So pretty much I came up with this idea in about 2 seconds. I guess it's a little ironic, as it will be teaching how to program Ti-Basic, and it is made in the language it is teaching, oh well. If there is anything that I wished that I learned early on in my life, it would have to be Ti-Basic programming. It has had a huge impact on my life. It can be described as a gateway language if you will, as learning it, easily leads to other programming experiences.
The way this program is going to be structured will be multiple chapters and subchapter. There will be a memory system that allows for the user to see what chapters have been completed and which exercises have been logged as completed. There will be an example "video" or program execution per chapter to help visualize for an easier learning experience.
As well as teaching how to program different programs it will have numerous pages of information for quick lookup purposes.
I don't have any screenshots as I haven't started any coding, but soon some will come.
Hmm, I'm curious to see how this will end up. It seems like you have a good idea about how you want to make it.

zeldaking wrote:
As well as teaching how to program different programs it will have numerous pages of information for quick lookup purposes.

Will this be similar to the app "Catalog Helper"?

zeldaking wrote:
The way this program is going to be structured will be multiple chapters and subchapter. There will be a memory system that allows for the user to see what chapters have been completed and which exercises have been logged as completed. There will be an example "video" or program execution per chapter to help visualize for an easier learning experience.

Good luck with this! If I attempted it, and I've thought about it, the program would probably have way too many labels and throw a ton of errors! So, you're going to give little example codes and show what they do when executed?

What kind of categories would you use?
What if you give the user questions along the way, like a test, and you must get a certain score to continue?
Good luck!
I hope this is going well, Zeldaking. It would be especially cool to me (although of course not required at all) if it cross-referenced "Programming the TI-83 Plus/TI-84 Plus" in some way. Smile Do you have any idea which topics you'll be covering by the contest deadline?

Register to Join the Conversation
Have your own thoughts to add to this or any other topic? Want to ask a question, offer a suggestion, share your own programs and projects, upload a file to the file archives, get help with calculator and computer programming, or simply chat with like-minded coders and tech and calculator enthusiasts via the site-wide AJAX SAX widget? Registration for a free Cemetech account only takes a minute.

» Go to Registration page
Page 1 of 1
» All times are UTC - 5 Hours