik Olaza wrote:
Enjoy,
Google.

Well, that's not what I was expecting. I was thinking you had a detailed solution involving plugins. Given that there's no plan and just a link, I don't see why CVSoft could have shared the link in lieu of asking you, unless he didn't know/remember himself.

Anyways, kudos. Smile
I have my own server and all though I would love to help, I don't need to give you all the answers. If you want a demo on how it works visit me. Your the admin though and its always best to take suggestion then find solutions yourself. I gave you the plugins you needed, I think it best for you to figure out how to implement them.
I just want to remind everyone that has been inactive as a protest against the PvP rules that the Cemetech Minecraft server now functions in 1.8 as an Intellectual Survival server, with stealing, griefing, and involuntary PvP against the rules. I look forward to the players who wanted such rules rejoining us in the next few days, and to further entice you, there's a race on for caches of valuable treasure hidden across the map!

Cemetech Minecraft 1.8 Server: Intellectual Survival
*necrobump, because relevant:*
comicIDIOT wrote:
I'm also pushing for a non-PvP server because it'll allow me to designate moderators to help me take care of issues.
I'm volunteering notipa to be a 1.9 moderator based on his experience, time on the server (since 1.6!) and our discussion in IRC in which he seemed willing.
KermMartian wrote:
*necrobump, because relevant:*
comicIDIOT wrote:
I'm also pushing for a non-PvP server because it'll allow me to designate moderators to help me take care of issues.
I'm volunteering notipa to be a 1.9 moderator based on his experience, time on the server (since 1.6!) and our discussion in IRC in which he seemed willing.

CVSoft would also like to volunteer notipa as a 1.9 moderator. He tells me he's willing to be one, with his wide availability times as a huge bonus.

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
» Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
» View previous topic :: View next topic  
Page 7 of 7
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours